“Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A ‘you can do it’ when things are tough.” – Richard M. DeVos
There are so many things we try to prevent from coming into our lives–illness, disappointment, financial hardship. However, there are so many good things that we could add to our lives that would give it more value. Here are 10 things you would benefit from having in your life.
1. Love – Perhaps the most important thing on our planet, love keeps us going. It brings our relationships to life, adds depth to our friendships, and ignites a passion in our hearts that is irreplaceable by any other thing on Earth.
2. Self-worth – Seeing your own value is one of the best things you can do for yourself. To fully appreciate your life and be happy, you have to first see your self-worth. Not what others see you as, not what others think of you as, but what you are to yourself.
3. Compassion – It’s beautiful to have love and grace for others. It creates harmony in our world and a softness in our hearts. Reach out to others, sympathize, and take action where you can because we’re all part of a bigger plan.
4. Humility – Pride is a difficult thing to recognize and a more difficult thing to address for some people. But you don’t have to worry about what you’re trying to remove, just look at what you want to have more of in your life. Being more humble includes admitting when you’re wrong, for instance.
5. Gratitude – Gratefulness builds the foundation for a loving person. If you have gratitude toward others for what they do for you, then you are establishing a better character for yourself and building someone else up at the same time.
6. Self-love – What good are your talents and attributes to other people if you’re not loving yourself at the end of the day? If you are successful in your job, but engage in negative talk about your body, or other attributes, then you won’t receive the full happiness of loving what you do. Learn to love yourself and it will build your confidence and take you places you never thought you’d go.
7. Kindness – We could all stand to be a little kinder. It’s easy to become desensitized to the world, lacking the kind, gentle touch and soft heart that makes someone like a child. But taking the time to add this back into your life will reap rewards for you.
8. Generosity – With time, money, or just a listening ear, being generous is a wonderful quality to let into your life. You’ll foster better relationships, cultivate your own heart for love, and help someone in need.
9. Optimism – The best way to stop negativity is to bring in more positivity. Look on the brighter side of life. Things will be okay. You’re doing a good job. You can do it!
10. Laughter – Make the time to laugh. No matter the type of day you’re having, no matter what else you feel you’ve failed at, let yourself have a good laugh. It’s better if there’s someone with you that you love, too.