It’s 80 degrees again today but hey it’s Fall!
None of the leaves have changed color.
Here at the beach, they actually just fall off in fall.
So I have to look for signs of Fall. Here are my top 7:
1) I stopped using the Jergens Bronzing cream on my legs. Living in a Beach town, with glow in the dark legs, I need the bronzer in order to not look like I need a blood transfusion. But when Fall comes, I retire the cream and use the money for a pumpkin spice latte. Bring on the tights and long pants!
2) I put away my white shoes. I know there is no fashion rule that says you can’t wear white shoes after Labor Day but it has been drilled into my head since I was a kid. This is not a childhood behavior pattern I care to fight!
3) I am watching way too much television, hoping that somewhere in all the new Fall line-up, is a show actually worth viewing! Stand by. It may take awhile.
4) I already know the NFL players on a first name basis and my love-hate relationship with the Chicago Bears is again a reality.
5) I’m regaining my water view from my office. If only the powers-to-be would cut down the trees blocking my view! And of course replant those trees somewhere else where people appreciate them. Easy you tree huggers!
6) Christmas decorations are prominently displayed at Costco! Happy New Year!
7) I can actually park my car, sit on the beach without seeing people burned to a crisp, and breathe a sigh of relief that the cheesy souvenir shops are now closed.
Let’s have some fun with this. What are your tell tale signs of Fall?