“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
Feeling discouraged, worn out or suffering from the Winter Blues? Try these 10 ways to lift your spirit even on the darkest, coldest days.
1. Read Motivational Quotes – Lift your spirits quick by reading motivational quotes. Read as many as necessary. You’ll be ready to take on the rest of your day.
2. Call an Old Friend – Reminisce on good times with a friend you haven’t connected with in a while. The laughter and fond memories are sure to brighten your day.
3. Get in Touch with Your Artistic Side – Painting, coloring, drawing, scrapbooking–whatever appeals to your creative side, give it a try. It is sure to perk your spirit right up.
4. Have a One-Person Dance Party – Crank up your favorite tunes and let loose. Dancing by yourself will raise your spirits–and your heart rate, too!
5. Go for a Walk – The weather may not permit for you to just stroll outside at any given time, even when bundled up, but on the milder days, the fresh air and sunshine will do wonders for your soul.
6. Listen to Someone’s Inspiring Story – Sometimes the best way to lift your spirits is to hear how someone else got through a hard time. Check out some inspirational stories online of people overcoming difficulties and start feeling more motivated again.
7. Take a Selfie – There’s nothing wrong with the indulgent selfie! Share it on Facebook and Instagram. You are fabulous. Taking a little glamour photo when you feel your best can really boost your mood.
8. Watch a Comedy – Pop in a romantic comedy or other humorous film and let the laughter carry away your blue mood.
9. Look at an Old Photo Album – Reminiscing is great for the mind. Flip open a photo album, or even peruse through online photo albums (i.e. Facebook) and enjoy the memories that you’ve captured on camera.
10. Make Your Own Comfort Food – Whether you’re a cook or not, you can whip up a simple staple from your childhood (like mac and cheese), or try a new and easy dish that you’ve been craving (spaghetti and alfredo sauce). It will make you feel good in more ways than one.
7 Days of Inspiration Challenge (#7DI)
See the positive difference a little inspiration can make with the 7 Days of Inspiration Challenge. Share some inspiration and receive Alex’s Amazon Best Seller 20 Simple Paths to an Amazing Life for FREE. Join the inspirational challenge here.
About Alex Blackwell
Alex Blackwell is the author of Letting Go: 25 True Stories of Peace, Hope and Surrender, which includes 10 free Peace and Balance tools.
Web | Inspiring Things | Free eBook: How to Love Consciously