Chattering Mind

Chattering Mind

O.J.’s New Low

posted by Chattering Mind

I don’t know if you’ve got plans the evenings of November 27th and 29th, but you may well be struggling with a weighty decision: whether or not to lower yourself enough to watch O.J. Simpson talking on Fox about how he would have murdered his wife and her friend Ron Goldman if he had murdered them, but didn’t murder them, you see.

Then on November 30th, ReganBooks–owned by Fox’s mothership, News Corps–will release a new book by Simpson in time for the holidays, “O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here’s How It Happened,” in which he will freely elaborate upon some of his ideas.

Any takers?

J

posted November 16, 2006 at 2:52 pm

I don’t want to give it any energy..You won’t find me anywhere near it..

Sarah

posted November 16, 2006 at 3:24 pm

I agree with J…no go..

daria

posted November 16, 2006 at 7:52 pm

Ditto. I heard today that the Mr. Goldman and Nicole Brown’s sister have publicy asked people to boycott the Fox show and the publisher, Regan Books. I’m in. I find Simpson’s behavior so reprehensible that even that doesn’t describe it sufficiently.

Tabby

posted November 16, 2006 at 8:49 pm

I wouldn’t buy it anyway. Seriously this makes me want to puke.

peg danford

posted November 17, 2006 at 1:32 am

I would rather clean the oven, wash the car or patch the roof in a rainstorm!! Let’s take the price we would have paid for the book and send it to Ron Goldman’s family! Anyone have an address for me?

Joey

posted November 17, 2006 at 2:18 am

Am I wrong, or is O.J. still raising his and Nicole’s kids? Won’t this be just a WEE bit damaging for them? Can’t Son of Sam Laws be applied to people never-convicted-of-but-obviously-guilty-of crimes?I don’t know if those kids are still under eighteen, but if so, they should be taken out of Simpson’s custody. God bless.

Gina

posted November 17, 2006 at 3:16 pm

this man is waving his guilty a$$ in front of the faces of the victims’ families, the community, and the justice system and screaming “Na nana nana na!” the whole case turned into a racial circus as soon as it hit the courtroom, sadly it lost it’s focus on the actual issue which was the horrible and wrongful deaths of two people.i will not only NOT be buying this book, i will NOT watching this program. i am made physically ill by this man.

Tim Wise

posted November 17, 2006 at 6:55 pm

It’s sick. Unbelieveable. This guy should have the good sense to hide out for the rest of his life. I won’t give it any energy. Maybe if we ignore him he will go away.

Amy

posted November 17, 2006 at 9:44 pm

I can’t imagine why he would do this to his children. They are the eternal victims in this crime and though they may be all grown up I truly hope that they don’t turn on the television that night. What must his life be like that he would think that this would be a good idea. The anger we express is using as much energy as it would to tune in. I think we all say a prayer for the families and move on.

Jane

posted November 17, 2006 at 11:37 pm

Gee, I hate to miss it, but I’ve got a root canal appt. Jane

Carolyn

posted November 19, 2006 at 5:03 pm

This reminds me of the story of the Invisable cloak. The prince was convinced he was clothed, when he was naked. O.J. is really naked! The Universe is giving back to him what he put out there. How very,very sad to have such darkness in his soal.I cannot watch, I pray that others will not either. Thanks for letting me share……CC

marcy

posted November 20, 2006 at 12:00 am

For shame, this man is actually going to make money telling people what really happened under the guise of fiction. He should have been behind bars years ago. NO I will not read the book Nor watch the show on FOX

daria

posted November 21, 2006 at 12:57 am

Bravo, Rupert Murdoch, for pulling the plug on the book and interview both.

Daddy

posted November 23, 2006 at 1:53 pm

Speaking hypothetically of course, somebody needs to take action on this mother fucker. Where are the extremists when we actually need one. This mother fucker is making a fuckin’ mockery of our legal system. One of the fundamental aspects of our society. He’s a fuckin’ killer, everybody knows it, and he’s walking around free. If that’s not enough, now he’s shovin’ that shit into the faces of the victim’s families and the rest of the nation. It is damn well time a vigilante steps up and takes care of this shit. All we need is one good crazy mother fuckin ex-marine style mother fucker. In my opinion the best way to hypothetically do it would be public execution style assassination. Find out where this fucker plays golf. Find a clear line of site to one of the driving areas. Wait for him to tee up. And take his fuck ass out with a high powered sniper rifle. It will take the police at least twenty minutes to figure what direction the shot came from. And that’s if our ex-marine isn’t using a silencer. Plenty of time to escape. And as far as prosecution goes. I think the entire country has a motive for killing his ass right now. So if he got out of killing two people when he was basically caught red handed, I think our man could get off as well, if he’s caught. I am hypothetically begging for someone to stand up and take action on this man. I think it would be a patriotic act. Don’t let this man continue to mock our society so openly. I’d stand up and do it myself, but I have neither the proper training nor the nerve for this sort of job. But someone out there does. And I hypothetically hope that someone does. Daddy

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Chattering Mind. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:09:39am Jul. 10, 2012 | read full post »

CM's Final Posts: You Can Fill the Space
Eighteen years ago, I wrote an article for a magazine that got me called in for a taped interview with a Fox TV morning news anchor. Being an effective communicator and a skillful public speaker was a dream of mine at the time. And still is. After some 30 minutes of prep with the station's hair-and-

posted 3:14:59pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Websites to Visit, Blogs to Read
Here are some blogs and websites I like. It's not a complete list. But it's a start. The first is called New Moon Journal and it is written by Michele Bailey-Lessirard, a life coach, collage artist, and "shamanic astrologer." On the opening page of her site, you'll find a little slide show of her am

posted 1:24:03pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Still Posted at My Desk
"Take off from here. And don't be so earnest, let others wear the sackcloth and the ashes. Let go, let fly, forget. You've listened long enough. Now strike your note." From "Station Island," by Seamus Heaney

posted 1:13:33pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

And Finally, This:
Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at

posted 11:30:38am Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »