“The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.” – Unknown
My daughter goes back to school on Thursday. Emily will be a high school sophomore with a busy year planned. Over the past few weeks, she and my wife have been hitting the stores to stock up on the needed back-to-school supplies like pens, paper, notebooks and a few new things to wear.
Even though I haven’t been part of the shopping trips to get Emily those supplies, I am responsible (along with my wife) for making certain the other supplies – the really essential back-to-school supplies, are in abundance so my daughter can continue to be successful, happy and confident.
These supplies include:
1. Providing unconditional love to give her a strong foundation.
2. Setting clear boundaries to give her the right guideposts to follow.
3. Showing contentment for the things (and blessings) our family have.
4. Living honestly to remind her to be truthful with others.
5. Giving her hope by believing most problems can be solved.
6. Kissing her good night to remind her she isn’t too old for kisses.
7. Sharing dinner together as often as we can to check in, and just talk.
8. Smiling everyday to show her a positive outlook can make a big difference.
9. Being fully present when she needs me.
10. Giving her a stable home so one day she’ll learn how to grow out of it.
What about you? What are some of the essential back-to-school supplies you are providing for your child. Please share in Comments below.
Image Source: Google Images