- MYSTERIES OF THE JESUS PRAYER (my movie on ancient Christian prayers & practices)
- WATCH “DANCING DOCTOR NORRIS” on YouTube!
- A movie about ancient Christian meditation & prayer
- USDA Food Guide Pyramid
- This can save your marriage/relationship
- Columbia University: Institute for Religion, Culture and Public Life
- The Checkup, a blog from the Washington Post
I had lunch with a born-and-raised Southerner, who loves to cook and eat – just like I do. She told me she’d lost 15 pounds a year ago, and was keeping it off.
She knew I’d written, “The Joy of Weight Loss” and wanted to know what my secret was. I wanted to know what her advice was, too.
So we talked and munched, me on a Mediterranean salad with grilled tuna, olives, cucumbers, and feta cheese. She had a vegetable omlette. We both skipped the breads.
Here are a few tips we came up with:
– Carbohydrates are a big problem. Let’s be real, it’s about sugar! The whole new field of diabetes research and obesity, and the reality of insulin resistance plays a big part.
– Food is love. Our mommas and grandmothers love to make really fattening stuff and are offended if we don’t eat some! We politely refuse, or take just one little bite, assuring and reassuring that we love them, but don’t want to be fat.
– The gigantic portions that are served at restaurants are insane and truly unhealthy. Gigantic drinks full of sugar, and sodas are poisonous.
– Not every meal should be “The Last Supper.” We sure don’t need to stuff ourselves with everything at each sitting!
I’d love to hear your comments about the secrets of weight loss from YOUR perspective! PLEASE COMMENT BELOW, and make my day!