Pink Dahlia I
- The act or an instance of becoming open or being made to open.
- An open space serving as a passage or gap.
- A breach or aperture.
- A clearing in the woods.
- The first part or stage, as of a book.
- The first performance: the opening of a play.
- A formal commencement of operation: attended the opening of the new museum.
- Games. A specific pattern or series of beginning moves in certain games, especially chess.
- An opportunity affording a chance of success. See synonyms at opportunity.
- An unfilled job or position; a vacancy.
Image © 2008, David J. Bookbinder