When I posted my recent essay on Synesius – the “bishop of dreams” and student of Hypatia -on this blog, I had no idea that writer-director Alejandro Amenábar had made a movie in Spain (“Agora”) with Rachel Weisz as Hypatia and Rupert Evans as her admiring student Synesius. Still less that it opened at the end of last week at a local arts cinema. That kind of nod from the universe can’t be ignored. I went to see the film today and here are some brief notes.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- Dreaming at the breakfast table
- A Buddhist poet-saint: if dreams are illusions, so is life, so dream more!
- Let’s rescue our dreams from the League of Fear and Contempt
- When we become a dreaming culture
- Giving thanks, today and every day
- The passions of the soul work magic
- What is your rescue story?
- The Angel That Troubles the Waters
- Three broad bands of dreaming
- Harriet Tubman dreamed for liberation
About Dream GatesRobert Moss, a world-renowned dream explorer and teacher, invites us to tap into the power of dreams for self-healing and self-understanding—and insight into handling the challenges of waking life.
Check Out Robert’s Newest Book!