Super Bowl is a bit like Christmas.- the hype outweighs the actual event. Don’t get me wrong, it turned out to be a good game even though I was routing for San Francisco. But all the hoopla surrounding the game is exhausting.
Like most of you, I watched the game (although in and out of it many times). Here are my highlights, love to hear yours:
1) The best moment was when the lights went out. Twitter was ripe with pithy comments. My favorite from Neil Pollack , “This time, it’s the rich people trapped in the Superdome.”
2) President Obama’s comment, “…if I had a son, I’d have to think long and hard before I let him play football.” Jim Harbaugh’s response to that comment–this means less competition for his 5 month old son Jack!
2) Alicia Keyes--Someone forgot to tell her this was a football game, not a concert–piano, gown, soulful. I believe it was the longest version of this song ever! It was a great beginning for those not so interested in the game.
3) The First Family’s Role Model–Beyonce in leather and lace, the outfit we want all our teen girls wearing to sell a sex kitten image. Come on, Mr. President!
4) Beyonce again. At any moment, I expected Michael Jackson to appear and the two would end doing a Pepsi commercial.
4) The Clydesdale commercial. It was WAR HORSE all over again. The entire movie flashed before my eyes.
5) Oprah being vintage Oprah–I like it when she is not confusing me with her brand of spirituality.
6) When everyone in the room yelled, “Ooh, creepy!” every time some dark beer commercial appeared.
7) Jim Harbaugh’s desperate attempt to get a ref to call holding near the end of the game. Looking at the review, it was holding and even the announcer began to change his mind.
8) The Facebook photo of Jim Harbaugh telling mom that his brother wasn’t playing fair.
9) The suggestion that post Super Bowl Monday become a national holiday.
10) The actual game. Turned out to be a good game once the lights went out. Congrats to the Ravens!