UPDATE: Another eyewitness claims to have been at Baharestan Square and saw no violence, though the scene was “tense”. At this point it is impossible to know what to believe. We have to wait for the mainstream media to do their thing and try to use other sources to corroborate.
Oh my god, if this is confirmed then today was Tehran’s version of Tianenmen square: a massive and indiscriminate slauhgter of civilians by the Basij militia in Baharestan square:
Summary of the points made by the distraught caller to CNN:
- More than 10.000 Bassij Milittias get position in Central Tehran, including Baharestan Sq.
- Army Helycopters flying over Baharestan and Vali Asr Sq.
- The streets, squares and around BAHARESTAN (Approx. South-eastern of Tehran) is swarming with military forces, civilian forces, the security motorists
- The croud have moved to the south of baharestan, the situation is bad, the shooting has started
- In Baharestan Sq. in the Police shooting, A girl is shot and the police is not allowing to let them help
- In Baharestan we saw militia with axe choping people like meat – blood everywhere – like butcher
Twitter is starting to fill up with unconfirmed reports as well, including some tweets that similar violence is going on at Lalazar Square and other points within the city.
None of this is confirmed so we have to wait and see. If its even half true it’s a nightmare.