Our voices are being heard! Yesterday the House passed a bill to enlarge the State Children’s Health Insurance Program by $47 billion over five years to extend coverage to an additional 5 million children.
The Senate will be debating a similar measure to expand the highly successful program by $35 billion over five years, adding 3 million children. Despite President Bush’s ideologically-driven and mean-spirited threat of a veto, we are approaching a veto-proof majority of 70 votes in the Senate. In order to secure 70 votes we need a continuous barrage of phone calls from faith advocates from across the country adding their voices to a growing chorus that calls for a healthier future for our nation’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
Call your senators today at (877) 367-5235, a free number set up by our friends at PICO National Network. Tell them that people of faith are counting on them to stand up for the millions of uninsured children in the U.S.
Adam Taylor is director of campaigns and organizing for Sojourners/Call to Renewal.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Why I Work for Immigration Reform (by Patty Kupfer)
- Audio: Jim Wallis on “Value Voters” on The Tavis Smiley Show
- Verse of the Day: ‘peace to the far and the near’
- Daily News Digest (by Duane Shank)
- Voice of the Day: Donders on Jesus’ Approach
- God’s Custodians (by Jim Wallis)
- Slowing the Electric Slide Toward Global Warming (by Ginny Vroblesky)
- Verse of the Day: The Armor of God
- Voice of the Day: Freire on Knowledge
- M Joseph on Sister Helen Prejean: On Values Voting
- bench craft company news on The Undocumented Body of Christ /by Tim Kumfer/
- Kristin on The Undocumented Body of Christ /by Tim Kumfer/
- Intense, Reabilitação Neurológica, Fisioterapia, Therasuit, Kinesio Taping, Integração Sensorial, Terapia Ocupacional on Jim Wallis: Dobson and Friends, Outside the Mainstream, Get Personal on Global Warming
- kakoli on Elise Elzinga: Hope from Despair in Cambodia’s Sex Trade