There are lots of different people saying lots of different things, and some of them put us off with their craziness and there are lots of points to argue with them about, but at their best they seem to be acting out of a single profound impulse, which is best described with words like tolerance, compassion, sanity, hope, justice. It is an impulse that has always been part of the human heart, but it seems to be welling up into the world with new power in our age now even as the forces of darkness are welling up with the new power in our age too. That is the bright side, I think, the glad and hopeful side, of what Jesus means by “The time is fulfilled.” He means the time is ripe.
- Frederick Beuchner
Secrets in the Dark: A Life in Sermons
+ Sign up to receive our quote of the day via e-mail
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Why I Work for Immigration Reform (by Patty Kupfer)
- Audio: Jim Wallis on “Value Voters” on The Tavis Smiley Show
- Verse of the Day: ‘peace to the far and the near’
- Daily News Digest (by Duane Shank)
- Voice of the Day: Donders on Jesus’ Approach
- God’s Custodians (by Jim Wallis)
- Slowing the Electric Slide Toward Global Warming (by Ginny Vroblesky)
- Verse of the Day: The Armor of God
- Voice of the Day: Freire on Knowledge
- условия за ипотечен кредит on Jim Wallis: ‘No One Deserves a Tragedy’
- Reliable Money Logger Application for iOS iPhone on Jim Wallis: God Hates Inequality
- best blenders and juicers now in our days the best way to lose weight is juices they clear protect and energize the body now spring coming the best is a juicer on Jim Wallis: God Hates Inequality
- bkjohn on Randy Woodley: Is U.S. Democracy A Failed Experiment?
- Paul Worthington on Verse of the Day: ‘peace to the far and the near’