Chattering Mind

Chattering Mind

Breast in Mouth Looks Good to Me

posted by chattering mind

Check out the cute photograph that has disgusted some 5,000 complaining readers of BabyTalk magazine. Oh, what a world, what a world!

Joey

posted August 5, 2006 at 2:19 am

I don’t know about the five thousand people, but to me this specific pose seems…I don’t know. I think it would have looked better if you could see the woman holding the baby or something—this seems almost too “in your face,” if you know what I mean. God bless!>

Krishna "Tazo" Shere

posted August 5, 2006 at 3:20 am

Dudes and divas, what is so appalling about a picture of breast feeding that is on the cover of a baby care magazine?!?!? Are we going Victorian again, going down prude’s alley? I’m young, almost 20, from a mixed liberal/conservative background. This pose is au natural, it is NATURAL. Why are we so squemish against that? Does man think he is above nature now, that nature is barbarian?>

Rick

posted August 5, 2006 at 2:30 pm

This is what God and nature intended the breast to do. It is perfectly natural and should be considered natural and an absolute necessity and benifit for the baby. Except that a large part of society has opt for the bottle and an artificial formula that actually takes away the natural benefits and immune properties of breast milk. Man and men have, with their little, preverted minds made the female breast into a non-functioning sex symbol. Too bad they have such a short sited sense of priotieties. So men take your little penises in hand and shake it extra hard, and stroke it one time for what is right and leave the breast where it belongs in the mouths-of-babes. Rick, A 62 yr old hopeful for the future of all…breast fed or not>

daria

posted August 5, 2006 at 10:17 pm

I find the picture delightful; it’s the page layout that’s giving me hives. (awful awful composition!) This aside, I’m guessing they got just what they wanted: buzz. Bully for babytalk.>

Kathy

posted August 6, 2006 at 1:49 am

Better to have a breast in your mouth than a foot……..>

Iris Alantiel

posted August 6, 2006 at 2:24 pm

From the Yahoo! News article: “There is a real puritanical streak in America,” Moran told AFP. “You see celebrities practically baring their breasts all the time and no one seems to mind in this sort of sexual context. “But in this very natural context of feeding your child, a lot of Americans are very uncomfortable with it.” *throws up hands in utter confusion*>

Ahimsaka

posted August 6, 2006 at 9:58 pm

When Krishna was but a mere babe, as was Moses, Jesus, Mohamed, Sakyamuni, and many other world and spiritual leaders, their mothers would often feed them where they were when it was time to be fed. For to say God’s design reeks with disgust, especially one meant to give life and natural defense against disease, truly disgusts me. We must show love and appreciation to these mothers who rather feed their babies the real stuff instead of manmade formula and the milk of another creature. (No disrepect to the cow or lamb, tho!!)>

Kathy

posted August 7, 2006 at 4:48 am

Let’s not forget there are some mothers who, even though they may want to, for whatever reason, are unable to breastfeed. They don’t deserve to be dissed.>

trista

posted August 7, 2006 at 4:30 pm

It is a natrual thing to breast feed your baby. It also protects your baby from all kinds of things in the beginning of the infants life. I know there are some mothers who can’t breast feed and there are alternatives for them. But if you don’t like the picture or don’t like seeing a mother breast feed in public, leave or turn and look the other way.>

Marnie age 64

posted August 7, 2006 at 5:09 pm

Breast and Babe are meant to be attached, it is the design of nature. Most young people are shy to be seen breatfeeding in the beginning but after a while it becomes natural. You could have used a better picture but cuddoes for putting breast feeding on the front cover.>

thelma

posted August 7, 2006 at 5:14 pm

I see nothing wrong with the photo. No nipple is showing nor the woman’s face. Just part of a round loving breast with a baby’s mouth against it(he’s hungry). My son was breast fed as was I. You were probably too. Did your mom think it looked gross? Its natural and more mothers should try it.>

Rhonda

posted August 7, 2006 at 5:44 pm

I think it is a beautiful picture. I have never understood the hoopla against breastfeeding in public. I also dislike the shaming of women who cannot breastfeed. We are a strange nation – uptight about nudity and maybe too permissive about sexual exhibitionism, though I think we should worry more about violent images than nudity or sex.>

Ruby

posted August 7, 2006 at 6:14 pm

If something so fundamently natural as a Mother breast feeding is conaidered disgusting,then I feel sorry for these people. Pop stars and star want to bes prance the stage shaking it for all they’ve got for their own gratifcation and no one is up in arms.God created our body to carry and feed our babies. I don’t know maybe it’s a envy thing.>

eleonore

posted August 7, 2006 at 7:38 pm

How sad for the 5000 who could use a little help in softening their rigid thinking. Some say: wake up it is 2006. I say that it is and was always complete BEAUTY to see a baby being nurtured and nursed by its mother. I nurtured my babies in 1952 and 1959 and did not give it a thought what others might think.Eleonore>

Daughtershow (Lisa)

posted August 7, 2006 at 8:25 pm

Funny how a completely naked woman and the cover of Maxim Magazine showing just as much breast as this picture is considered A-Ok. Maxim doesn’t even have to plastic wrap their ‘zines at the stands but the sight of a child recieving nourishment from the appropriat source is somehow repugnant to some? I bet those same people aren’t offended by pictures of baby cows or horses at their mother’s teat. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…Rome is Burning>

Dalyce Pulley

posted August 7, 2006 at 9:21 pm

I see NOTHING wrong with the picture. Cover girls selling Cars or Designer Jeans have shown more. I think it is beautiful just as a pregnant woman is beautiful. My children were breastfed. Luckily, I worked for Children’s Hospital in wdc. We had special pumping rooms so we could keep giving our babies the best there is, without embarrassment.>

Anonymous

posted August 8, 2006 at 2:47 am

I think the picture is sweet. Frankly, the first thing that caught my eye was the baby’s face and eyes, then the suckling. Honestly! It’s a baby magazine! And I was not offended, even though I was unable to breast feed my first child (bad infection) and chose to bottle feed the second. It’s just a sweet picture!>

anonymous

posted August 8, 2006 at 3:36 am

What more perfect way could there be to depict the purpose of a woman’s body……with all the focus on implants and showing of breasts to ecourage sexual thoughts in today’s day and age…..I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder still holds true…..being sexy has it’s merits as does the fact that we as humans are gifted to nourish those first days of life…..both with natural defenses and the beauty and warmth that only holding close can provide….the peaceful and content look on the babies face says it all….and it’s on a BABY MAGAZINE….Where else might this be appropriate?>

Cathy

posted August 9, 2006 at 2:06 am

In this world of violence, hate, sexual content everywhere and nothing but negative news these days, why is this so offensive? A baby and it’s mother in a natural pose is one of the more beautiful visuals I’ve seen in a while.>

Marge

posted August 9, 2006 at 4:52 am

Jeepers, creepers! what a bunch of hypocrocy! what will Americans complain of next? Grown men are on the breasts every day somewhere why not the babes who need it most? May God help America.>

More blogs to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Chattering Mind. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:09:39am Jul. 10, 2012 | read full post »

CM's Final Posts: You Can Fill the Space
Eighteen years ago, I wrote an article for a magazine that got me called in for a taped interview with a Fox TV morning news anchor. Being an effective communicator and a skillful public speaker was a dream of mine at the time. And still is. After some 30 minutes of prep with the station's hair-and-

posted 3:14:59pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Websites to Visit, Blogs to Read
Here are some blogs and websites I like. It's not a complete list. But it's a start. The first is called New Moon Journal and it is written by Michele Bailey-Lessirard, a life coach, collage artist, and "shamanic astrologer." On the opening page of her site, you'll find a little slide show of her am

posted 1:24:03pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

Still Posted at My Desk
"Take off from here. And don't be so earnest, let others wear the sackcloth and the ashes. Let go, let fly, forget. You've listened long enough. Now strike your note." From "Station Island," by Seamus Heaney

posted 1:13:33pm Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »

And Finally, This:
Place your burden at the feet of the Lord of the Universe who accomplishes everything. Remain all the time steadfast in the heart, in the Transcendental Absolute. God knows the past, present and future. He will determine the future for you and accomplish the work. What is to be done will be done at

posted 11:30:38am Jul. 27, 2007 | read full post »