Community News

Community News

A Home for Authors and Speakers on Beliefnet

posted by lmarcus

When the new Beliefnet community launches later this month, there will be dozens of ways you or your group can use the site. Here are a few ways authors and speakers can take advantage of the new tools.

Are you an author? Are you looking for a way to expose your work to a wider audience? Beliefnet’s community tools can help you to do just that.
Create a Profile
Get started by creating a Beliefnet profile. Then you can become “friends” with other Beliefnet members interested in you, your work, and your interests.
Once you’ve created your profile, here’s what you can do:

Promote Your Work
You can insert images of your latest books, or use our calendar tool to invite members to book readings or lectures.
Lead a Group Discussion
Use the journal tool to update your fans on your whereabouts, answer questions, and share your thoughts and musings about the world.
Get Interactive
You can post audio or video clips of your talks, readings, and lectures.
Create a Virtual Book Group
Use the group tool to create a book group where members can discuss particular your books.
Stay tuned to Beliefnet for more information about launching your author or speaker page on the site in the coming weeks. In the meantime, make sure you sign up to be notified when the new site launches.

Denise Carden

posted October 11, 2007 at 9:17 am

I’ve been trying to invite friends on the new site all morning because I got a few friend invitations, and mine won’t go through.
It keeps coming back “You’ve invited 0 friend.”
What’s going wrong with it?

Shauna Baker

posted October 31, 2007 at 2:33 am

Hi Denise,
I’m negotiating my way around the new site myself. It feels a bit like a minefield huh?
However I did find one thing that may help.
When I tried to load some of the tools I found I had been redirected to a page where I was not signed in, and so the things I chose did not count in my profile.
I suggest you Make sure you are signed in first.
Then, when you have chosen your groups and clicked the save etc buttons, try completely refreshing or closing your page down and loggin in again. See if that works. It’s just a thought.
Otherwise, take a look in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) or email Beliefnet for help.
Have a wonderful day.
Angel Blessings,
Shauna (\o/) (\o/) (\o/)

Colette

posted November 21, 2007 at 10:05 am

Hi ~
I’m an author.. would like to post materials from my book.
When I use my Journal, is it automatically “posted” to the public.
Couldn’t find my post..
Any other “author” advice would be greatly appreciated..

Kelly

posted December 7, 2007 at 6:03 pm

Well I was trying to comment on the truth or lack there of on Mormons. So since I found this I will say what is on my heart. Mormonism is not a true faith of Jesus Christ. It is for lack of a better description a cult. I has been from the start and always will be unless they actually do decide to believe that Jesus is the son on God, born of a virgin, died on the cross for our sins and that that is the only way you can get to heaven. There is only one heaven the one God, the only God, created. As creatures created by the one true God you yourself will never be a god no matter how many children you have or how many times you are baptised for yourself or someone else. The Book of Mormon was written by a 14 year old kid with a wild imagination. It sure is ironic how they want to call themselves the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, yet do believe that they one day can attain godhood. Well the men can, women get to be eternally inpegnated to create spirit babies to be sent to earth from the planet Kolob. Starting to sound like a science fiction book uh? Well that pretty much is what it is. There is no angel Moroni, that was an indian. People do your research and you will find the truth. If you don’t have a personal relationship with Christ please ask Him into your heart and to be forgiven of all your sins and to be Lord of your life. Then He will enlighten you to the truth. It amazes me the things I have read on this site. I am trying to find out exactly what they believe, hard to do. All I can say is if you read this, there is only one God, who allowed His son Jesus to come to earth and die a horrible death for our sins. There is only one way to heaven and that is accepting God’s son Jesus Christ into your heart as your lord and saviour. This has to be done before you die, no chances after death. So please don’t buy into anything that takes away from the cross or adds to it, your eternal life depends on it. My prayer is that all who will come to know Christ, and that any and all lies will be taken off of this site. If this site is a lie I pray it will be shut down!
In Jesus name I ask these things, Amen
Kelly

redhead57

posted March 7, 2008 at 12:09 am

I would be interested in finding out about the author page when it gets up and running.

sam

posted May 10, 2008 at 1:13 pm

plz send me id and password on sameepkaushik11@rediffmail.com bcoz i forgot it

Beliefnet_Tiger

posted May 11, 2008 at 1:25 am

Sam,
Please send an email to the Community mailbox:
community@staff.beliefnet.com
Beliefnet_Tiger
Community Monitor
Beliefnet.com

Original angel

posted August 29, 2008 at 3:48 pm

Hi I have not being able to find a group that define what I’m atempting to create in groups. I find all sort of religen and groups but no one desing for a examination of what is religen, what we aim to get through, or a context were dialog of the subject can be open and explored.
can you help me and if so could you indicate to me how to add to thelist.?
thanks
original angel

The Election Results
Are you satisfied with the results in the recent American elections? Share your opinion with others in the Beliefnet Community.

posted 12:00:00am Nov. 04, 2010 | read full post »

The Community News Blog Is Back!
Beliefnet is happy to announce the return of the Community News Blog! You'll find a wide range of topics covered in this blog. Be sure to check out the latest forums, contests, and photo galleries that will all be highlighted here. What do YOU want to see in future entries? Share with us your though

posted 12:00:00am Nov. 03, 2010 | read full post »

Pay It Forward
How do you offer a helping hand to those in your own community? Share how you pay it forward to your friends and neighbors. Have you worked in a soup kitchen? | Discuss moral issues | Beliefnet Community

posted 12:00:00am Sep. 12, 2010 | read full post »

Where Were You on Sept. 11?
Historic, tragic events often are seared into the collective memory of a nation such as the attack on Pearl Harbor, the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy and the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., or the Challenger explosion. For millions, a mild September morning nine years ago also became

posted 12:00:00am Sep. 11, 2010 | read full post »

Fla. Pastor Cancels Quran Burning on 9/11
Florida pastor Terry Jones said his church is suspending plans to burn copies of the Quran on the ninth anniversary of Sept. 11. But it remains unclear if it will take place on another day. The Rev. Terry Jones defied international condemnation by resisting to drop the plans announced earlier this s

posted 4:00:00am Sep. 10, 2010 | read full post »