Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

Update on Rev. Timothy Wright

posted by Joanne Brokaw

RevTimothyandBettyWright.jpgThe New York Daily News reported this weekend that Rev. Timothy Wright “remains on a respirator but is conscious and alert three weeks after a car accident that killed his wife and grandson.” The family hopes to move him to a rehab facility later this week.
Rev. Wright was told last week about the death of his wife; family had been waiting until his condition stabilized before giving him the news.
A wake was held yesterday for Betty Wright and D.J. Wright. Funeral services are today.
Related posts:
Rev. Wright and family involved in car crash
To send condolences to the Wright family
Funeral services announced for Betty Wright and grandson DJ

Paulette Singleton - Gospel Announcers Guild

posted July 28, 2008 at 11:54 am

I along with the Gospel community and the entire Body of Christ will continue to have the Wright family in our hearts and prayers.
I have seen Rev. Timothy Wright many, many times had have sang in the National COGIC choir … years ago under the direction of Mattie Moss Clark. Dr. Wright loves his family, people of God and Gospel music and we certainly love him and his family.
May God comfort the family in the days and months ahead as Rev. heals.
Be Blessed

chanala

posted July 29, 2008 at 9:55 am

i pray that the family stay strong. i know this is a trying time for the family. just stay encouraged and know that god never makes mistakes. even though the two have departed this world they have touched many lives and there spirit lives on. may the presence of god remains as the family mourns. just know that god is in control. always remember, to be absent from the body is to present with the lord. to rev. timothy wright, “no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper”.

Nicole Fletcher-Alabama

posted July 30, 2008 at 12:13 am

To the Wright family my thought and prayers are with your whole family.
God make no mistakes. Just keep looking to the hill which come our help all our help comes from the Lord. Remember he want put no more on us then we can bear.

Evangelist M. E. Haney

posted July 30, 2008 at 10:11 am

I’m praying for the family, that God continues to strengthen you for this journey.
Sincerely,
Marsha

The Green Family

posted July 30, 2008 at 10:59 am

Dearest Bro Wright, we are so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved wife and grandson. Our heartfelt sympathies are sent to you and your family. We are asking the Lord to comfort and keep all of you in his care and to bless you to fully recover from your injuries. Your music has and continues to bless our lives. We dedicate your “Katrina Song” – JESUS, JESUS, JESUS to YOU, because GOD IS YOUR MASTER,SAVIOUR,COMFORTER, HEALER AND FRIEND. GOD WILL UPHOLD YOU Brother. You sang “Some way, Some how we’re gonna make it” and you all will, with JESUS on your side. The saints of God love you and we have your back in prayer. Be Blessed. Love in Christ, Bro Robert, Sis Teresa and Tenneka Green, Mesa, AZ.

pastor troy sirmans

posted July 30, 2008 at 4:20 pm

i just want pastor wright to know .we love him and are praying for him and his family. u all have a long road ahead but we know god is able. hold your head up keep leaning on the lord. god bless and keep u all
pastor,fristlady sirmans,
rightwaychurch-valdosta ga.

Anonymous

posted July 31, 2008 at 12:41 am

REV.T.WRIGHT GOD HAS A PLAN WE NEVER KNOW WHAT IT IS, JUST LOOK TO THE HILL WHICH COME OUR HELP. LET GOD COTINUE TO GUIDE YOU ONLY HE KNOW. I PRAY YOU GET BETTER AND MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES IN THE PASSING OF YOUR FAMILY. GLADYS – GOD HAS A PLAN.

Joyce Fisher

posted July 31, 2008 at 7:24 am

My heart felt sympathy goes out to the Wright family in their hour of bereavement. I was deeply hurt to hear of their loss. May God help you to bare this tremendous burdon.
Remember, he cares for you and that earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.

francine Hines

posted July 31, 2008 at 7:44 am

Re. Wright I extend my condolences out for the homegoing of your wife and grandson. I pray that God continues to stregthen you. I also pray for your entire family. Bless all of you.

Rev. LaJuan Dixon

posted July 31, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Dear Rev. Wright,
My heart was heavy when I heard the news. We can only go by the bible that says we would have trials and tribulations, but if we stay faithful to Him he will stay faithful to us. Our scripture is John 14: 1-7. I don’t expect you to, at first say yes Lord, but because of your ministry and God desiring to use this tragedy to be a blessing for someone else. No cross. no crown. I pray your strength in the Lord.
God bless You!
Rev. LaJuan Dixon
Chicago, Illinois

Denise

posted July 31, 2008 at 7:17 pm

The Lord can and will change all situations for the best.
Be encouraged and keep your head up.

Eldridge Branch

posted August 1, 2008 at 10:40 am

You have my deepest sympathy. This is when the word comes into effect.
Trust and be encouraged through the word.
God will sustain you.
This is from an old friend in Baltimore, El Branch

Joanne Brokaw

posted August 1, 2008 at 8:10 pm

In case anyone is interested, I talked to one of the representatives from the Wright family today and have posted an update, specifically regarding an email that is circulating about Rev. Wright’s medical expenses.
Joanne Brokaw
host of the Gospel SoundCheck blog

Amy Louris

posted August 3, 2008 at 7:48 pm

My prayers go out to the Wright family. God is still in control. Just keep praising him in the good times and the bad times. My husband and I have been following the Wright’s family acheivements through out the years the sermons and the songs have truly been a blessing in our home. We love you all.

Linda Alexander

posted August 11, 2008 at 11:30 am

My prayers are with the entire Wright family. Just take it one day at a time, because it will take time to heal. God blessing to all.
Linda Alexander
East Palatka, FLorida

Pamela McNair

posted August 13, 2008 at 5:09 pm

Rev. Wright our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. We trust God that you will make a victory report soon and very soon. That nobody brought you out but God.
Pamela McNair
Fayetteville, NC

regina williams

posted August 20, 2008 at 3:58 pm

DEAR REV. WRIGHT AND FAMILY:
YOU WILL STAY IN MY PRAYERS.
IN PRAYER, REGINA WMS.

LINDA WILLIAMS

posted August 25, 2008 at 6:49 pm

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH MR. TIMOTHY WRIGHT AND HIS FAMILY, GOD IS TRULY ALIVE AND WELL.

Joyce Clark

posted August 27, 2008 at 9:07 pm

To the Wright Family,
May God grant you a full recovery and you go back to singing and preaching better than ever is my prayer.In Jesus Name!
Joyce

Elder N. M. Bassett,lll

posted August 30, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Only God holds the answers to the circumstances that produce the questionable realities in our lives. As much as one wants to try to imagine how to approach matters as such as these with woild o consulation our limited experiences and inite minds just won’t allow.
But in God we have a hiding place, “Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,” an sometimes lie situations obligate us “just to take him at his word!”
I’m reminded of the song Rev. Wright professed with Willie Neal just beore his passing “Take It To Jesus!” Jesus is still our friend even when situations presemt themselves as the enemy. To hear of Rev. Wright’s iching to get back to his “Father’s business,” at his sacred desk,”Oh How Sweet It Is!” “To God be the glory,” the example of the significance and importance or the men and women to stay on task that other master their walk is being lived out so devinely right now by the “Man of God’s,” mind and behavior.
“To God Be The Glory!”
New Millennial Outreach Ministries International
CEO / PASTOR

Sandra Calhoun Baltimore, MD

posted September 4, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Rev. Wright, I love you and your family. May God continue to bless and keep you. I will continue to keep you lifted in prayer, he will always see you through.

Dennis J. Godfrey, Sr.

posted September 5, 2008 at 11:49 am

Minister Wright, you are in our prayers. I pray that God will strengthen you during your time of recovery. We pray for the lost of your wife and grandson.

Anonymous

posted September 9, 2008 at 2:11 pm

KEEP ON SINGING FOR THE LORD HE WILL BLESS YOU

teresa bowen

posted September 26, 2008 at 8:13 pm

I AM SO SORRY THAT SIS AND DJ HAD PASSED AWAY.PEOPLE AIWAYS TOLD ME NOT QUESTION GOD.I WISH I CAN BRING THEM BACK.I WISH THE LORD HAD TAKING ME.I NO THEY BOTH IS UP THEIR WITH THE LORD.I NO IF THE LORD ASK SIS WRIGHT DO SHE WENT GO BACK TO EARTH OR DO YOU WENT TO STAY HERE.SHE WOULD NOT COME BACK HERE FOR NOTHING.I DID NOT SAY GOOD BYE TO BOTH OF THEM.
TERESA BOWEN

SHARONDA CARTER

posted November 19, 2008 at 2:16 pm

I AM JERSEY ST. PAUL S.O.P, IT USE TO ST. PAUL FBH IN NEWARK, NJ. THE LATE BISHOP NATHANIEL SIMMONS. I WAS SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENED TO REV. TIM AND HIS FAMILY, I REMEMBER WHEN HAS HAS COME TO ST. PAUL OFTEN TO SING. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HIM AND HIS FAMILY. IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL GOD SAYS IT’S OVER…..

Linda Brothers

posted January 10, 2009 at 12:32 pm

I used to attend Greater Zion Chapel where Bishop Simmons was the Pastor. What a wonderful person who really motivated the people of his church. I knew his entire family as a young child and really missed him when he left the chicago area all praises and bless his family.

Another Blog To Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting Gospel Soundcheck page. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter Happy Reading!

posted 4:04:02pm Mar. 16, 2012 | read full post »

Davy Jones dies and I say goodbye to my childhood
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2hzusE4veM&feature=youtu.be] Greetings, dear Beliefnet readers! It's been a while since I posted - I'm kind of in limbo right now with entertainment writing, as I've made the move to animals and faith. You can read more on my personal blog,Notes From The

posted 7:13:01pm Feb. 29, 2012 | read full post »

The X Factor final performances - care to predict a winner?
Tonight was the final performance episode of this first season of The X Factor in the US, and what a way to end the competition. The three finalists - Josh Krajcik, Chris Rene, and Melanie Amaro - pulled out all of the stops for their final performances. First, each performed a duet with a star,

posted 9:45:43pm Dec. 21, 2011 | read full post »

Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Honest.
  Rock fans and women around the world are breathing a collective sigh of relief: Jon Bon Jovi is not dead. Despite rumors of his demise, the charming rock legend is alive and well. It appears to have started with a fake blog post reporting that Bon Jovi suffered cardiac arrest. However at a

posted 8:13:10pm Dec. 19, 2011 | read full post »

The X Factor final four results: Marcus goes home
On tonight's The X Factor results show, Melanie Amaro, Josh Krajcik and Chris Rene went through to the next round and Marcus Canty was sent home. OK, OK, I know, I know. I 've been hard on Marcus Canty the last few weeks, so you may be thinking that I'm happy he went home tonight. I wasn't happy

posted 9:25:44pm Dec. 15, 2011 | read full post »