From the Masters

From the Masters

Strive for Perfection

posted by Nakkia Gray

An excerpt from The Power of Teamwork:  Inspired by The Blue Angels by Scott Beare and Michael McMillan

An effective review process is fundamental to successful teamwork. After every performance, the Blue Angels hold a debrief session. Starting with Boss, each member assesses his or her individual performance. Around the table, team members are peers and each performance is reviewed and graded equally, regardless of rank or position. Nothing is held back during a debrief session. By each member recognizing his or her shortcomings and taking corrective action, bonds strengthen and the team stays focused on continual improvement. When each individual on the team accepts full responsibility and speaks truthfully about his performance, it builds team trust.

Once the self-critique is over, the team reviews videos and ground notes of their performance. If something is reported or revealed on video that wasn’t discussed during the self-critique, it’s seen as a violation of trust. Not being upfront or completely honest to yourself and your teammates is unacceptable. It breaks the most important team bond-trust. In the Blue Angels, there is no place for politics and no room for excuses. High-performance teams require people who can accept criticism and continually strive to improve. Most importantly, when deficiencies are noted, action must be taken to improve and correct. Repeated occurrences of the same mistake or deficiency is unacceptable.

Is your team open and honest? How often does your team hold a debrief session to review performance and lessons learned? Does rank or position cloud performance issues? Do individuals accept criticism and strive for improvement-regardless of title?

By confronting our failures, we come closer to reaching perfection.

When each member accepts full responsibility and strives for excellence… trust and performance increase exponentially… the team is ready to take off.

To learn more about The Power of Teamwork:  Inspired by The Blue Angels, please click here!

Reprinted by permission of Simple Truths (c) 2011. In order to protect the rights of the copyright holder, no portion of this publication may be reproduced without prior written consent. All rights reserved.

Marlene

posted October 28, 2014 at 1:09 pm

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the
best sites online. I most certainly will highly recommend this blog!

Kristi

posted October 23, 2014 at 11:14 am

Aw, this was a really good post. Finding the time and
actual effort to create a good article… but
what can I say… I hesitate a whole lot and don’t manage to get anything done.

mSAZQVal

posted October 6, 2014 at 8:00 pm

308480 3358Yay google is my king helped me to locate this outstanding web site! . 418397

proform spin bike

posted September 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm

fantastic submit, very informative. I ponder why the opposite specialists of this
sector don’t notice this. You should continue your writing.
I am sure, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

raising the bar bodybuilding documentary free

posted September 20, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Thhis post is worth everyone’s attention. Where can I find out more?

acne

posted September 13, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem tto bbe running off the screen in Chrome.
I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with web browser compatibility but I thought
I’d post too leet you know. The design and style look great though!
Hope you get thhe issue fixed soon. Kudos

three week diet system reviews

posted September 12, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Goodd blog post. I certainly love this website.

Stick with it!

samsung 8000

posted September 12, 2014 at 1:56 am

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to
be really something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang
of it!

Christie

posted September 11, 2014 at 10:39 pm

It’s an awesome piece of writing in support of all the internet viewers; they will get
benefit froom it I am sure.

3 week Diet Review

posted September 11, 2014 at 4:21 am

I’m gone to say to my little brother, that he should also visit this weblog on regular basis to get updated from hottest information.

pick 3 prediction software

posted September 10, 2014 at 1:47 am

Wow, incredible bpog structure! How lokng have you been bloggbing
for? you make blogging glance easy. Thhe entire look of your web
site is magnificent, let allne the content!

House Renovation contractors Savannah GA

posted September 4, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be
on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked
while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal.

Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

free interior design program

posted September 2, 2014 at 5:47 pm

whoah this blog is wonderful i like reading your articles.
Stay up the great work! You understand, a lot
of persons are hunting around for this information, you can aid them greatly.

Savannah HVAC Service Company

posted August 27, 2014 at 4:05 am

But in order to do that, you may require dissembling the machine and that is why
it is a need for you to go through the manual and know how
to assemble it again. Some ac problems can be avoided by
doing some do it yourself maintenance. CNS said that according to Obama, global warming constitutes ‘the biggest
challenge we have environmentally,’ one greater than all other environmental calamities like
‘dirty water, dirty air.

Rena

posted August 18, 2014 at 7:42 am

Hey there! This post couldn’t be written any better!
Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to
him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Michel pm Schwarz

posted December 2, 2011 at 2:02 am

Sorry, excellence, performance,perfection are inhuman terms..We3 just need to be good according to our abilities. The US American way of competing destroys human relationships and understanding. there are no mistakes, no sins and no guilt in se and per se..Who is arrogant enough to pose himself as judge of other human beings..being a human himself..We need a new culture of COOPERATION and not the deviating culture of COMPETITION!

Achieve Any Goal
From Achieve Any Goal by Brian Tracy. It’s Not Where You Start—It’s How You Finish When I was eighteen, I left high school without graduating. My first job was as a dishwasher in the back of a small hotel. From there, I moved on to washing cars and then wash­ing floors with a janitoria

posted 6:00:33am Jun. 21, 2012 | read full post »

Strength, inspiration and motivation!
From Finish Strong Motivational Quotes by Dan Green.  Regardless of what came before, or what is yet to come, what's important at this moment in time is how you choose to respond to the event. Will you fight? Or will you lie down? To fortify yourself, here are just a few Finish Strong Motivation

posted 6:00:01am Jun. 20, 2012 | read full post »

An Empty Pickle Jar
From Stress is a Choice by David Zerfoss.  A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a very large and empty pickle jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. T

posted 6:00:08am Jun. 19, 2012 | read full post »

Preparing Your Dream
From Own Your Dreams by John C. Maxwell.  If you are unsure of what your dream might be—either because you are afraid to dream or because you somehow lost your dream along the way—then start preparing yourself to receive your dream by doing five things to put yourself in the best possible posit

posted 6:00:51am Jun. 11, 2012 | read full post »

The How of Wow!
The following is an excerpt from The How of Wow! by John Murphy. The truth is world class service organizations know and apply certain practices that most companies do not. This is what differentiates them from the pack. This is what keeps them moving forward on the leading edge of innovation and c

posted 6:00:00am Apr. 16, 2012 | read full post »