Chattering Mind

Chattering Mind

Is Soy Making Our Children Gay?

posted by Chattering Mind

I know soy messes with estrogen, but this strikes me as extreme. Here’s the conservative Jim Rutz writing for World Net Daily, revving readers up to eat less soy:

Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to a decrease in the size of the to a decrease in the size of the penis, sexual confusion and homosexuality. That’s why most of the medical (not socio-spiritual) blame for today’s rise in homosexuality must fall upon the rise in soy formula and other soy products. (Most babies are bottle-fed during some part of their infancy, and one-fourth of them are getting soy milk!)

Homosexuals often argue that their homosexuality is inborn because “I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t homosexual.” No, homosexuality is always deviant. But now many of them can truthfully say that they can’t remember a time when excess estrogen wasn’t influencing them.

What do you say to this?

Eevie Keys

posted December 19, 2006 at 2:13 pm

That he’s an idiot who has no idea what he’s talking about. Nothing MAKES you gay. You’re born gay. (I should know.) He’s simply making it more difficult for us by filling people’s heads with this untested theories (that make no sense) that he presents as fact.

MaidenElf

posted December 19, 2006 at 3:07 pm

If eating soy makes people gay, then wouldn’t cultures who eat lots of soy have a preponderance of gay men? Does China have an overpopulation of gay males? I don’t think so. What a crock of crap.

krista white

posted December 19, 2006 at 3:10 pm

What about all the babies that didn’t get soy milk? I find it really interesting that as a society, we are in a position of facing every one of our judgemental attitudes(gays, border issues, muslims), just as the Pluto in Virgo generation is getting old enough to hold positions of power and influence. I noticed that no longitudinal studies were cited by Mr. Rutz. That’s because as far as I could find, there are none! So until we have proof validated by science, making such a claim is just hysteria mongering. It gets just enough people riled up into a foamy mouthed frenzy, to make life miserable for some other “undesirable” group. When you look at our behavior, it’s hard not to make the comparison to children on a playground. Much Love and Light,

Robert

posted December 19, 2006 at 4:59 pm

I am a Chinese, lived in Korea (10 years) and Japan (10 years), where soy bean products are the major sources of proteins, because red meats are so unaffordable. Soy products are important foods, not for health reasons as how we value them in the US. I can assure you that homosexuals are rarely found in these countries.

Shelby

posted December 19, 2006 at 6:59 pm

I think he is full of it! Dairy milk is bad for you. Soy is a great alternative to dairy. It is a good source of calcium and protein. I don’t think soy is going to turn anyone gay. If people are gay then that’s their choice. I don’t see how soy could shrink a penis either. My husband is a big soy consumer and he does not have a small penis!

Deb

posted December 19, 2006 at 9:47 pm

Robert, I think you might be very surprised about that.

Roger

posted December 20, 2006 at 1:38 am

He never states that cow milk is full of hormones. It is known that if young men eat too much beef, they will grow breasts because of all the female hormones. (BHT I think). So shove that in your yogurt shake Mr. Rutz!

Jen

posted December 20, 2006 at 1:37 pm

How do we explain cases of homosexuality before soy formula was fed to babies, and breast feeding was the norm – say, hundreds of years ago? Homosexuality is genetically determined, not a case of feeding babies the wrong nutrients. Sounds like a conservative excuse to persecute vegetarianism too, as well as homosexuals. The two are not necessarily related, nor should either be persecuted. Should we blame war on carnivores?

Sarah

posted December 20, 2006 at 2:18 pm

Awww, someone needs his mommy, because all I am hearing is,”I am so afraid of my own femininity!” Ignorance. Seriously. SOY? Phytoestrogens are “to blame” for being gay? Ok then.

Stacey-Robin

posted December 20, 2006 at 3:02 pm

LOL! Soy=Homosexuality???? Hilarious! That’s right up there with ‘coffee makes you black’ and ‘masturbation leads to blindness’! Good Lord!!!! LOL Wack-a-doos of the world: Unite and Fight Soy! Damn the AIDS epidemic, Global Warming and World War–Soy induced homosexuality is the real menace.

jenn

posted December 20, 2006 at 6:19 pm

that is simply ridiculous * nothing makes you gay but being born that way or maybe being sexually abused or something, not soy!

Gloria

posted December 21, 2006 at 6:01 pm

THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF. I GUESS SOME PEOPLE JUST HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS AND HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT WRITE STUPID STUFF.

cheryl

posted December 22, 2006 at 12:30 am

both of my son’s were fed from the bottle, and they both turned out ok. yeah right, and which side of the bottle was he drinking from. soy does not make you gay or decrease your penis size either. soy in your age for us older people only helps us with our hearts, if we are younger, it helps people have a girlier figure. and soy for babies helps them to be able to stomach milk. it does not deturme them gay. your only says this because you have not researched what soy does to the human body. and i don’t believe you gay anyway. and if you are, well just this i will not condem you if you are. i will only petty you for choosing a life that GOD didnot make for you.

Daijinryuu

posted December 23, 2006 at 11:18 am

Lol. Maybe I should make soy a good portion of my diet so I can become feminine as the conservative right thinks I should be, instead of being the very-masculine (assexual) tomboy that I am.

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Chattering Mind. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:09:39am Jul. 10, 2012 | read full post »

CM's Final Posts: You Can Fill the Space
Eighteen years ago, I wrote an article for a magazine that got me called in for a taped interview with a Fox TV morning news anchor. Being an effective communicator and a skillful public speaker was a dream of mine at the time. And still is. After some 30 minutes of prep with the station's hair-and-

posted 3:14:59pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Websites to Visit, Blogs to Read
Here are some blogs and websites I like. It's not a complete list. But it's a start. The first is called New Moon Journal and it is written by Michele Bailey-Lessirard, a life coach, collage artist, and "shamanic astrologer." On the opening page of her site, you'll find a little slide show of her am

posted 1:24:03pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Still Posted at My Desk
"Take off from here. And don't be so earnest, let others wear the sackcloth and the ashes. Let go, let fly, forget. You've listened long enough. Now strike your note." From "Station Island," by Seamus Heaney

posted 1:13:33pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

And Finally, This:
Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at

posted 11:30:38am Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »