A survey of more than 5000 singles for Match.com reveals real change in the attitudes of singles when it comes to marriage and relationships.
When asked about sex dating and what is OK in relationships, here is what the survey revealed.
1) Interracial marriage (86%)
2) Interfaith marriage (80%)
3) Long term live in partners who don’t marry (76%)
4) Same-sex marriage (65%)
5) Having children outside of marriage
1) Sexually open marriages (78%)
2) Long distant marriages (62%)
3) Married couples sleeping in separate bedrooms (56%)
4) Having sex on a first date (80%),
Looking at these lists, you can see that attachment and bonding are still considered important to any relationship, but the marital covenant is not always a part of the equation. Yet, this is God’s plan–marriage and children in the context of that marriage. It may seem old fashion, but making a life long commitment in a safe and secure environment to raise children, is God’s best. God doesn’t change with cultural attitudes. HIs Word is the same yesterday, today and forever.