- MYSTERIES OF THE JESUS PRAYER (my movie on ancient Christian prayers & practices)
- WATCH “DANCING DOCTOR NORRIS” on YouTube!
- A movie about ancient Christian meditation & prayer
- USDA Food Guide Pyramid
- This can save your marriage/relationship
- Columbia University: Institute for Religion, Culture and Public Life
- The Checkup, a blog from the Washington Post
“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself,” said President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in the worst moment of the depression in the 1930’s. He was right. Fear is not always useful. It often just gets in the way.
Sometimes, our natural instinct of fear is helpful, such as to avoid falling, getting hurt, or entering dangerous situations. Other times, the fear isn’t productive or even rational.
You may fear trying something new that you’re not used to. Or perhaps the fear is about finishing something. Or fear of making changes. Ask yourself if your fear is something you’re experienced before, then ask yourself what happened in the past. Was it a good outcome? Did you need to be afraid?
As someone who not only believes in God, but also knows that God is real and with me, I’ve been able to put most of my old fears aside. With the grace of God, I know that I am not only protected, I’m guided. I gave my entire life over to God almost 20 years ago, and even though I sometimes catch myself with some fears, I’ve learned to just hand them over to God and ask for His wonderful help. That help is always there, no matter what may come.
With the total love and presence of God, I don’t fear so much. There’s no need to be afraid. God loves me, takes care of me, and will be with me always and forever.