“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” – Oscar Wilde
Every day you have the opportunity to show your love. On some days you have many opportunities.
You can show your love to your child, spouse or partner. You can show your love to your best friend, co-worker or someone you just met. Showing your love doesn’t always have to be an intimate expression – it can be a small act that resonates with care, kindness and concern. And these things can only come from a loving heart.
The next time someone asks for love, will you show it? Showing your love is a choice you get to make every day.
Here are 50 ways to show your love. Each one isn’t hard to do. All you have to do is acknowledge when love is needed and then make the choice to show it.
- Don’t wait to say, “I love you.” Tell someone today, right now.
- Tell your child you believe in her or him.
- Leave an unexpected note.
- Admit when you are wrong.
- Be generous with compliments and careful with complaints.
- Forgive, let go and move on.
- Prepare and share a meal together.
- Tell your partner one thing he or she did that inspired you.
- Treat a friend to lunch.
- Hold onto a hug one moment longer than expected.
- Be an encourager.
- Show patience, even in your busiest moment.
- When someone is on your mind, pick up the phone and let them know.
- Tell your wife how much you love her every night.
- Tell your husband you are proud of him every day.
- Pray together.
- Show respect and expect respect in return.
- Read to your child.
- Make time to just play!
- Call your mom or dad often and offer some real insight into your life.
- Never use love, or the threat of withholding love, as a weapon.
- Do the right thing, always.
- Be the first to stand up for your child.
- Open your heart to receive a loved one’s best effort.
- Carry your friend; but know when it’s time to put him down.
- Know when to offer space and respect boundaries.
- Go for a walk and leave the smartphones at home.
- Be willing to fall in love with your partner over and over.
- Share. Honor. Trust. Love and then repeat.
- Trust a friend.
- Place your partner’s hand inside of yours.
- Call when you are running late.
- Always make time for a good-night kiss.
- Become your spouse’s loudest cheerleader.
- Live in the here and now with those closest to your heart.
- Make the relationship a priority.
- Don’t expect perfection.
- Cry together.
- Let a loved one know that he or she is making your life better.
- Do the unexpected.
- Choose true connection over mediocrity.
- Never insult your spouse, child and friend.
- Plan a family night.
- Know when to disconnect from the computer and re-connect.
- Acknowledge your partner’s worth.
- Stop trying so hard to be the perfect parent and just be who you are.
- Lift up your friend.
- Let your parents know you will continue the positive family traditions.
- Remember the art of patience.
- Simply love and love simply.