Fresh Living

Fresh Living

For Breast Cancer Awareness Month:5 Quotes About Survival

posted by hrossi

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and to honor those whose lives have been touched through this disease, I searched out these quotes about survival.  Because that’s the goal.  That’s the goal.

CLICK HERE to check out quotes on breast cancer!

5 Quotes About Survival

“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And
once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be,
you can survive it.” –Bill Cosby

“At such moments, you realize that you and the other are, in fact, one.
It’s a big realization. Survival is the second law of life. The first
is that we are all one.” –Joseph Campbell

“If a blade of grass can grow in a concrete walk and a fig tree in the
side of a mountain cliff, a human being empowered with an invincible
faith can survive all odds the world can throw against his tortured
soul.” –Robert Schuller

“The future belongs to those who survive their past.” –Gaia’s Mr. Prophet

“Damaged people are dangerous.  They know they can survive.” –Josephine Hart

For more on Beliefnet’s observation of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, explore these features:

Main Breast Cancer Awareness Page

Breast Cancer Quotes, Prayers, and Mantras

Wise Words from Cancer Survivors

Meditation: Making Chemotherapy Meaningful

Join Our Breast Cancer Support Forum

Like what you see? Click here to subscribe and get Fresh Living in your in-box every day!

Gary Lightfoot

posted October 2, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Breast cancer awarness is very useful. What I don’t understand is why you single this cancer out when more women die from both Lung and Colon cancer. Most of these deaths can be prevented by life style choices and diagnostic tests.
Gary – The Free Radical

elaine

posted October 3, 2009 at 1:00 am

It is because that the majority of breast cancer patients are women. Lung and colon cancer hit with less gender discrimination.

Tammy Urban

posted October 13, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Gary, more women die from HEART DISEASE than ALL forms of cancer combined!!!! However, it doesn’t change my concern and/or fear of this disease!

nips

posted June 3, 2010 at 5:27 pm

nipz

Mark Thurston

posted August 28, 2010 at 9:44 pm

An argument about the appropriateness of supporting breast cancer? For me it is because that is what killed my mother. Many have ‘passionate’ causes they are for. I am male, and breast cancer in males is rare, yet this is the cause I am most passionate about in spite of the fact that 1 billion worldwide live on starvation diets and 100 million (a third of the US population!) die of starvation every year. As the quote says: “Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” –Josephine Hart
I guess I am just damaged. :O

kim

posted February 23, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Every lady and man member of my family has died from cancer. I am cancer free at this time.The best saying I have heard and I believe is the truest is “Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” – touche.

Kim

posted February 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm

- I have lost every family member to cancer on my fathers side. I am here to tell you Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” –Josephine Hart

breast cancer quotes

posted March 13, 2011 at 11:12 am

These are great quotes. you can find more inspiring ones here
breast cancer quotes

Fare Well, Live Fresh...and Thanks
This is the post in which we say goodbye.  We're both leaving our respective jobs at Beliefnet, and so it's time to step away from the blog.So, this is the post in which we say goodbye...by saying thank you.  Thank you to you, the readers, for clicking and visiting and sharing the myriad w

posted 12:00:45pm Jul. 02, 2010 | read full post »

Waking Up to Your Dreams (by Wendy Schuman)
Are you a frustrated dreamer? I know I am. I often wake up with fragments of scenes echoing in my mind that seem really meaningful--but then I leap out of bed, start my morning routine, and in seconds they're gone. I want to linger in that realm and tap into the guidance and insight rising from a wi

posted 2:21:32pm Jun. 24, 2010 | read full post »

Prayer for the Gulf from the 13 Grandmothers
Because I lack an engineering degree and don't understand why we can't just stop this thing NOW with a 10-ton wad of gum or giant boulder or massive Q-tip, I'll share more spiritual wisdom from elders. This is from the beautiful, amazing International Council of 13 Indigenous Grandmothers--they each

posted 10:52:38am Jun. 21, 2010 | read full post »

Fresh Morning: Worry Away the Worry
"Worry is a prayer for something you don't want." - Sharon Gannon I love that. The other day someone expressed concern about my excessive worrying habit, and I've been contemplating on it ever since. Doing my best to actually contemplate, rather than worry. I've been on a renewed Gilmore G

posted 9:14:40am Jun. 21, 2010 | read full post »

How Did You (or a Loved One) Heal from Cancer?
In addition to co-writing this blog and working at Beliefnet full-time, I'm writing a book. It's about how I got through cancer five years ago with a combination of heavy-duty Western meds and all I knew from my personal and journalistic experience of yoga, meditation, non-religious spirituality, an

posted 3:08:46pm Jun. 18, 2010 | read full post »