Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

Pick of the Week – tween sensation Mission Six Superhero

posted by Joanne Brokaw

MissionSixcoverart.jpgTween pop rock band Mission Six released their debut album Superhero this week, which raises the question: Do we really need another Christian tween pop artist?
The answer is yes, especially when it’s not another choreographed, hyper-energetic dance group.

I know this might be an odd choice for the Pick of the Week, but honestly, I think Mission Six might be the next big tween thing. Big, as in screaming girls and hoopla and the cover of Tiger Beat (does Tiger Beat still publish a magazine?). Get your ear plugs ready now, Mom and Dad!
They’re more than just a group of cute boys that the girls will go gaga over. Mission Six has contagious energy, offering listeners a mix of pop rock and tight harmonies. And while they’re basically still just kids – the guys in the band range in age from 12 to 14 – their music isn’t CCM for kids. (Good grief, I hate those albums where they get a bunch of children to screech current CCM hits.)
Mission Six more like Relient K sung by guys whose voices just haven’t changed yet.
Even more, they talk very openly about their faith, even calling Jesus the “sixth member of the band.” Good music, good peer example, what more could a parent ask for?
Superhero might not be an album I’d pop in and listen to from start to finish, given the fact that I don’t have any pre-teens, but it’s certainly not something I’d dismiss out of hand just because of the member’s ages, either.
But if you have kids, you definitely don’t want to miss it. Superhero is a great, fun album with encouraging and positive songs that’ll give the Jonas Brothers a run for their money.
You can hear Mission Six on Radio Disney or catch them on the ShoutFest tour, starting August 31. For more about the band, visit their website.

Amanda

posted August 14, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Mission 6 is a very inspiring group.
They are a very good group of kids.

missionsixfan

posted August 14, 2008 at 8:19 pm

omj mission six ROCKs!! next big thing 4shure!!

Emily

posted August 14, 2008 at 9:59 pm

MISSION SIX ROCKS!
go to http://www.missionsixfan.webs.com …its an awsome website about the band!

Kenzi

posted August 15, 2008 at 8:01 pm

Hi. I just wanted to say that i love this band and it changed me life. Keep on rocking! Love ya Noah. Love yur #1 fan

Anthony

posted August 20, 2008 at 12:05 am

These guys are the real deal… it’s so refreshing to see a real “boy band.” They aren’t a group of no-talent boys who someone taught to lip sync and dance. These guys are good musicians, and their music carries a great message. Phenomenal- cancel your appointments, let your calls go to voicemail. Go get their CD before it’s sold out. For real.

Anthony

posted August 20, 2008 at 12:06 am

Margo

posted November 7, 2008 at 2:46 pm

We should get these guys together with “The Rubyz” adorable Christian girl group and Mission Six would be a great combo! (check them out in the August issue of Brio Magazine) Sounds like a cute pairing!

jacqui

posted January 26, 2009 at 7:59 pm

i love you guys you are awsome!love ya issac!!!

Nichole

posted January 30, 2009 at 2:14 pm

OMG!I love this band. They totally rock! They came to my church and they were amazing! Keep on rockin for Christ guys!

Your Name

posted March 3, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Hey i love your music! It is great to see some teenage guys so open about their Christianity. Your anwsers in Brio were good are you sure your just 12-14. You sound alot smarter than most guys i know. Keep rockin your faith

ALEXIS

posted April 28, 2009 at 11:18 am

HEY THESE GUYS CAN PLAY I SEEN THEM THERE REALLY THERE FOR GOD AND TO HELP YOU BELIEVE

bill

posted May 27, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Hey Margo, I hope you’ve seen info about I-Shine, the tour that’s on the road lately. Mission Six, the Rubyz, Jasmine, and Luke Benward doing shows with speaker Paige Armstrong. for more info, go to Ishinelive.com.

Victoria Cress

posted November 25, 2009 at 10:09 am

I met Mission Six a couple weeks ago, I talked to the lead singer (Noah) and I got his guitar pick. They all seemed like very down to Earth people and they should visit Evansville more often. I love you guys!!!!!! Especially Noah!!!!!

kerington

posted June 26, 2010 at 9:59 pm

i love mission six there awsome!!!!!

kerington

posted June 26, 2010 at 10:01 pm

there really cute!i just went to big ticket 2010 and i heard them i was really shy but…… well there awsome

Another Blog To Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!

posted 4:04:02pm Mar. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Davy Jones dies and I say goodbye to my childhood
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hzusE4veM&feature=youtu.be] Greetings, dear Beliefnet readers! It's been a while since I posted - I'm kind of in limbo right now with entertainment writing, as I've made the move to animals and faith. You can read more on my personal blog,Notes From The

posted 7:13:01pm Feb. 29, 2012 | read full post »

The X Factor final performances - care to predict a winner?
Tonight was the final performance episode of this first season of The X Factor in the US, and what a way to end the competition. The three finalists - Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene, and Melanie Amaro - pulled out all of the stops for their final performances. First, each performed a duet with a star,

posted 9:45:43pm Dec. 21, 2011 | read full post »

Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Honest.
  Rock fans and women around the world are breathing a collective sigh of relief: Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Despite rumors of his demise, the charming rock legend is alive and well. It appears to have started with a fake blog post reporting that Bon Jovi suffered cardiac arrest. However at a

posted 8:13:10pm Dec. 19, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor final four results: Marcus goes home
On tonight's The X Factor results show, Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene went through to the next round and Marcus Canty was sent home. OK, OK, I know, I know. I 've been hard on Marcus Canty the last few weeks, so you may be thinking that I'm happy he went home tonight. I wasn't happy

posted 9:25:44pm Dec. 15, 2011 | read full post »