- MYSTERIES OF THE JESUS PRAYER (my movie on ancient Christian prayers & practices)
- WATCH “DANCING DOCTOR NORRIS” on YouTube!
- A movie about ancient Christian meditation & prayer
- USDA Food Guide Pyramid
- This can save your marriage/relationship
- Columbia University: Institute for Religion, Culture and Public Life
- The Checkup, a blog from the Washington Post
I was reminded of a book, What Did the Ancient Israelites Eat?: Diet in Biblical Times by Nathan MacDonald of the University of Scotland in St. Andrews, that talks about food, eating, and by default weight loss / weight management in times of the Hebrew Bible. While the book came out last year, it’s interesting to think about it to this day. Perhaps it would be useful for you.
Professor MacDonald tells us that ancient Israelites ate mostly grains, wine, olive oil and meat in the form of birds and fish. They also ate vegetables and cheese.
Of course, what the ancients in Biblical times did not eat were processed foods, stuff with long shelf-life, and highly sweetened, high fat mixes like cakes, pastries, candy, ice cream, potato chips, in other words junk foods.
What do YOU think about eating like Jesus and His followers, and those even more ancient? Please post a comment, and ask your friends to subscribe, please, too.