Dr. Norris J. Chumley Satisfied Life

Dr. Norris J. Chumley Satisfied Life

Mysteries of the Jesus Prayer

April 30, 2010

I want you to be among the first to know.  I have been working on a documentary movie and book about ancient prayers, once secret — now being brought to the world.  It is called Mysteries of the Jesus Prayer and it is about how these prayers have come from the Apostles, to Egypt, Greece, then spread to Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and the Americas.  It’s coming early next year to theaters and bookstores everywhere.

These secret mystical prayers are still in use by monks and nuns in monasteries in these far-off lands, but unknown to most of us.  Now, those who have left the world behind to live cloistered  lives of prayer are for the first time sharing their prayers of the heart on film with the world.

I have been working with a priest, V.Rev. Dr. John McGuckin.  We have traveled to these ancient and hidden places with film crews, searching for spiritual wisdom, and learning about how to pray these ancient prayers.

Please visit our brand-new website, and join our special group — Friends of Mysteries of the Jesus Prayer.  There you will find scenes from the upcoming movie, games, words of wisdom and advice from spiritual masters, and a community of people of faith.

Please go to www.MysteriesoftheJesusPrayer.com  or just www.JesusPrayerMovie.com  and join in.

Have YOU heard about our movie?  Please tell all your friends!  Please post a comment below!

Add Comment » Comments
  1. Your Name
    May 2, 2010 at 9:42 am

I went to the church on Sabbath day,Saturday morning at 9 am,because the service starts this time every Saturdays Dr.Chumley.After the service,all of the church spend time called fellowship with each other at the church hall.Everyweek,Dr.Chumley,the preachers bring new members and people just keep coming to my church and Gods(Elohim)wills that we find continously our lost brothers and sisters,and everytime there are new ones coming,we believe that they are our lost and found brothers and sisters and we all rejoice in the name of our Elohim.After the fellowship dr.Chumley,our Pastor asks us to continue our Bible Study,but my appointed time is not for Bible Study but to watch a movie about Prayers which is about your article today Dr.Chumley.I learned from this video that prayer is very powerful,even Jesus Himself needs to pray,not because He needs to,He is God himself but our Heavenly Mother said in the video that Jesus prayed to show us how to pray,to show us that we need to pray not because God needs our prayers but God requires us to pray because He loves us and He is love Himself and all He ever wants is to bless us through our prayers.God loves us thats why we need to pray,Dr.Chumley,this is heartstrucking because we pray not because HE IS PLEASED but we praybecause God our Father wants to bless us.Prayer is a way for Father to Bless us,and when we pray,we should pray with faith that we received our prayer before we ask God,and we should pray without ceasing,meaning continually,i have also learned Dr.Chumley from the Bible that there’s appointed time to pray to God,we can pray all the time but God lways have se appointed time to do things to honor Him,to glorify Him,Like all the feasts,God have set appointed time to do all these things so with prayers.The Bible teach us how to pray,when to pray and what to pray for.The church pastors knows all these things when we ask them,they all should know
    the truth about what is God’s will to all of us.
    Thanks for this post Dr.Chumley.In prayers,we are all blessed!!!!

2. May 2, 2010 at 10:06 am

Hello. Thanks for these lovely words. St. Paul taught us to “pray unceasingly,” and I believe that’s a good suggestion, so I do. Study of the Bible, and sacred texts, too, I find very helpful and instructive.
    I am so happy to be able to bring the Jesus Prayer to the movies, and in my new book. They will be released early in the new year.
    In the meantime, those who sign up now at http://www.mysteriesoftheJesusPrayer.com will receive many prayers, chants, meditations, scenes from the upcoming movie, games, study guides — all free.
    Please share this with your church group, and friends.
    With God,
    Dr. Norris

3. chrissy
    May 2, 2010 at 12:23 pm

How do I join friends of Mysteries of the Jesus Prayer?

4. Chris
    May 2, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I clicked on the link to go to the new website and got a blank page. What went wrong?

5. May 2, 2010 at 6:34 pm

I was only able to access the inspirational websites once. When I tried to return to “register”,this is the message I received:
    The webpage cannot be found
    HTTP 404
    Most likely causes:
    There might be a typing error in the address.
    If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
    I will appreciate your webmaster’s assistance. Thank you so very much.

6. May 3, 2010 at 1:27 pm

You only need to copy the address and then go to it after you close all other pages. I went to the site and it’s great and I will sign up to be a member Asap! Thanks for making this wonderful video. What I have seen so far is so beautiful and mezmerizing to me, I love Jesus so much already! As long as it helps me to love him even more, that’s all that matters. Sometimes alot of time’s I caught myself talking to God all day & nite. Now I know that this is okay, since I read it here. He likes this doesn’t he? I KNOW HE DOES, I WILL KEEP IT UP. Thanks Norris for the good works that you do, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN THE FUTURE. GOD BLESS YOU TOTALLY & TO THE FULLEST EXTENT. Amen

7. May 3, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Whoops! My mistake. I needed to type in the “http://” part as well. I have fixed it. thanks SO much for alerting me.
    Dr. Norris

8. May 3, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for asking. Please go to http://www.mysteriesoftheJesusPrayer.com and click the “WANT TO SEE MORE” button. That will take you to a sign up page.
    Can’t wait to add you to our community.
    All Best,
    Dr. Norris

9. May 3, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I deeply appreciate your kinds words and membership in our Beliefnet community.
    I love Jesus too. I talk to Him all day and night too.
    All Best with God,
    Dr. Norris

10. John royse
    January 31, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I purchased and downloaded the movie and Windows Media says it cannot be configured to play. Bummer!

11. February 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Sorry to hear this! Hopefully, you contacted the iTunes store. They should be able to help. I actually don’t have anything to do with it — I only made the movie.
    Please let us know if you’ve gotten this resolved.
    Norris Chumley