“If we’re going to bring out the best in people, we, too, need to sow seeds of encouragement.” – Joel Osteen
With smartphones grabbing people’s attention throughout the day, these devices can be a great way to connect with someone you care about.
In addition to reminding your partner to pick up some milk, your partner’s smartphone can also remind her how special she is. Similarly, sending an encouraging text message can let him know that you are thinking of him.
Here’s a simple approach to writing an encouraging text message, along with some sample text messages so you can begin encouraging someone right now.
1. Keep it short. Since a single text message can only be 160 characters long, get right to the point. Tell your loved one how you feel directly and sincerely.
2. Get visual. Add a photo of a special place or choose a sentimental picture from your camera roll.
3. Have fun with Emoticons. Emoticons are appropriately named because they convey emotion –and in this case, your emotion. Use the search term “emoticons for text messaging” to learn how to enable Emoticons for your smartphone.
4. Send it at the right time. If you know your loved one has a busy morning, wait to send the text message during lunch or right after work. You want your encouraging text message to be a welcomed reprieve; not an interruption.
5. Quote it. Sending a short, but powerful quote can be just the right words.
6. Say it with love. No matter the message, put a little of you in it and say it like you mean it, but more important, say it with love.
One Dozen Sample Text Messages
1. You are strong. I love you and believe in you.
2. You are a blessing to the world and are loved deeply by all of us.
3. I wish you could see yourself the way I see you.
4. Your light takes my breath away.
5. You never know what wonderful things await you just around the corner!
6. I know you have the discipline, bravery, and inner strength to see this through.
7. Sending love. You can do it!
8. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh.
9. This is your life – love it, live it
10. You have so many dreams waiting for you. Happiness is right there inside of You!
11. Focus on what you CAN do instead of what you can’t.
12. Take a deep breath in and allow the love to flow.