Gospel Soundcheck

Gospel Soundcheck

Funeral services for Betty Wright and grandson DJ

posted by Joanne Brokaw

RevTimothyandBettyWright.jpgFuneral services, or as the press release more aptly puts it, “homegoing” services, for Betty Wright and her grandson Daniel (DJ) Wright, Jr. have been announced.

Betty Wright, who along with her husband Rev. Timothy Wright, was co-pastor of the Grace Tabernacle Christian Center in Brooklyn, NY, and her grandson DJ were killed in an auto accident on July 4th in Pennsylvania. Rev. Timothy Wright remains in the hospital.
The wake and viewing will be:
Noon until …
Sunday, July 26
Grace Tabernacle Christian Center
1745 Pacific Street
Brooklyn, NY
The Homegoing Celebration will be:
Monday, July 28 at 11 a.m.
Washington Temple Church of God in Christ
1372 Bedfor Avenue
Brooklyn, NY
Interment will be at Greenfield Cemetary in Uniondale, NY.
In lieu of flowers, donations are being accepted to cover costs. More information can be found by visiting the Rev. Wright’s MySpace page.
Rev. Wright underwent surgery yesterday to repair his broken jaw. He suffered extensive injuries in the crash and remains at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA where he is responding well to treatment.
RELATED POST:
The real story about Rev Timothy Wright’s current condition and the email asking for donations

Renee Williams

posted July 18, 2008 at 12:51 pm

My prayers are with the Wright family and I pray that the Lord will give Rev Timothy Wright a speedy recovery and that he continues to let the Lord lead and guide him.

elsie russell

posted July 18, 2008 at 2:08 pm

will be praying for your recovery rev.timothy wright sorry about the loss of your wife and grandson.

Verneal Kizer-Cooper

posted July 18, 2008 at 2:25 pm

My prayers are with the Wright Family.
In spite of what’s going on the Lord will make away.
Stay Blessed.

Edith Johnson

posted July 18, 2008 at 4:10 pm

Hi, I am so sorry about your tragedy and I pray for speedy recovery, I do not know you are you family personally, I have heard and love the song that she have sung. This is unfortunate and unexpected accident. I will pray for you and your family, especially Rev. Wright. I live in Florida and was reading the gospel news and saw it.

Cishley harper

posted July 18, 2008 at 4:28 pm

My prayers are with the Wright Family. May God continue to give you extra strength as you go through this tragic. May God comfort you the more as the Wright family do his will. May God continue to bless you in all that you do. Peace and love from the heart.
May Jesus Christ be the center of your Joy.
your friend,
Cishley

The Seed Of Faith Choir from Washington D.C.

posted July 18, 2008 at 6:02 pm

Our prayers are with the Family, were are sorry for the loss of your your wife and grandson. May the Lord give you strength and comfort during your recovery, and May God Bless you all.

evangelist cynthia young

posted July 18, 2008 at 11:34 pm

IM CONTINUEING TO PRAY UNTILL A BREAKTHROUGH COMES!
STAY ENCOUARGED GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH THIS STORM.

Elder James L. Mitchell of Iowa

posted July 19, 2008 at 1:15 am

My sincere prayers are with the Wright Family. I’m believing and trusting God on Eld. Wirght’s behalf for a Miracleous breakthrough.
Hold on to God’s unchanging hand. He’ll never leave or forsake you.

Pastor R L B/ Evangelist C M S

posted July 19, 2008 at 2:10 am

The family of C.A.R.E.S. Ministries/C.A.R.E.S. Records, Inc. takes this time to bequeath our condolences. We will sustain prayers in favor of the strength, comfort, encouragement, and healing for Pastor Wright and family. We accept as true not only the restoration of health(Ps.41:3), but also believe by faith in Pastor’s physical and divine healing. Our prayer/vigil remains with the family:
“Surely our grief’s He Himself bore, and our sorrows He carried;
Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
But He was pierced through for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed” (NAS).
PLEASE DO NOT CRY FOR ME
I DID NOT MEAN TO LEAVE SO SOON
I HAD SO MUCH TO DO
THE FATHER HAD A DIFFERENT PLAN
HE SAID “IT’S TIME FOR YOU”
“COME HOME MY CHILD AND TAKE YOUR PLACE
YOUR JOB IS FINALLY DONE”
THERE IS NO NEED FOR OTHERS TO CRY
FOR YOUR RACE IS FINALLY WON
I KNOW YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND
BUT SHED NO TEARS FOR ME
I AM WARM AND SAFE IN HIS BOSOM
OH YES, I AM FINALLY FREE

Missionary Jackie Ralph

posted July 19, 2008 at 12:18 pm

The Wright family are in our thoughts and prayers you have blessed so many people with the words of you’re songs, know that the loss of you’re family is only a test. God even has a greater thing for you’re ministry to move to the next level. Look unto the hills which cometh your help and remember that all of our help comes from the Lord.

Yolanda Newman

posted July 19, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Tragedies can draw us closer to God. I’m praying Isaiah 61:3 for you and your family that God will give you a garment of praise for your spirit of heaviness.

Bishop Calvin Turner

posted July 19, 2008 at 9:37 pm

I will truly pray to the Lord to give you the strength to see you through. God will never leave you. You will make it.

Anonymous

posted July 19, 2008 at 11:54 pm

On the behalf of Church of God MPGT Ministries of Charleston,WV; Prayers are continuous for the family and church ministry. Remember “we have a High Priest that can be touched with every situation and every emotion”
With Great Concern & Prayers…Bishop MDA/ Elect-Lady MAA

Min. Dorothy A. Smith-Frazier

posted July 20, 2008 at 7:01 am

May the persence of God comfort your hearts as HE carries you through this. All of us at Sunday Morning Gospel WERG-FM 90.5 and the Erie(PA) community are standing with you trusting that HE will never leave you alone. Our prayers are constant, knowing that God is in the room.

Denise Smith

posted July 20, 2008 at 4:46 pm

May the Lord continue to keep you in his care. And give you strength to overcome. Your song, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus will minister to you.

Anonymous

posted July 20, 2008 at 5:52 pm

my prayers are with you and your family

Marilyn Chambers

posted July 20, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Rev.Wright your songs have comforted me down through the years. I want you to know that altho you o not know me personally, that my family are praying for you and your family at this time. I wish for you a speady recovery and that through each challenge, each tear that you shed , that God all Mighty will get you through it. Don’t give up. Keep on moving. For your Children. I know it is hard. Keep on going. Mom probably would not want you to give up, neither would dad. Be Incoraged, you will see her again if you are in Jesus. My prayer for you is that each time you feel down troden or sad, that God will send some one or some one to your aid to chear you with a word or song,or a thought of mom or D.J. that is nice will bring a smile to your face and incorage you to move on. Allow them to live on through you. Love your sister in Christ.

Niece of Michael Gramby Maggieann McLeod

posted July 20, 2008 at 10:03 pm

I am Praying for all of you……..

Mary Morgan Buchanan

posted July 20, 2008 at 11:12 pm

My prayers are going up before God right now to give comfort and strength in this time of bereavement to the Wright Family. Jesus knows every one of our struggles and feels our pain. You don’t have to utter a single word, He understands. Pastor Betty Wright knew there was power in His name. “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus……Healer, Healer, Healer.” Don’t be afraid to call on Him anytime you feel the need. “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4. The Lord loves you, and so do I. God is with you.

Minister Henry J. Harris

posted July 21, 2008 at 8:55 am

It is at times like this that we began to reach to find a life line,
taht will keep us safe through the storm. Bishop you have that life
line because many time you’ve been there for others in time of distress. Maybe not in person but so many times our Lord has sent
a word of comfort through you. Now, Brother Wright and family it
is our time to tell you “Psalm 34; I will bless the Lord at all time;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul sahll make its
boast in the Lord; the humble shall hear of it and be glad. Oh,
magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought
the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They
looked to Him and were not ashamed. This poor man cried out, and the
Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of
the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them. Oh,
taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in
Him! Psalm 34:1-9 And Bishop my prayers goes with you to give you
strength in the day to come. May God bless you!

S. S. Brown

posted July 21, 2008 at 9:03 am

On the behalf of Virtuous-By-Nature family well want to extend our deepest sympathy to the Wright family. Our prayer are with you.
God Will
Take Care of You
“He Himself Has said,
I will not in any way fail You
nor give you up
nor leave you without support”
Hebrews 13:5
May your hearts always
Find peace and comfort in the knowledge
That you are never alone.
May God’s presence ease your spirit
And give your rest when you need it.
He knows how you feel.
He is ever aware of your circumstances
And ready to be your strength,
Your grace, and your peace.
He is there to cast sunlight
Into all of your darkened shadows,
To send encouragement through the love
Of friends and family, and
To replace your weariness with new hope.
God is your stronghold,
And with him as your guide,
You need ever be afraid.
No circumstances can block his love.
No grief is too hard for him to bear:
No task is too difficult
for him to complete.
When what you are feeling
is simply too deep for words
and nothing anyone does or says
can provide you with the relief you need,
God understands.
He is your provider
Today, Tomorrow, and always.
And he loves you.
Cast all of your cares on Him….
and believe Sherrelle

mrs durr

posted July 21, 2008 at 9:45 am

I am constantly praying for the Wright family.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Healer, Healer, Healer
May God bless and comfort you all always.

Tracey Christmas

posted July 21, 2008 at 10:07 am

Our prayers is with the Wright Family as you go through this difficult time.

minister dexter, mccamery

posted July 21, 2008 at 2:02 pm

on behalf of our pastor apostle thomas mccamery and the bible crusade family,we are praying for you and wish for a speed recovery, truly there is nothing to hard for God. Pastor wright thank you for your help in guilding me and teaching me how to properly play the organ, your teaching still lives in me today…….. im praying that GOD WILL GIVE YOU direct miricle.

pastor and sis jan

posted July 21, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Our prayers are with you,the entire Wright family along with GTCC. Remember their’s nothing too hard for our God. He is in control. We are only here for a season, this is not our home, we are just passing thur.Everyone know your love ones will truely be missed by all they came in contact with.And to Rev.Timothy Wright my heart ache for you. Though I walk in the mist of trouble, you preserve my life;you stretch out your hand against the anger of my enemy,with your RIGHT hand you save me.Psalma138:7 The Lord God have use you so many times to minister in music and in song to a mulitude of people. You have hepled me through some really hard times, and for that I thank God for you and your ministry. My God’s peace be with you all and keep you all.
prayerfully your sister in Christ

Anonymous

posted July 21, 2008 at 3:16 pm

TRIUNE BAPTIST CHURCH
P.O. Box 3107
East Hampton, New York 11937
Rev. Henry Faison, Jr., Pastor
(631)-885-1594
Dea. Dexter Grady, Chairman, Board of Deacons
Mary M. Grady, Church Clerk
Trus. Michael Mackey, Chairman, Board of Trustees
July 21, 2008
To The Family of the Late Betty Wright and Daniel Wright Jr.,
In our times of loss, we can sometimes find ourselves overwhelmed with feelings of confusion and sorrow. Hopelessness and despair may well up in our hearts, and it can seem as though comfort is beyond our reach, but as Jesus Christ tells us, “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.”
The Triune Baptist Family wants to assure you that you will be in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time, and we know the same God who has helped you with past trials will be ever present during this one as well.
With our deepest sympathy,
Rev. Henry Faison, Jr., Pastor
Triune Baptist Church
East Hampton, New York
Remember, “To live is Christ, to die is gain; Betty and DJ are absent from the body, but present with the Lord.”

Cynthia Jefferson

posted July 21, 2008 at 4:51 pm

My prayers are with you during your time of sorrow.

Pastor Thomas Fowler & First Lady Fowler

posted July 22, 2008 at 10:56 am

Smyrna Church of Christ of the Apostolic Faith, Inc.
Reidsville, North Carolina
To the Family of the Late Betty Wright and Daniel Wright, Jr.,
Our hearts are heavy for you. We believe that God will sustain the family at this difficult time. I believe that God does not make a mistake so that comforts the believers heart that God is control and he loves his children.
WE are praying for the family and Church family.

Anonymous

posted July 22, 2008 at 1:43 pm

As an atheist, I would like to know why your god, who is supposedly all powerful, all knowing and all good, let this accident happen in the first place. If God loved them so much, this would have never happened.
There ain’t no God and as soon as African-Americans, in particular, stopped believing in fairytales, the better off we’ll be.
An invisible man who lives in the sky? Who watches everything you say and do?
Oh, and there is no afterlife either. It is indeed sad what happened to this family, but thinking that there’s life after physical death of the body is sheer effing ignorance. We need to let the yoke go of the former slave masters’ religion.
Our African ancestors practiced traditional religions … and worshipped the “Gods”. That was b.s. and so is Christianity. I think for a lot of people, particularly ministers, it ain’t nothing but a hustle anyway.

Evangelist Debra Mc Call Of Raleigh NC

posted July 22, 2008 at 4:58 pm

My prayers go out to the family and my dear brother in Christ, The Rev. We never know when tragerdies will hit home. I was grace with his present when he song that famous song JESUS,JESUS,JESUS at the homegoing service of my Pastor. Joesph I Thomas at Church On The Hill COGIC. We will miss our Sister Betty graceful smile and humbleness.

Stephanie Sampson

posted July 22, 2008 at 5:53 pm

My thoughts and constant prayers are with all of you, during this time. May the church family and Rev. Wright’s family be strong. Words cannot express my sympathy. I will be saying a prayer for all of you for a very long time. God Bless. Sis. Stephanie, Shorter, Alabama

Anonymous

posted July 22, 2008 at 9:56 pm

Dear Anonymous,
In the end every knee shall bow & every tongue shall confess that he is LORD. Even you.
Sister Carolyn M. Chase
Owings Mills, MD 21117

Shelia

posted July 23, 2008 at 8:58 am

Amen, Sister Chase, and May GOD bless the entire Wright Family!!!!!!!!!

Takeisha Laws

posted July 23, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Greetings in the Name of the Lord We The Wren family have the prays of the righteous up for the Wright Family and The Church Family
Be Blessed!!!!

Minister Earl Ralph and Missionary Jackie Ralph

posted July 23, 2008 at 7:22 pm

All things work together for the good of them that love God and are called according to his purpose.You the family along with the church family are in our thoughts and prayers.Remember that weeping only endure but a night but joy cometh in the morning.We have been following the progression of Rev Wright and we’re believing God for total recovery and that no weapon that has formed against him shall prosper.Let’s all ban our forces together and pray for the same things get with one accord and I believe that God will answer our prayers and wrought a miracle on the Wright family along with the church family
The Ralph Family

Evangelist debra martin

posted July 23, 2008 at 7:46 pm

May The God we serve be with you God said he would never leave you are forsake you. I know you cant see it right now. But look to the hills from with cover your help. And he will see you through .I just got the news . I have leason to your music for years and when we sing we dont no the words we sing comes back to us and we have to sing to ourself first so i am praying for you

Anonymous

posted July 23, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Heavenly,Father I thank you that we have you,to understand and sympathize and know our true hearts without us saying word.I ask you Lord to comfort Rev.Wright, Family and friends weaknesses and grief over the loss of their Beloved. IN Jesus name,Thank You Father.Sis Rocker & family,

Sis. Marie Safi

posted July 23, 2008 at 11:44 pm

The Lord will streghten and comfort the family during the time of bereavement. I know it sounds redundant but God will never leave us nor forsake us especially during our tough trials.

PORSHA THREATT

posted July 24, 2008 at 5:41 am

ON BEHALF OF THE CLARK-THREATT FAMILY AND THE BURDEN FOR SOULS HOLINESS CHURCH FAMILY WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT OUR HEARTS ARE DEEPLY SADEN BY THIS TRAGEDY. WE LOVE THE WHOLE WRIGHT FAMILY. THOUGH WE NEVER MET WE ARE ALL SISTERS AND BROTHERS THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. AND WE PRAY THAT THE PEACE OF GOD WHICH PASSETH ALL UNDERSTANDING WILL KEEP YOUR HEARTS AND MIND THROUGH CHRIST JESUS.WHATSOEVER THINGS THAT ARE JUST, LOVELY, HONEST, TRUE, AND OF GOOD REPORT AND THE BIBLE SAYS “IF THERE BE ANY VIRTURE AND ANY PRAISE THINK ON THESE THINGS. WE LOVE YOU!!!! BE ENCOURAGE!

LadyNita

posted July 24, 2008 at 6:19 pm

WE are praying for the family. Weeping may endure for the night but.joy is coming in the morning. Be encourage.

MARIE

posted July 25, 2008 at 6:34 pm

MAY THE GOD OF PEACE COMFORT REV. TIMOTHY WRIGHT AND HIS ENTIRE FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

Minnie Myrick

posted July 25, 2008 at 8:43 pm

The Revend , Still remains on my mind. I pray that the LORD strengthens him everyday.
With Deepest Concern ,

Minnie Myrick

posted July 25, 2008 at 10:26 pm

May the Family continue to hold on to GOD’S unchanging hand. The storms /The rain don’t last always, their is a sun wating at the end of the rainbow. and behind that rainbow is JESUS , JESUS, JESUS holding hands with Sis. Wright and DJ, I see them smiling down on all their many loved ones.
Keep your heads held high
From: Sis. Minnie Myrick ….. Forsyth, Georgia

Mr.& Mrs. Melvin Joseph Jr.

posted July 26, 2008 at 2:18 pm

We are praying for The Wright family. God will see you through this.He is the God of all comfort

REV S BROWN

posted July 26, 2008 at 2:52 pm

WE ARE TRULY KEEPING THE WRIGHT FAMILY, PASTOR AND CONGREGAATION IN OUR PRAYERS. I BELIEVE THAT THE WORLD WAS AND IS TRULY BLESSED FOR HAVING EXPERIENCED YOUR PRESENCE, REV. BETTY WRIGHT AND YOUNG DJ, THROUGH THE GOSPEL AND SONG AND PRAISE.
GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

Jeffery & Norma McCloud

posted July 27, 2008 at 8:26 am

God has a time for everything and this is a time to cry,mourn and celebrate. YOur family has proven God to be true. Your strength and faith through this whole this has been amazing. Some would say through all of this one should be in a psych ward or somewhere doing drugs or drinking to hide pain,but you guys are standing and still have a voice for the Lord.
You don’t know how many people you’ve touch just by the way you are speaking your faith. Too God be the Glory.
I’ve sang in the same service as your dad in Detroit some years ago for the James Cleveland Workshop. Our prayers will always be with you and your family. Rev. Wright I know The God we serve will bring you through because you have alot more living to do.
God bless and One day at a time is going to bring you all the way out. always remember it’s ok to cry, it’s ok to mourn your lost,it’s also very healthy.
Stay strong Wright family and stay together.

WONDERFUL NEAL

posted July 27, 2008 at 6:16 pm

I am a strong member of THE COGIC FAITH and I know thru it all this family knows how to lean and depend on JESUS and know he makes no mistake.To whomever read this remeber no man knoweth the day or the hour.Be ready and lets meet these love ones in HEAVEN.Be encouraged

Dr. R. J. Anderson

posted July 28, 2008 at 12:20 am

May Our God continue to Blessing Pastor Wright, as he recovers from the accident, and his devasting loss of his wife and grandson. Their music has been a TRUE BLESSING in my life. Many of their selections I have taught my choir. May God soon bring Pastor Wright back to us so that he can continue to bless us with those glorious songs. GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU

Deborah Richardson Bronx, NY

posted July 28, 2008 at 2:49 am

I pray your strength in the Lord. I too am truly amazed and in aw of the strength and continued faith your family is showing in these trying time. God will take care of you. As believers, we know He makes no mistakes and remember “the will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.” The Lord is my shepard …. bless you all and I will continue to pray Rev. Wright as well as the rest of the family’s recovery from this tragic loss.

Huntley Family

posted July 28, 2008 at 10:31 am

You are in our prayers.

Missionary Carrie Hull-Chandler

posted July 28, 2008 at 2:23 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Rev. Timothy Wright and his family. I grieve for your loss and rejoice that your loved ones are in the hands of The Heavenly Father. I have been in the C.O.G.I.C. all my life, and as a representative from my church in Auburn,Maine May the Lord be your strength and comfort always.

Anonymous

posted July 28, 2008 at 7:43 pm

Deacon Willie Leach and family and the Armour of God Church where the fine pastor is Elder James Leach 4204 Ridgewood Ave Baltimore MD 21215 We are praying for Rev Thimothy Wright and family

Angela Madison

posted July 29, 2008 at 12:29 pm

Indeed Evangelist Wright lived a Raptured Ready life as her son stated. She will be missed greatly. It is our prayer that the Wright and Grace Tabernacle Family will continue to seek God and stay united during this time. We celebrate the elevation of two dear hearts into God’s Kingdom. Danny, Donny, David, Derrick and Dwayne we Love you here at the Temple. God Bless you Pastor Wright, we know you are on the Lord’s side and just know the Lord is standing up now on YOUR Side and bringing healing to your body. Many prayers and blessings.
Love you and your family…
Sista Angela Madison
Washington Temple COGIC

Anonymous

posted July 29, 2008 at 12:51 pm

I AM PRAYING THAT THE STRENTH OF JESUS BE YOUR COMFORT AT THIS TIME.THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FOR OUR GOD,HE’S ABLE TO SEE YOU THROUGH.

Sis. Carol Robinson

posted July 29, 2008 at 7:09 pm

I AM PRAYING FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY THAT GOD GIVE U ALL THE STRENGTH TO CONTINUE TO GO ON.GOD IS GOING TO WORK MIRACLE ON REV.TIMOTHY WRIGHT NOT LONG FROM NOW JUST BELIEVE AND KEEP THE FAITH IN JESUS NAME,GOD BLESS.

God's Minstrel

posted July 29, 2008 at 10:30 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Wright family on today.
We drove quite a distance on Sunday afternoon to offer our condolences only to be turned away by two power zealous “guards” on the door when we arrived.
Due to the magnitude of this tragedy, it should have been expected that folks were coming from far and wide. This tragedy affected everyone who loves the Wright family worldwide. The rudeness of these church members even in the midst of this tragedy is unacceptable.
While everyone’s hearts are heavy, I pray that another tragedy doesn’t take place and these two individuals are placed in charge of “public relations”. A title that neither one of them deserved to have on that day.
I even asked if I could just look from the door for 30 seconds and go back out. I just kept getting, “Washington Temple, tomorrow morning”. I was not rude nor demanding, but the power struck guards should have never been given that position.
We have been fellowshiping with the Wright’s for years and consider them FRIENDS. How dare we be turned away. One might say that I am venting, but Sunday afternoon was not the time for me to vent with emotions so raw. But to say that I am upset is an understatement. Had Rev. Wright been able to be in the sanctuary on Sunday afternoon, he would have NEVER turned away people in that manner.
I really hope the two guards on the door will read this and really consider their ways. There were about 100 people talking about your behavior at least.
The web site said 12:00 UNTIL…. We got there a little after 6:00 and was told it’s over. On Sunday, everyone is attending church and everyone is traveling a distance. Why was this not considered. I NEVER got a chance to say goodbye to First Lady or DJ.
I am so upset I don’t know what to do. Based on where I live and had to travel, I could not RETRAVEL back to Brooklyn the next day. As expensive as gas is, tolls, the rough New York traffic and circling the block 4 times to find a parking space…we could have been let in for at least 30 seconds.
The “guards/church members” should have had the common sense to know that MULTITUDES were coming and that was a Sunday. In order to get to Washington Temple the next day, we would have had to leave our homes at 3:00 A.M., and still wouldn’t have been guaranteed an opportunity to get in. The folks that truly love Rev. Wright and the family will love them forever.
Sleep on Co-Pastor and DJ and take your rest. God only takes the best.

Angie

posted July 30, 2008 at 12:17 pm

I agree with the statement of God’s Minstrel. The Guards were rude and this behavior didn’t speak well of Rev or CO-Pastor Wright. They were very abrupt. I explained that I had traveled far, and given the situation, the long lines, it would have been right for everyone to have an opportunity to say farewell. The two guards were mean and nasty to me in the presence of my minor daughter and that was not fair. If we are Christians like we say we are then we need to show brotherly love. I even asked if I could just look from the door I just kept getting, “Washington Temple, tomorrow morning”. I hope they read this, and I say to the two guards your actions are the most important and I know Pastor doesn’t teach this. You need to Repent for embarrasing your leader.

Joanne Brokaw

posted July 30, 2008 at 12:42 pm

To God’s Minstrel and Angie:
I’m sure the family appreciates the long drives and expense you had to incur to attend the viewing, and I am sorry that you weren’t able to get in.
According to news reports today, the church was at maximum capacity and there was an actual service, with speakers like Rev. Al Sharpton, so it’s possible that by the time you arrived, the service was over and the bodies moved to the funeral home. I’m just guessing.
I hope you won’t hold that against them – I wasn’t there but I can imagine that it was an exhausting and emotionally draining day for the family and for the people volunteering to manage the crowds.
Perhaps you could send a card of condolences to the family? I’m sure they’d appreciate that.
The address is here:
God bless,
Joanne Brokaw
host of the Gospel SoundCheck blog

evangelist debra martin

posted July 30, 2008 at 12:45 pm

May the Lord Richely Bless You All is my Prayer! I’ve lost mother,father,2 brothers neice nephew and grandmother grandfather But never a child so i can’t tell you how you feel But i do Stand on The Word of God and I know he has and Will see you through! Just Trust and Lean on Him In all your ways Just trust Him I did’ent know why God Took my Mother at an earley age But when my brother got killed I seen why my Mother went first God knew she would not have been able to bare it it was her baby boy (Wow) see God know what he is doing. The same thing with my Other brother he took my Father first (wow) My Dad could not have took that. So what i’m trying to say is God knows whats best. may the Lord Bless you and Keep You Is My Prayer Your sister in Christ Evangelist Debra Martin

God's Minstrel

posted July 30, 2008 at 11:05 pm

Dear Joanne,
Thank you for your concern, but the sanctuary was empty except for the family. The bodies were still in the sanctuary and I could only see the open lids from the door. I even asked if I could stand in the hallway and view from behind the door, just to have a sense of having had a chance to say good-bye. I was so upset Sunday I didn’t know what to do. The family does not have to be present for a viewing, however, I do respect the family to the highest and I really believe that the “guards” (a very rude gentleman and an usher in white)at the door took a position they really shouldn’t have had.
Granted, I have known Rev. Wright for several years and everyone coming out of the sanctuary knew me. I wasn’t asking for a special favor, but COMMON sense should have told these guards that people were coming from far and wide. To have a continual moving line would have been acceptable as well. Even if the family had to leave, everyone would have understood. How dare you turn people away in that manner.
Again, Rev. Timothy Wright does not behave in this manner and this was clearly the pure actions of folks trying to steal their 15 minutes of fame. If it weren’t for my respect of the family, I wouldn’t have had a problem asserting my authority and gaining entrance through the family.
Thankfully, Rev. Wright’s son did come out and was talking to various people on the street. That was the ONLY consolation we had on that day and we had a sense of closeness by being able to see him and reach out to him.
You two guards should be ashamed of yourselves. May God help the both of you.

Joanne Brokaw

posted July 31, 2008 at 9:23 am

God’s Minstrel,
Again, please understand I sympathize with your frustration, but I would encourage you to perhaps take a step back and remember that this was a memorial service for two people who have died and not a party to which you were invited and then denied access.
In situations like this, it is important to remember that the family who lost their loved ones are – rightly so – not thinking about you or your feelings, and our responsibility is to want what is best for them, even if it means we don’t get what we want.
That one of the sons came out to greet people in the street shows the family was concerned and grateful for the people who came but could not get in. Please remember the day was not about you.
Joanne
host of the Gospel SoundCheck

Tasha

posted July 31, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I can totally understand both sides of this but in most cases the for viewing, even if the family wasn’t there. So keep in mind that it does get very expensive when you try to accomodate a large crowd and you have a budget. So you have to cut cost and that is one way to do that. Now if the caskets were going be closed all night and the church was going to have volunteers stand around the clock then that wouldn’t have costed them anything but if the casket is open you are on the clock.

El Branch

posted August 1, 2008 at 10:36 am

To Rev Wright and family. You have my deepest sympathy in this your time of beavrement. This is when the word takes effect. Be bless in the Lord and stay encourage.
This is from an old friend from Baltimore.

Anonymous

posted August 2, 2008 at 4:27 pm

I WAS SO SADDENED TO HEAR ABOUT THE WRIGHT FANILY. I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY CONNECTING TO THE MY SPACE WEB PAGE FOR THE WRIGHT’S.PLEASE LET LAURIE AND AND DAVID KNOW I AM A RN AND WOULD NOT MIND VOLUNTERRING ANY HELP TO MINISTER WRIGHT OR FAMILY.MY EMAIL IS SAITHE@BELLSOUTH.NET.IT IS SO SADENED TO HEAR THAT IT IS A FINICAL HARDSHIP,BUT THE ECONONOMY IS DRASTIC TO EVERYONE,BUT I AM WILLING TO VOLUNTEER AND PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFO IF CONTACTED WHICH MAY HELP.MY BEST REGUARDS AND PRAYERS TO ALL.
LESHEY

God's Child

posted August 4, 2008 at 3:02 pm

Please keep in mind that Mrs. Wright and grandson is sleeping with God now, and it’s not important whether you was able to see them or not, because they wouldn’t of known of your presents anyway. This was a time for the family to have their last moments with them in private, just pray for those rude door keepers, they could have been a little more kinder.
God’s Child

Rev, Gloria Briscoe

posted August 5, 2008 at 5:03 pm

May the God that we serve continue to keep you and your family covered by His blood.

christopher curtis

posted August 13, 2008 at 7:45 pm

to our Godfather Rev.Timothy Wright and familey hold on to the FAITH there is LIFE IN JESUS iI feel ur paine and stand in the gap with not just for u but with keep looking up its just JESUS JESUS JESUS Ilove U ALL Yours IN Christ Christopher curtis

Chelsea A.

posted August 13, 2008 at 11:33 pm

Prayin that you all get through this difficult time and let God heal your broken hearts over your lost. God Bless

arlene grant

posted August 18, 2008 at 1:10 pm

To the Wright Family so sorry to have heard of the lost of Rev,Wright beloved wife and grandson but we may not understand,but God knows it all and he do things on his time remember all those singing and praying for others in there time of need ask god to sustain you in his will to hold you up now more that ever because this is your test to see if for the rest of your life are you going to serve the lord thru heartaches amd pain will you sontinue to hold thru trials and thru death are you willing to continue to do God;s will itls God;s will not will but thy will be done it;s God will but he will take you thru it the word of god says yeah thou i walk thru the valley so God is going to take thru he promise to never leave us nor forsake us to the sons god bless you and do the best you can and take care of your father and god will see you thru he will put no more on you than you can bear. Be encourage and hold on to gods unchanging hand. i know you may not knoe me but the spirit knows the spirit and i felt that i need to send this note to you and your family be encourage and hold god will make everything alright.
God bless you
A Sister and Fan of you music

Elder Kare Jones

posted September 4, 2008 at 4:35 pm

May Our God Bless and Heal you in this time. We may not understand everything that God allows to happen but just know that He has it all in control. I was so sorry to here of your lost but REMEMBER!!!! To be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord Your beloved Wife and grandson are in a place that we Preacher preach about they are with Jesus resting in his care. In the words of one of your songs that really brought me though some difficult times ( Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Healer, Healer, Healer,Savior, Savior, Savior, ) One thing that I added to it was You Can Call Him, Call Him, Call Him!!!!
God Bless Pastor,
Elder Karen From (Georgia)

Funeral services

posted April 19, 2010 at 8:56 am

I hope the funeral service goes well, there should be quite a few attending

Teresa Moore

posted May 5, 2011 at 4:51 am

I am so sad I didn’t know that she had past. I have loved her from as far as I could remember. It is strange when you are going through your personal pain, its as though you lost yourself. May god bless all that she was and is. Teresa my sorrow to the family.