Answer YES OR NO to each question.
1) When your partner does something that bothers you, do you think, “There must be a good reason for this. I am sure we can work it out?”
2) Are you free to express your dreams, values and viewpoints?
3) Do you manage your emotions during conflict and try to understand what is happening?
4) When distressed, are you able to talk about your fears and worries?
5) Can you calm yourself down when you feel defensive and believe your partner may feel attacked too?
6) When an argument is repeated, do you think about what the bigger issue may be?
7) No matter how distressed or conflicted, do you maintain connection with your partner?
8) Do you regularly tell your partner how much he or she is appreciated?
9) Do you show on-going interest in what your partner says?
10) Do you both have common goals, dreams and hopes?
If you answered YES to most of these questions, congratulations! You are doing great at making your relationship work!