“Enjoy the little things, for one day you make look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
The little things can be found in how we live, how we love and how we can make the most of each day. The little things are easy to spot because they put out a light so bright that the darkness doesn’t stand a chance against the healing power that comes bursting through.
Over the last several weeks I’ve been making a list of the small things that bring me peace, faith and hope – beautiful, amazing hope. Here are some little things that make a big difference in my day:
1. Hearing my children say, “I love you Dad” is like medicine for my soul.
2. Finding the words that express exactly how I feel.
3. The sweet good-night kiss my wife gives.
4. Taking the first sip of my morning coffee.
5. Witnessing kindness come alive by the action of others.
6. The taste of salt water on my lips after plunging into the ocean.
7. Providing a home that makes my family feel safe.
8. Helping someone find their answer.
9. A favorite song played during my morning run.
10. Breathing in the fresh air at a baseball game.
11. The guilty pleasure of a Diet Coke and popcorn.
12. Watching my children build their lives and then holding my breath when there is a stumble.
Enjoying the little things can take you to a place where the darkness seems a little less intimidating and the light feels absolutely amazing.
So, what gives you light? What are the little things that make a big difference in your day?