Good News

Good News

Football Pro Steps in as Prom Date for Girl Suffering From Spina Bifida

posted by agreyson

PLEASE hit the “Like” button above to share the Good News and add http://blog.beliefnet.com/goodnews to your favorites. New stories every day!

JT Thomas Chicago Bears Prom DateChicago Bears rookie J.T. Thomas is known in the NFL as a “great guy.” He has an autistic brother in middle school that he often takes to his school bus stop in the morning. One such morning, J.T. ran into Joslyn Levell, a talkative 8th grader who suffers from Spina Bifida. Something appeared to be bothering her so Thomas inquired. Joslyn shared that she didn’t have a date to the prom and began to tear up as she described how cruel the kids at school can be. Thomas gave her a hug and assured her that everything would be OK.

She boarded her bus with his brother and that’s when the gentle giant went to work. He first cleared it with the school, then Joslyn’s family, then he asked Joslyn if he could be her date. She obliged and told some of the boys who snubbed her that her date for the prom would be a Chicago Bear. They scoffed.

Ultimately Joslyn got the last laugh though as she and her date were the hit of the prom. It’s so incredibly refreshing to hear about a young athlete going the extra mile to be a blessing to others.

Check out these other inspiring features:

Top 15 Football Miracles

10 Ways Football Can Help You Achieve Your Dreams

Inspiring Sports Quotes

Cookie

posted May 29, 2011 at 7:59 am

What a great story. I am so happy for her!!!

Diana

posted June 3, 2011 at 10:42 am

OMG!!!How wonderful that I wake up to this story!!What a guy!!What a gal!!Just makes me LOVE the CHCAGO BEARS even more!!AWESOME!!

ctalley@f-k.com

posted June 3, 2011 at 10:46 am

I am an avid Bears fan and have been for years. This story makes me love “my Bears” even more. So great!

linda wenz

posted June 3, 2011 at 10:53 am

WHAT A STORY,J.T. YOU ARE CATS MEOW!!!!!
I AM A BILLS FAN,BUT I CAN LEAR TO LIKE BEARS.
WHAT A GUY.
LINDA

Belinda

posted June 3, 2011 at 11:27 am

I don’t know football, but I do know a kind heart when I see one or hear about one. This story teared me up. TJ,… what a great person. I know they are preparing a special seat on the right hand side of the thrown just for you. God bless you. I can’t say enough.
A huge hug and kiss just for you.

Gloria C.Willis

posted June 3, 2011 at 11:29 am

This just lets us(the public) know that there are still some people
in this world who think of others and do good things for another person without a second thought.Kudos to this young man.

ladyangel

posted June 3, 2011 at 12:48 pm

J.T. you are a true Hero in my book; keep on with your positive way of life you’ll never be sorry. Joslyn, stay strong J.T. gave you and example of real people caring. I’m happy you had a wonderful time…stay blessed.

mike

posted June 4, 2011 at 12:10 am

I grew up watchin the bears and am a big fan,and i also have spina bifida and makes me feel good that there’s people still out there with kind hearts and that can see past the wheelchair or crutches no matter the disability look at the person as a whole.I walk with crutches but it hasn’t stopped me from what i have achieved so far,Im proud of my achievements as a certified firefighter and fire investigator,no matter what others may think when i do tell them what i have achieved,i get that “is this guy serious” look.I wish others would have an open mind to what “ABILITIES”we have rather then the “DISABILITIES”.

Sheka

posted June 4, 2011 at 8:57 am

This is absolutely wonderful. It goes to show u that the love of God is still @ work. This is the very thing Jesus did when He walked the earth before his cruxifiction. Don’t let this be the only love u hear or see, how about showing ur love as well. God wants us to love our neighbors as ourselves.

Walt

posted June 17, 2011 at 7:29 am

What a thoughtful, class guy. A great example for all, particularly for young men who many times don’t know the proper way to act towards women and even in society at large. I am a Steelers fan but………maybe there could be a trade in the future…..we could use a man like J.T. Thanks for showing us that mature, good men still exist in professional sports.

Diane

posted June 28, 2011 at 9:31 pm

During a time when negative stories about professional athletes clog our news wires, it is refreshing to see a positive story. This tale touches me as a mother, a special education teacher and as a caring human being. May this inspire others to extend a genuine, helpful hand.

Pingback: Kansas City Chiefs star saves drowning 6 year old - Good News

Pingback: Fueled by Faith, NFL Pro Bowler Uses Fame to Help Others - Good News

abercrombie and fitch

posted November 6, 2011 at 10:11 pm

This just lets us(the public) know that there are still some people

Happiness Happens Month
When anyone finds out that I’m the founder of the Secret Society of Happy People, inevitably, I get one of two responses. The optimist can’t help but grin and often says, “How do I join?” The pessimist can’t help but get that frozen look on their face that poses the question, “Are you on

posted 10:02:28am Aug. 08, 2012 | read full post »

Canine Summer Olympics 2012
  Cheer for your favorite pup!   [imagebrowser id=2]

posted 8:35:12pm Aug. 02, 2012 | read full post »

Adorable: Baby Pandas Tumbling Down a Slide
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGF6bOi1NfA&t=26s[/youtube] Watch an adorable mosh pit of pandas tumble down a slide!

posted 3:41:41pm Jul. 11, 2012 | read full post »

Two Cute Polar Bear Cubs to Cool Off Your Day
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kdjrhuzrs&t=10s[/youtube]

posted 12:17:08pm Jul. 02, 2012 | read full post »

You Won't Believe This 9 Year-Old's Ping Pong Tricks
Tom Spicer is a 9-year with stunning hand-eye coordination. He does tricks by bouncing ping pong balls - which might sound easy - until you see how he does it! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKbwp1mcK00[/youtube] [caption id="attachment_1379" align="alignright" width="150"] He shoots,

posted 12:01:00pm Jul. 02, 2012 | read full post »