Chattering Mind

Chattering Mind

Websites to Visit, Blogs to Read

posted by acunningham

soulcollage.jpgHere are some blogs and websites I like. It’s not a complete list. But it’s a start.
The first is called New Moon Journal and it is written by Michele Bailey-Lessirard, a life coach, collage artist, and “shamanic astrologer.” On the opening page of her site, you’ll find a little slide show of her amazing, healing artwork (which she encourages you to do alongside her). As a longtime lover of the work of Joseph Cornell and Kurt Schwitters, I too believe that arranging collage images on paper is “spirit” work. Intuition reigns supreme as you connect with what feels aligned and right, and you’ll learn ways to connect with your shadow, as well as your most divine self. So visit Michele, “a student of symbols and feminine mysteries,” try some collage work, and start following the moon as closely as she does. Her blog is excellent.
Another “symbolist” and student of calendars is the ever-fruitful, gorgeous font of wisdom Waverly Fitzgerald, creator of SchooloftheSeasons.com. Unique is the right word. I feel I couldn’t have written this blog without her. Visit her site to strengthen your connection to religious/spiritual holidays and the organizing principal of ritual. Waverly also blogs about flowers. And passion. And love.
Then there’s Caroline Casey’s site The Coyote News Network. Man, watch out! As we edge into a political year, it will be impossible for Caroline not to froth! She’s a divinely-connected female John Stewart–she’s also the beloved sister of novelist John Casey, a writer I knew at the University of Virginia. Caroline, who I met through my pal Shelley Ackerman, has a “Visionary Activist” radio show that’s unlike anything else you’ll hear. Fun, passionate, fired-up! I think you’ll want to check in with her periodically.
Thanks to all the people in the last two years who have given me courage and support: my husband, Beliefnet.com co-founder, Steven Waldman, my kids, my sister Kathryn Janus, my loving dad and my precious in-laws, my editor Valerie Reiss, the whole Beliefnet.com edit staff, Frances and Chris Stahnke, Domenick Masiello, Nell Minow, Laura Stanley, Myra Klockenbrink, Cristy West, Kathleen Currie, Lisa Schamess, Marianne Szegedy-Maszak, Teresa Riordan, Sheila Kaplan, Art Levine, Laurie Sue Brockway, Vic Fuhrman, Lama Surya Das, Elizabeth Lesser, Jim Kullander, and all you readers.
Again, send your email addresses to me at ChatteringMind@beliefnetstaff.com, and I’ll find you again! (Remember that great scene where Daniel Day-Lewis screams “Stay alive! Do whatever you have to do to stay alive. I’LL FIND YOU” as he leaves his new girlfriend and jumps down a cliff in “The Last of the Mohicans”?) Continue to read Beliefnet.com. It is not a Christian site, by the way. I guess it’s just that the Christians are noisier. The Holistic Spirituality page of the site remains an excellent meeting place, and is always a good place to find articles.
Onwards!

Linda M Bemis

posted July 27, 2007 at 6:30 pm

Most people don’t realize the the mind is too busy. Thoughts race in and it can be difficult for some to change the thought. I use a vision in the mind. The breath won’t be enough for beginners. Meditative thought with water, color and become more advanced with smell and sound. A word to focus on in the mind will work. Calm, relax and sleep are words to focus on in the mind. Change the focus and be determined. Effort is needed and a little practice will help with the process.

Anonymous Also

posted July 27, 2007 at 10:01 pm

NO, NO, NO, YOU CAN’T LEAVE!!! :-)
Who else is going to mention me (in previous posts) without following with “is an annoying troll” (like on another blog on this site), because I didn’t tread The Official Party Line???
Does this mean I have to feed my own ego?? ;)
Oh — uh, OK… :-)
Good Luck,

Therese

posted July 28, 2007 at 10:54 pm

Amy. I loved reading you. Good luck in all you do. –Therese

linda

posted July 29, 2007 at 12:46 am

i will miss you writings…

stephanie

posted August 1, 2007 at 3:24 pm

bye. thank you for sharing your gift.
blessings!
‘be calm, be strong, be grateful.’ The Baha’i Writings

susan1971

posted August 16, 2007 at 1:14 am

ok i have no clue where to put this blog but here goes..i have a problem my mum was brought up with your beliefs and her mum was hooked on it but yet she lied and lied to my mother and her sisters and brother about family history..she also gave my mum and her sisters away and kept the boy for years my mum was angry and depressed and she never got over what happen to her. my mums sisters are still alive but the boy left and no one has seen him for 30 years..i need medical information as my daughter is sick but do you think my mums sister will tell me anything??? she is also hooked on your beliefs but yet she will not help me find out about their father and i need to find out about him but it makes me angry that she tells people how much she loves your church but yet wont talk about family or medical things..so all i know is that my mums mother was a nasty evil lady who slept with different men and yet told people she was a so called wonderful person who never did anything wrong…so how do i get my mums sister to do the right thing and tell me what she knows because i know she kept in contact with the mother until the day she passed away so how do i get her to tell the truth about my mums father?? i cant find him anywhere and im startin to think that it was just a name that was put on my mums birth certificate as she really had no idea who my mums father was..so this is why i come to you hopin someone can help me..please

Donna Neal

posted September 28, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Can you help me.
My name is Donna Neal.
I recently moved to a new town and know no-one. My daughter is on the run from the law and has left me with a $40,000.00 bail.
When we moved my cat died 5 minutes before we got to the new house.
My brother Danny died 06/30/07 in England, I tried to get a flight but my green card was in my maiden name and my passport in my married name.
I had a lot of trouble with the immigration.
One week later my other brother Raymond died in Belfast, Ireland.
He was buried on my birthday, I did not make it for the funeral.
I am feeling isolated, alone, sad, angry, you name it I feel it.
Can you help me and direct me to some kind of outlet for all this pain before it is too late. The depression is so bad I cannot focus on anything and feel so alone. My poor husband does not understand why I am so defeated he has seen me go through much hardships in the past and I always made it through, it is different this time I feel helpless.Please help.
dmn

joyce

posted November 26, 2007 at 8:40 am

amy, im very new to this but, wanted you to know i enjoyed your writing. it made so much sense to me. i work everyday not to be the chatter person. i get frustrated because other people want me to be that way. it took me years to learn that i was pleasing others all of the time and not myself. my talking, being the life of the party ect.. was my way of hiding my true self. i look at it as “work in progress at all times” same thing with depression or problems its one little step at a time. sometimes big steps sometimes little shuffels. just keep going on.. thank you again, joyce

Alan

posted July 26, 2008 at 7:30 am

interesting..

lelogi

posted July 22, 2011 at 8:02 am

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Chattering Mind. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:09:39am Jul. 10, 2012 | read full post »

CM's Final Posts: You Can Fill the Space
Eighteen years ago, I wrote an article for a magazine that got me called in for a taped interview with a Fox TV morning news anchor. Being an effective communicator and a skillful public speaker was a dream of mine at the time. And still is. After some 30 minutes of prep with the station's hair-and-

posted 3:14:59pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Still Posted at My Desk
"Take off from here. And don't be so earnest, let others wear the sackcloth and the ashes. Let go, let fly, forget. You've listened long enough. Now strike your note." From "Station Island," by Seamus Heaney

posted 1:13:33pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

And Finally, This:
Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at

posted 11:30:38am Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Don't Pierce Your Belly Button
I caught the following conversation between two pretty women in the ladies' room of a Manhattan restaurant. One of the women was pregnant. And she said, "So my acupuncturist made me take the ring out of my belly button." "Really?" her friend exclaimed. "Yeah, he said, 'Let's give this baby a chance.

posted 3:04:04pm Jul. 26, 2007 | read full post »