* A diet rich in cayenne-spiced chili can protect against the formation of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
* When you add a teaspoon of cinnamon to contaminated apple juice, the E. coli can be reduced as much as 99.5 percent in three days.
* Oregano is an anti-oxidant.
* Rosemary has phytochemicals that can help in the treatment of arthritis.
* Turmeric is an antioxidant that can protect against cancer, lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and increase insulin sensitivity.
Sign up here for more of Third Age’s goodies and healthy tidbits.