Good News

Good News

Amazing Grace: The Two-Legged Kitten

posted by agreyson

PLEASE hit the “Like” button above to share the Good News and add http://blog.beliefnet.com/goodnews to your favorites. New stories every day!

Amazing Grace Kitten Everything in the media emphasizes the strive for perfection. Do you have the perfect car? The perfect husband? The perfect body? Gracie the kitten, short for her full name “Amazing Grace,” is anything but perfect in the eyes of the world. She was born without front legs. But in her own mind, she IS perfect. She lives a perfect life and enjoys a perfect love with her owner. She’s learned to stand like a kangaroo and hop like a bunny, her perfect way to get around. The lesson from Gracie is that it’s up to us to define perfection. What a great lesson from a sweet little animal.

YouTube Preview Image

Love pets? Check out these related Beliefnet features:

Woman beats IRS, animal caretakers REJOICE!

Dog saves abandoned baby!

Dog makes it back home on two broken legs after tornado carries him miles away!

Life Lessons from Our Dogs

Inspirational Quotes About Dogs

Quiz: The Spirituality of Dogs

kjackson

posted July 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I certainly enjoyed this! Thank you for posting it. When my husband and I were newly married we rescued a little kitten who was missing a front leg, had no tail (manx), was obese, and had leukemia! ;) “Mueshka” lived a very good five years in our home, spoiled and treated like royalty. I also blog for beliefnet.com. Check out “My Happy Place” for more good-news kind of stories…most about animals.

Cal

posted August 29, 2011 at 1:55 pm

MY SISTER RECUED A NEW BORN BABY CAT AS SHE WAS NOT WANTED AND DUMP OUT TO DIE. SHE TOOK HER HOME AND CARED FOR HER. THE BABY HAD THREE LEGS ONLY. SHE NAMED IT “SURVIVER”

Cindy

posted September 2, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I absolutely love this story! Having a blind and deaf dog, I can certainly attest to the joy that less than perfect pets can bring us – not to mention the inspiration they provide.

Jerrie Rimas

posted September 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Ahhh! She is so cute! I rescuded a Tri-Pod Red-Tabby, named him Tommee and he gets around like he has 4 legs. Only thing is that when a fight is coming on he can’t get up as fast. I also, sponsor a Bengal @ the wildcatsanctuary in Sandstone, MN. Name is Sir Spartucus (Sparta)who has no back legs and Tammy keeps him around because he is still healthy. He was born that way. So I wanted to help him. Animals-They Leave Paws on Our Hearts.
Jerrie

Jenn

posted September 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm

OMG, She is sooo cute. Her people are angels, and are lucky to have their own little piece of Heaven. =)

Michael T Smith

posted September 2, 2011 at 5:07 pm

That is wonderful. What a beautiful little kitten. Bless them for giving her a home, although I think Gracie will bless them more.

mary

posted September 2, 2011 at 6:12 pm

awwwww what a sweet little kitten. i would have adopted her in a heartbeat <3

Maria

posted September 2, 2011 at 8:56 pm

just amazing… thank you for posting this so we all can also enjoy Gracie. All of my animals are also rescues, I think you and your family are wonderful for the second chance you have given this precious kitten…

ALICIA ALVARADO

posted September 3, 2011 at 1:11 am

Awesome story and very inspirational. Thank you!!

Shirley Doyle

posted September 3, 2011 at 10:50 am

Thank you for bringing little Gracie to our attention. What a blessing this little baby is to anyone who has a heart for animals. We have our own little Gracie (grey also) who was dropped off at our home
one year ago and joined our pack of 3 other cats & 2 dogs, all dropoffs…

amy

posted September 3, 2011 at 2:28 pm

It looks like Gracie will have a long ,happy life thanks to your taking her home.Years ago, I had a mama chihuahua that gave birth to 2 puppies.The male puppy was perfect but the little girl had nubs for her front legs,like your kitty.My family wanted me to put the little girl to sleep saying that it was cruel for me to keep her because she would never be normal.I just could not look into her sweet face and have this done. I finally told my family that if she could not walk, I would take her where she needed to go, I would be her legs.My baby girl gave me 16 years of happiness and I never once regretted my decision to keep her. She broke all the rules. Her back legs were very strong. She could jump up in her chair and she also walked up and down three steps to go out in the back yard. It takes more people like you to see beyond the disabilities of an animal and make an effort to help them. Thank you for your video of Amazing Grace, I really enjoyed it.

Maria I. Cape

posted September 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I have a dog named muffy who like Gracie is also missing her front legs. She is as normal as can be ! She is a warrior and fends for herself from her brothers as you can not imagine.When she was born, we didn’t know what to do. Some people suggested we should put her to sleep, I could not find it in me to take this decision and boy are we glad we didn’t!

Marlene Emmett

posted September 5, 2011 at 1:30 am

Gracie has just made me smile.
She’s too cute for words.
And she’s perfect.

James Graham

posted September 5, 2011 at 10:24 am

We could all learn from this church and this Deacon!

God’s Blessings

Subj: Fw: The Living Bible

Now this is
the Living Bible:

His name is Bill. He has wild hair, wears a T-shirt with holes in it,jeans, and no shoes.
This was literally his wardrobe for his entire
four years of college.

He is brilliant. Kind of profound and very, very bright. He became a Christian while attending college.

Across the street from the campus is a well-dressed, very conservative church. They want to develop a ministry to the students but are not
sure how to go about it.

One day Bill decides to go there. He walks in with no shoes, jeans, hisT-shirt, and wild hair. The service has already started and so Bill starts down the aisle looking for a seat.

The church is completely packed and he can’t find a seat. By now, people are really looking a bit uncomfortable, but no one says anything.

Bill gets closer and closer and closer to the pulpit, and when he realizes there are no seats, he just squats down right on the carpet.

By now the people are really uptight, and the tension in the air is thick.

About this time, the minister realizes that from way at the back of the church, a deacon is slowly making his way toward Bill.

Now the deacon is in his eighties, has silver-gray hair, and a three-piece suit.. A godly man, very elegant, very dignified, very courtly. He walks with a cane and, as he starts walking toward this boy, everyone is saying to themselves that you can’t blame him for what
he’s going to do.

How can you expect a man of his age and of his background to understand some college kid on the floor?

It takes a long time for the man to reach the boy.
The church is utterly silent except for the clicking of the man’s cane.
All eyes are focused on him.. You can’t even hear anyone breathing. The minister can’t even preach the sermon until the deacon does what he has to do.

And now they see this elderly man drop his cane on the floor. With great difficulty, he lowers himself and sits down next to Bill and worships with him so he won’t be alone.

Everyone chokes up with emotion.
When the minister gains control, he says,
‘What I’m about to preach, you will never remember. What you have just seen, you will never forget.’

‘Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some people will ever read!’

HTCM USN James Graham

posted September 5, 2011 at 10:32 am

LAUS DEO,Do you know what it means? One detail that is never mentioned is that in Washington , D.C. There can never be a building of greater height than the Washington Monument. With all the uproar about removing the ten commandments, etc., this is worth a moment or two of your time. I was not aware of this amazing historical information.On the aluminum cap, atop the Washington Monument in Washington , D.C. , are displayed two words:
Laus Deo.No one can see these words. In fact, most visitors to the monument are totally unaware they are even there and for that matter, probably couldn’t care less. Once you know Laus Deo’s history , you will want to share this with everyone you know. These words have been there for many years; they are 555 feet, 5.125 inches high, perched atop the monument, facing skyward to the Father of our nation, overlooking the 69 square miles which comprise the District of Columbia, capital of the United States of America.

Laus Deo! Two seemingly insignificant, unnoticed words. Out of sight and, one might think, out of mind, but very meaningfully placed at the highest point over what is the most powerful city in the most successful nation in the world.So, what do those two words, in Latin, composed of just four syllables and only seven letters, possibly mean? Very simply, they say ‘Praise be to God!’Though construction of this giant obelisk began in 1848, when James Polk was President of the United States , it was not until 1888 that the monument was inaugurated and opened to the public. It took twenty-five years to finally cap the memorial with a tribute to the Father of our nation, Laus Deo ‘Praise be to God!’From atop this magnificent granite and marble structure, visitors may take in the beautiful panoramic view of the city with its division into four major segments. From that vantage point, one can also easily see the original plan of the designer, Pierre Charles l’Enfant ….. a perfect cross imposed upon the landscape, with the White House to the north. The Jefferson Memorial is to the south, the Capitol to the east and the Lincoln Memorial to the west. A cross you ask? Why a cross? What about separation of church and state? Yes, a cross; separation of church and state was not, is not, in the Constitution. So, read on. How interesting and, no doubt, intended to carry a profound meaning for those who bother to notice. When the cornerstone of the Washington Monument was laid on July 4th, 1848 deposited within it were many items including the Holy Bible presented by the Bible Society. Praise be to God! Such was the discipline, the moral direction, and the spiritual mood given by the founder and first President of our unique democracy ‘One Nation, Under God.’I am awed by George Washington’s prayer for America …. Have you ever read it? Well, now is your unique opportunity, so read on!’ Almighty God; We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.’ Laus Deo!

It is hoped you will send this to every child you know; to every sister, brother, father, mother or friend. They will not find offense, because you have given them a lesson in history that they probably never learned in school. With that, be not ashamed, or afraid, but have pity on those who will never see this because someone failed to send it on.

motherwolf

posted September 6, 2011 at 1:40 am

” I KNOW animals like this! Sweet and so strong! My Scooter was born with stumps for back legs! And he is a survivor, and has never ever known that he haswhat most of us call a handicap! THINK about how many HUMAN BEINGS are born the same ways! They are just as courageous and indominateable as these sweet lower creatures! Gracie is great, as all of us are!Thank God, for people like her humans who take the time and love to spend on her. We should all do the same for EVERYONE around us!”

Jeanie Kelley

posted October 4, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I just want to say that this kitten is adorable and the family needs to be commended for taking her in and loving her and not looking at her disability. She is Amazing!

Kathy Jones

posted October 4, 2011 at 11:40 pm

This is so cute, lol!!!!

Frankie

posted October 5, 2011 at 12:19 am

What a loving family to take in such a beautiful gift of love from above. The lady sounds so sweet and appreciating to have such an amazing soul in her life. God Bless. every evening I pray for all the abandoned and abused animals and hungry and less fortunate. I always carry dry food and canned with me. God Bless the homeless who are taking care of the homeless pets.

kim turk

posted October 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I love this kitty!!! I di the same for my little kitty T.O. who has since passed. My little T.O.was a pure bread flame point siamese kitty who was born with one eye! She was going to be put to sleep because of this! I said No way and I adopted her at 6 wks old!! She was the sweetest, smartest kitty I ever had! You would never know she had one eye!! She was always by my side and she always climbed up on my shoulders and gave me kissy’s! She chased my oldr cats and my dog all over the house!!! And my son taught her to fetch rolled paper and bring it back to us!!! I could go on and on about my little T.O. You will never regret adopting a special needs animal!! RIP T.O. miss you and love you!

Darlene Jackson

posted October 6, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Oh what a blessing this little kitten is!!! I just love her!!! It reminds me of my cats I use to have that I miss so very much!!! To the family who has this Amazing little Gracie…lover her everyday that you have with her, like there is no tomorrow, because time is so precious when you have a pet to love!!!!

abercrombie and fitch

posted November 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm

joe t

posted March 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm

this kitten is amazing.from what i see what we consider a disability she considers it normal.this little gracie is an inspiration to us all.her playing around the way she does shows just how happy she is.may the family who adopted her have many many years of wonderful times with her.god bless gracie and family.

Brenda Hering

posted May 17, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Just saw the message update by the owners from Jan of 2012 – please post a video of this wonderful little girl – she truly is Amazing.
I have two rescues – sisters. And they are also Amazing !!!