The faith-based pro-Obama PAC Matthew 25 Network has posted its rejoinder to Focus on the Family’s letter from 2012, which looked back on what Focus considers a disastrous Obama first term.Matthew 25 is also out with two Christian radio ads, to air in Michigan, Colorado, Ohio, Missouri, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina. One is aimed directly at evangelicals and features Obama giving Christian testimony and sounding very much like a born again himself:9
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
This blog is no longer updated and is closed for comments. We welcome your comments about politics in our Politics forums.The God-o-Meter (pronounced Gah-DOM-meter) scientifically measures factors such as rate of God-talk, effectiveness—saying God wants a capital gains tax cut doesn't guarantee a high rating—and other top-secret criteria (Actually, the adjustment criteria are here). Click a candidate's head to get his or her latest God-o-Meter reading and blog post. And check back often. With so much happening on the campaign trail, God-o-Meter is constantly recalibrating!
God-o-Meter blogger Dan Gilgoff is Beliefnet's Politics Editor. A former political correspondent for U.S. News & World Report, he is author of The Jesus Machine: How James Dobson, Focus on the Family, and Evangelical America are Winning the Culture War.
Search This Blog
TIME: Top Politics Stories
- Closed for the Season
- On The Religious Left, Great Expectations
- Howard Dean’s Vindication
- A Post-Election Chat with Ralph Reed
- More Innacurate Faith Storylines From the Media
- Democratic Faith Gains: Overblown?
- Faith in Public Life Acknowledges Economy’s Punch
- Live Blogging Election Returns
- Palin’s Future: Christian Right Poster Girl and Uniter?
- Will the Religious Left Take Too Much Credit?