The Church should proclaim its concept of God, as it has come to know God through Christ, to all people in society, including Muslims and Jews. This should be done unashamedly and uncompromisingly. The Church should insist on what God is really like – not in a spirit of superiority or condescension, but in humility and love. The Church must be conscious of its own failure in not living up to the responsibility of the knowledge of God that it has been given. It has not attained perfection, but still seeks a deeper understanding of God in Christ. It is not so much the Church that possesses the truth; rather, the truth in Christ has possessed the Church.
- Naim Ateek
from Justice, and Only Justice: A Palestinian Theology of Liberation
+ Sign up to receive our quote of the day via e-mail
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Why I Work for Immigration Reform (by Patty Kupfer)
- Audio: Jim Wallis on “Value Voters” on The Tavis Smiley Show
- Verse of the Day: ‘peace to the far and the near’
- Daily News Digest (by Duane Shank)
- Voice of the Day: Donders on Jesus’ Approach
- God’s Custodians (by Jim Wallis)
- Slowing the Electric Slide Toward Global Warming (by Ginny Vroblesky)
- Verse of the Day: The Armor of God
- Voice of the Day: Freire on Knowledge
- условия за ипотечен кредит on Jim Wallis: ‘No One Deserves a Tragedy’
- Reliable Money Logger Application for iOS iPhone on Jim Wallis: God Hates Inequality
- best blenders and juicers now in our days the best way to lose weight is juices they clear protect and energize the body now spring coming the best is a juicer on Jim Wallis: God Hates Inequality
- bkjohn on Randy Woodley: Is U.S. Democracy A Failed Experiment?
- Paul Worthington on Verse of the Day: ‘peace to the far and the near’