Changing Channels

Changing Channels

Thoughts & Prayers For President, His Family

posted by mattaug

Barack Obama

Apologies to those of you who don’t visit the Beliefnet site for politics, as I am going to wade into the subject again.

This time to offer my thoughts and prayers for President Obama and his family.

Although the president appeared by many to be disinterested and disconnected in the first debate with Mitt Romney he just looked exhausted and on ‘E’ by the end of the third.

It’s not a knock, but rather just the reality of entering the position when a worldwide economic crisis struck and ending a four-year term with foreign policy “challenges” that seem to be getting more difficult and controversial by the day.

To maintain and grow in a marriage and as a father during this time must have been extraordinarily hard, so he deserves our thoughts and prayers in his work and life.

If he loses the election, I hope he can enjoy his post-presidential life with Michelle and his two wonderful daughters. If Obama wins again, here’s hoping he has the courage and strength to lead this great nation!

Anonymous

posted November 3, 2012 at 9:49 pm

My comment is this I will not vote for obama or pray for him and his family he don’t beleave in our flag he hates amicans and after all I have been reading about what he wants to do to our country you have got to be kidding I hope he loses and also this is my last night on your sight and I really enjoyed it until I now know that you back obama.

L Dunmeyer

posted November 3, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Obama jeopardizes my husbands job and wants to control EPA…He is in agreement with abortion,and wants to turn our great country into a socialist country.What do we really know about this man? Beware of wolves in sheep’s clothing!!!No matter who becomes president, Jesus is still King!

mattaug

posted November 3, 2012 at 1:10 pm

unfortunately Lori, many leaders today don’t have Godly principles but aren’t there ways we all behave that are at times unGodly? I’m not a supporter of his but he’s still the president …

mattaug

posted November 3, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Good point Mary…prayers ALL the way around to president and Gov. Romney, Gov. Johnson etc. REALLY good point on headline, I totally meant FOR president and have made that correction … thanks!

Elfi

posted November 2, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Does anybody know a Christian website which demonstrates Christian values only. As my believes and Obama don’t mix I will unsubscribe from beliefnet.

Laura L

posted November 2, 2012 at 7:53 pm

We have a president who believes in a government of the people, by the people and for the people and I hope he continues to lead us!

Your Name

posted November 2, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Mr. President, I am praying for you and your faily. I truly think that you are doing a good job, you had a lot dumped on you when you took office in 2008. The Bible says to pray without ceasing. i,m praying that you will be relected because only you and the grace of God can take this country Forward.People need to be more informed about Mitt Romney, if he gets elected God help us. Kathie G

Lynn

posted November 2, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I almost unsubscribed Beliefnet after comments about Joy Behar. There is just simply no time now for people to judge or be unkind.

There is only this moment to reveal what defines each of us. And it’s either loving or it’s not.

I love and bless both candidates and trust that whatever happens does so for the highest good of all!

I’m not a Christian but I have certainty that Jesus would not judge, berate or postulate.

How you do anything is how you do everything. Best to start loving, forgiving and being kind NOW.

M.J. Tutt

posted November 2, 2012 at 5:03 pm

i pray for all of us to show gratitude for our many blessings and patience with the efforts made by our president to recover from the economic shambles he inherited. It took MANY MORE Years THAN FOUR for the country to come out of the depression in the 1930’s. The population reelected FDR so he had an opportunity to work his programs — and the country survived and did well!

Mary

posted November 2, 2012 at 4:17 pm

The headline is scary enough. Are you praying TO the president? That is SO wrong.
I hope to see something very soon in which you pray FOR Gov. Romney. Maybe the day after that you could offer a prayer for the several other candidates for our nation’s highest office.

Lori

posted November 2, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I will also be unsubscribing. This was a classless attempt at politicizing. Of course we should pray for our leaders. But this election is also about electing president with godly principles. I am very dissappointed in your cheap trick but I’m glad I know how you are so I can quit getting your propaganda

GC1

posted November 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Beliefnet, you wrote:

That will be … STRAINGTH TO TOTAL DESTRUCTION!

WAKE UP PEOPLE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE and GOD SAVE AMERICA!

Shame on you Beliefnet for praising the Pretender-in-Chief and hoping for four more years of his lies!

Sandra Mason

posted November 2, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I’m with you Cathy. I’m also unsubscribing! Shame on them!

Mr. Mark

posted November 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Shame on you Beliefnet, shame shame for mixing the two and taking a side. I am also unsubscribing for this major direction.

Sandra Mason

posted November 2, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Pray for him? You’ve got to be kidding. He hates America. Why should I pray for a Muslim?

Cathy

posted November 2, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Are you serious….I mistook this site as a spiritual, Christian based site. Obviously I was mistaken. I will be unsubscribing now. That you could back a man whose values have no moral, or Christian basis…I am apalled.

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Changing Channels. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter

posted 9:45:41am Dec. 20, 2012 | read full post »

This TV Critic Hopes Twitter Is Here To Stay!
A recent newspaper article that indicated Twitter is some kind of fad that could come and go in the next few years seems kind of sad to me. The great equalizer in our society isn't economic or legal or anythin

posted 5:04:10pm Dec. 12, 2012 | read full post »

Missing Sammy Davis Jr., Twinkies
I just noticed that the late, great Sammy Davis Jr's birthday, Dec. 8, came and went over the weekend. I miss the talented man, who broke down racial barriers through high great singing, dancing and even acting skills. Yes, even the latter, as judged by his appearance on the TV classic "All in

posted 8:22:23am Dec. 12, 2012 | read full post »

Daymond John Is One Cool 'Shark'
Inspiring people who are role-models are often difficult to come by when it comes to today’s television shows. Programs are often so full of rude, crude and offensive behavior from people with the same qualit

posted 1:39:27pm Dec. 10, 2012 | read full post »

On Thin Ice: Are NHL Owners Bargaining In Good Faith With Players?
I'm a strange 'cat', I'll admit it. Just ab0ut completely broke all the time, yet I am as conservative as the day is long. And I always will be. In a similar way, I have always been among the working middle class, or poor, lol, but tend to see things in the owner's point of view in many res

posted 6:23:34pm Dec. 07, 2012 | read full post »