Fresh Living

Fresh Living

Waking Up to Your Dreams (by Wendy Schuman)

posted by vreiss

mosswoodAre you a frustrated dreamer? I know I am. I often wake up with fragments of scenes echoing in my mind that seem really meaningful–but then I leap out of bed, start my morning routine, and in seconds they’re gone. I want to linger in that realm and tap into the guidance and insight rising from a wiser source than my conscious mind.

Beliefnet’s new blogger Robert Moss addresses exactly that longing in his blog Dream Gates: “What’s that? You’re going through a dream drought? And you don’t notice much magic in the round of your days? Don’t worry: you have a world-class dreamer inside you who is ready to help you reopen your dream gates.”

A wonderful writer and brilliant teacher, Robert was raised in Australia where Aboriginal Dreamtime is a sacred path into “the world behind the world.” Robert has a unique approach to exploring dreams, called Active Dreaming–one that is playful, imaginative, and fun! “Dreaming is essentially about waking up to the bigger story and the deeper logic of our lives,” says Robert.

Enjoy the profound and inspiring world of Dream Gates. blog.beliefnet.com/dreamgates

barry

posted June 29, 2010 at 9:35 am

nice post.. :)

Gwendoyln

posted June 30, 2010 at 9:36 am

I was sent this email from my favorite cousin who is also one of my favorite people. I wrote about it on my blog at http://www.bloggerbubbles.blogspot.com. It involves Italy, You Tube, and hugging. If you don’t have time for my ramblings, please give this a second. It will show you that like a smile a hug is also free if you allow it to be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN8CKwdosjE

asheybrns

posted July 17, 2010 at 5:07 am

That’s a very good piece of writing, the way you have described the picture of the early morning is quite interesting. It just creates a picture of the time in our minds. I think that dreaming is a very good thing but to have have it capitalize is a completely different thing.
goal-setting

Gold Ring

posted August 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm

The brightest part in a womans life, diamond, is an allotropic form (different form) of darkest of the elements in the periodic table. The most fought for of all the gems, diamonds, have a long romancing history. Welcome to the exciting world of diamonds.

Dentistry Roseville

posted September 6, 2010 at 1:56 am

Thanks for these, but I am sure that most of us do not remember what are their dreams are. I am one of those people.

Pingback: Waking Up to Your Dreams (by Wendy Schuman) » | Holistic Network Ireland

Becca Briley

posted September 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Wow! This article really spoke to me, and I’m sure so many other people can relate. My personal dreams are intense, and very real. I always looked at my dreams as my subconscious mind, not any sign from the highest power. I realize to appreciate the power of my dreams, but to not let them influence my daily decisions. I let Spirit tell me what I need to do. ;) Thoughts? And thanks for the article – beautiful picture for this! ~ Blessings

carlosjpierce

posted November 10, 2011 at 8:40 am

Dreams is what inspires people.This article presents a deeper understanding of our lives.

Rob Kanzer

posted April 13, 2012 at 6:06 pm

i’d be very happy to help anyone with this. it takes some practice but once you get it down, you’ll be amazed at the AMOUNT and DETAIL of what you remember every morning from your dreams. just contact me through google search rob kanzer

payam

posted August 8, 2013 at 3:57 pm

and some dreams may come true! :D

Fare Well, Live Fresh...and Thanks
This is the post in which we say goodbye.  We're both leaving our respective jobs at Beliefnet, and so it's time to step away from the blog.So, this is the post in which we say goodbye...by saying thank you.  Thank you to you, the readers, for clicking and visiting and sharing the myriad w

posted 12:00:45pm Jul. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Prayer for the Gulf from the 13 Grandmothers
Because I lack an engineering degree and don't understand why we can't just stop this thing NOW with a 10-ton wad of gum or giant boulder or massive Q-tip, I'll share more spiritual wisdom from elders. This is from the beautiful, amazing International Council of 13 Indigenous Grandmothers--they each

posted 10:52:38am Jun. 21, 2010 | read full post »

Fresh Morning: Worry Away the Worry
"Worry is a prayer for something you don't want." - Sharon Gannon I love that. The other day someone expressed concern about my excessive worrying habit, and I've been contemplating on it ever since. Doing my best to actually contemplate, rather than worry. I've been on a renewed Gilmore G

posted 9:14:40am Jun. 21, 2010 | read full post »

How Did You (or a Loved One) Heal from Cancer?
In addition to co-writing this blog and working at Beliefnet full-time, I'm writing a book. It's about how I got through cancer five years ago with a combination of heavy-duty Western meds and all I knew from my personal and journalistic experience of yoga, meditation, non-religious spirituality, an

posted 3:08:46pm Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »

Dr. Masaru Emoto's Prayer for the Gulf
I haven't been writing about the oil spill in the Gulf because, frankly, every time I think of it I feel such a deep sense of overwhelming, immobilizing sadness and anger. But this prayer from Dr. Masaru Emoto, the author of "The Hidden Messages in Water" inspired me today. He's the Japanese scienti

posted 1:28:01pm Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »