God's Comic

God's Comic

Iron’s are for wussies!

posted by Brad Stine

My favorite jeans have holes in them. Of course everyone’s favorite jeans do. They are the most comfortable and the most stylish. Top name brand jeans actually make the holes for you. They scrape them in various places to create the illusion of natural wear and random ripping. What is most interesting to me is the fact that when I was a kid I used to rip my jeans through actual wear and tear. I used to always get holes in the knees from playing the ways boys do. My mom would eventually throw these away because they were “ruined” not realizing that my destruction would actually make them more valuable in the future. I love the fact that regular males who worked hard or played hard created this worn look naturally and an iconic fashion trend was the result. The torn jean though seems to be the only natural occurring phenomenon that has stood the test of time and have made it wonderfully convenient for the straight man in America. Here is an innovative work we created. Gay men and a handful of women create most fashion design these days yet I don’t believe without straight men this jean look would ever have been birthed. See ordinarily, before they were “in”, a gay guy would never had been caught dead in ripped jeans because growing up they actually cared about their appearance. I wish there were more options for trendy wear based on what would be convenient and natural for the straight man. For example wrinkles have never caught on but if there is one look we need it’s the wrinkled shirt since every single man has a bunch of wrinkled shirts and we really would rather not iron them. If wrinkles became the new norm we men would be in hog heaven, not to mention it would make less work for wives of slovenly men since they wouldn’t have to iron them either. Mustard stains or spaghetti sauce on a white shirt would be a great trend since it has been proven scientifically that it is virtually impossible to eat red sauce or mustard while wearing a white shirt and not get some stain on it as white has a magnetic attraction to these colors and always get spilled on even if wearing a napkin tucked under the collar. It’s one of the laws of nature so why not cash in on it as a new “look”? Plus anything else you spill on yourself would be a bonus and show off your uniqueness. Lastly I think it would be prudent to create the culture where nothing ever went out of style. Something new and innovative would always be welcome but as long as you still have old stuff in your closet, it should be fair game to wear. This “inclusiveness” should bode well for progressives but more importantly allow us guys to never again have to hear the statement only ever uttered by a wife to her husband and never the other way around, namely ”You’re not wearing THAT are you?” The answer should forever more possibly be “ Yep, I’m going with the grass stained tee, the shorts I change the oil in and the duct taped tennis shoes. What are you wearing?”

Dwayne Castle

posted February 8, 2012 at 9:51 am

Excellent article and truth! My wife asked what I was wearing and I told her my old Elmo Tshirt. She said I was too mature to be wearing an Elmo Tshirt. I pointed out the fact that she had tell me that proves she is wrong. I learned why God says submit one to another (conventional wisdom is that she has more fashion sense than I do) But I am holding out that the original straight mans trend will come to hold some validity. Maybe your article is just the catalyst we need.

Don Goldsmith

posted February 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Why is there an apostrophe in the title “Iron’s Are For Wussies?

Dave

posted February 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Imagine if you will. Brad Stine and Glenn Beck in the same room… It would be like a contest to see who was more insanely awesome. I would pay to see that! Mr. Stine if Mr. Beck has not contacted you, you two need to get together just for the pure amounts of amazing this would bring.

Stephen Dearmond

posted February 19, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Brad,

When you come to Victoria in May you will meet the head of the Fly Fishing Ministry who is a man’s man & has a passion for fishing that is beyond most and the ability for woodwork that is awesome. His profession – High Fashion Shoe Design. I think he will change your Stereotype for Fashion Designers. Look forward to seeing you again.

Cindy Jessup

posted March 3, 2012 at 6:46 am

I love torn jeans on men. Makes them show they play hard and had fun. I grew up with 3 older brothers and a neighborhood of mostly boys. They taught me how to play hard and have fun. Brings back good memories. Love it!

Pat

posted March 8, 2012 at 12:23 pm

it’s been an entire month since his last article… I do believe this is the longest break he’s had. :P

nortman

posted March 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Been away from the site for a while. Nice to see that you are still as funny as ever, Brad.

Zach

posted April 6, 2012 at 10:53 am

Iron’s are for wusses…and apostrophes are for possessives and contractions.

Robert Knowles

posted June 21, 2012 at 5:30 am

Very true very true and funny as hell but will say this no self respecting guy has a iron unless he happens to be in the military then he is excused lol

Reexamining Rudolph
I came across a classic Christmas song the other day and after examining the words I have come to realize how easily humans accept ideas at face value without scrutinizing them for philosophical and/or cultural flaws. The song I’m referring to of course is “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”.

posted 7:34:05pm Dec. 18, 2014 | read full post »

Is Thanksgiving too "Commercial"?
During this Thanksgiving Holiday I believe it is important to take a moment to thank God for the little things that often get ignored or neglected in our hectic lives. Lots of football will be watched over Thanksgiving for example, which reminds us to take time and say a little prayer thanking God f

posted 8:32:17am Nov. 24, 2014 | read full post »

What is marriage for?
Hi my friends. With the Holidays once again upon us I think of the gratefulness I have for my wife who has walked with and put up with me for 22 years. That being said I stumbled upon this blog I wrote in Aug of 2009 which is 5 years ago. ( or 12 years ago if you believe in common core math) I

posted 4:11:41pm Nov. 18, 2014 | read full post »

Isn't dead stuff beautiful?
Well fall is finally here and that always brings with it those beautiful colors and symbols that we all cherish and hang on to as a nation. Of course I am referring to blood, corpses and fear. Halloween is right around the corner, I know that because the moment you walk around the corner someone or

posted 5:50:55pm Oct. 30, 2014 | read full post »

Men at work, Women at whine
Did I ever tell you the story about the city of Atlanta taking down the “Men at work” signs from road construction over a complaint by the editor of a feminist magazine that it was discriminatory by not including women? Is nothing too paranoid for the PC-eople? So THAT’S how men have been do

posted 2:46:23pm Sep. 18, 2014 | read full post »