“Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it’s not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long.” – Amy Grant
Being in a relationship should be a rewarding experience that makes you feel complete. After all, humans crave attention, love and partnership.
It is important to your overall mental health and total happiness to make sure you have a healthy relationship. Unfortunately, not every relationship is a healthy one.
So, how do you know if you have a healthy relationship? Here are 10 signs.
1. Trust is the foundation of any healthy relationship. You must trust the other person and they must trust you. Without trust, there is tension and fighting.
2. You feel free to talk about anything and everything with your partner. When you don’t feel, you have to censor yourself for fear of earning disapproval.
3. You feel inspired to be better. Your partner encourages you to fulfill your dreams and try things you want to do, but are feeling a little insecure about.
4. You accept your partner for who they are and vice versa. You don’t have to pretend to like something or pretend to be someone else in order to win approval.
5. You know you can count on your partner to support you during difficult times. You can lean on them when you feel vulnerable.
6. You find yourself taking an interest in your partner’s hobbies and interests and vice versa. This is evidence of the intimacy you have developed in the relationship.
7. You can express your emotions in front of your partner. When you are sad, angry or happy you want to share it with your partner.
8. You have fun and truly enjoy your partner’s company. You don’t have to try and have fun. It comes naturally and you look forward to the moments when you get to spend time with your other half.
9. You are okay spending time apart. You don’t have to be with your partner every minute of the day and recognize the need for personal space on both sides.
10. You respect your partner’s feelings and your partner respects your feelings, too. There isn’t pressure to do something you are not comfortable with doing.
Image Source: Google Images