“Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your faith lies.” – Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Sometimes you just need to get away from it all – away from the noise, away from the problems and away from the people who are trying to drag you down.
Going to a place of peace and healing isn’t about avoidance or surrender; it’s about finding refuge in a place where you can refocus your mind and reenergize your spirit so you can keep moving forward. The good news is these places aren’t far away. In fact, these places are all around you and they are in you.
Here are five places of peace and healing that are waiting to welcome you whenever you need to visit:
1. Your place of solitude is where quiet meets you. In this place you are keenly aware of life’s more beautiful noise like the gentle sounds humming through your house or the sound of rain sweetly kissing the window. Your place of solitude is where you can quiet your mind and let peace cover you like a warm blanket.
2. Your place with loved ones is where you feel whole once again. The comfort your loved one provides can fill you back up when you feel empty. They can fill you up with security, confidence and purpose. Your place with loves ones is where your broken spirit is nurtured back to health.
3. Your place for worship is where you can re-connect with your Maker. No matter if it’s a church, synagogue or your favorite spot under a tree, when you turn to faith and believe that peace and healing will return, it usually does. Your place for worship is where your soul finds the encouragement to never give up.
4. Your place in nature is where you can bring your mind and body back into alignment. Taking a walk while witnessing the gifts nature provides can lower your stress and clear your mind like no other remedy. Your place of nature is where you can shift your focus from the problem of the day and to the beauty surrounding you.
5. Your place for inspiration is where you imagination and creativity come alive. Whether it’s a woodshop, golf course or a book, feeding your mind, body and spirit with what stirs your passion is nourishing. Your place for inspiration is where you find your spark to keep the fire burning.
About Alex Blackwell
Alex Blackwell is a father, husband and writer. He is the author of Letting Go: 25 True Stories of Peace, Hope and Surrender, which includes 10 free Peace and Balance tools.