Changing Channels

Changing Channels

Sharon Osbourne Leaving AGT A Year Late

posted by mattaug

Sharon Osbourne

Sharon Osbourne is probably leaving America’s Got Talent a season too late, in my opinion.

In her seventh season at AGT, Osbourne’s comments to contestants and her laugh/cackle have gotten a bit old and stale.

That may sound offensive, but she did parlay being Ozzy’s wife and ex-reality show star into a nice and handsomely-paying gig on AGT.

And Osborne was pretty good for a time. But you know what? So were Piers Morgan and David Hasselhoff before her and they were replaced.

Heck, even Jerry Springer was once the host of AGT and as repulsive a TV personality he can be was OK in the position.

But with the superlative comedic and dancing ability of Nick Cannon it’s hard to even remember that Springer was even once WITH the show.

And eventually that’s how it will be with Osbourne, who reportedly isn’t happy that Howard Stern is making a chunk more money that she is with the show, even though she’s also a co-host of a daytime talk show. Osbourne likely got the job due to her AGT fame.

She also may not have been thrilled AGT moved its set to Newark to be closer to Howard’s work, forgetting that Stern, for all his faults, has probably made the program more popular than ever.

The fact her son Jack was removed as potential host of a new NBC reality show only greased the skids even more for Sharon Osbourne’s departure from AGT.

Endings can be good, but they are more often tinged with a bit of nastyness.

Goodbye Sharon, you will be missed … but only for a short time!

Diane

posted September 14, 2012 at 9:38 am

I am actually sorry to see Sharon leave. She was the glue to keep the ‘boys’ calmed down.
I cannot think of anyone at all who can fill her shoes that would impress me. I really, really liked Piers and wish he were back. I love Howie Mandell. Don’t really think I like Howard much. He was iffy. I love AGT and I do hope it keeps going. Will miss you Sharon!!

Your Name

posted August 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Jodi, just because times have supposedly changed that doesn’t justify “bad” behavior. It’s easy to fall into a trap and find Ozzy and Sharon cute and fuzzbally like you obviously have, but the fact is he has negatively affected many, many teenagers with his “music”, including time with Black Sabbath. By supporting him she has also supported what he’s done with his life. BN is free to do article it did showing him in a positive light, we all can have positive aspects of ourselves, but it’s my hope for the Osbournes that they turn to Christ for forgiveness and salvation … it’s our only hope! I am not perfect, but Jesus sure is!

Dian

posted August 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Sharon. run as fast as u can, you have much better opportunities in the future. Yoou do not have to lower yourself to stay on that show with Stern. You have many intelligent followers that adore you!. Bless your heart and God Bless your family Fuck the rest of them that do not get it!

jodi Mueller

posted August 10, 2012 at 12:40 pm

One more insignificant point mattaug, I too was around for black and white television and before HBO. Excuse me, But the point is what? If it is that television at that time was a lot less complicated or vulgar, I would have to agree. But, I also remember the outrage about Elvis and how his music and movements were the work of the “devil”…. I guess, The only real point made here is, We are both getting old.

jodi Mueller

posted August 10, 2012 at 12:23 pm

My comments about this article and Mattaug in particular, Were to make a point. Rude is Rude whether it’s Mattaug’s statement about Sharon Osbourne being around too long and not being missed or using the same phrase to Mattaug. Overwhelmingly the supporters of Sharon Osbourne far out number the supporters of Mattaug. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, However, when writing what is supposed to be a professional blog, by a supposedly professional journalist I expect a little more respect if nothing else. In my opinion, It was not good journalism, but something I’d read in a tabloid publication. As to Sharon profiting off of Ozzy’s behavior, Sir, This woman has lived through years of hell, and yet she has stood by her husband and her children. That deserves respect. I hardly think she considers the pain and sacrifice to have been for any gain, monetarily or attention getting.There is an excellent article about Ozzie Osbourne and his and his son’s struggle to recovery, on Beliefnet, I think Mattaug, You should read it, It may educate you.

Guity Adjoodani

posted August 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I really like Sharon Osborne – I think she adds a lot of class to the show that often has raunch acts which diminish from the ligitimacy of the show. I can’t stad the bickering which goes on between the other 2 judges who are like over-grown adolescents, each on a power trip to pump themselves up. I find Howard Stern to be an arrogant and obnoxious, spoiled adult brat and Howie’s germophobia is a testament to his maturity level. Keep Sharon Osborned, bring back David Hasselhof and bring a 3rd judge who has some expertise in classical music. That’s my vote!!

Your Name

posted August 10, 2012 at 11:50 am

I think Sharon Osborne makes the show legitimate – she has a lot of class and makes appropriate comments (usually) – Howard and Howie bicker and sound like a couple of over-aged adolescents and I frankly would like to see Hasseldorf back instead of the arrogant and obnoxious Howard Stern!!

Sandra

posted August 10, 2012 at 12:48 am

Good luck Sharon. You have class and are genuine that I will miss. But I’ll keep watching on your other show:)

Anonymous

posted August 9, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Sharon is very kind. She considers other peoples feelings. Howie does also. For Stern- he just wants to make sure that every one knows that he is present. Show-off!!!
These talent shows would be nice to watch if all of them could find judges that is worth having.

Barbara

posted August 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I liked Stern at the beginning of the show, when he surprised me with his kind, perceptive comments and his somewhat gentle demeanor. However, as the show has progressed, his ugly side has emerged and his often crude and uncaring persona have caused me to stop watching. Making children cry is not good TV (in my opinion!). I love Sharon- she is a delightful contradiction- kind, gentle,loving, motherly, all in the body of a punk, heavy metal intense body. Howie is fun and perceptive. It’s sad, because I love talent competitions, but this is no longer a show I watch- And it is Stern’s responsibility.

Kelly

posted August 9, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Sharon had a career long before she married Ozzy. On a site like this, I was surprised to see such a negative article. I think she was a good balance to the others and I think t is a shame they did not fight to keep her.

mattaug

posted August 9, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I enjoyed your post and you make some good points Jodi! I have ripped into Stern in the past but this blog was about Sharon Osbourne and she is not coming off well in my opinion and she has profited off of Ozzy’s “behavior”. Thanks for reading and I’m not going to be rude to you for your opinion!

jodi Mueller

posted August 9, 2012 at 11:53 am

I find your comments on Sharon Osbourne to be quite judgemental and offensive. She has a great deal of class. How can you attack Ozzy Osbourne for his anti-faith music and not Howard Stern? Who is and always has been not talent just shock and tiotally in the gutter ideals. I think sir, Maybe you’ve been around a year too long and you wouldn’t be missed

mattaug

posted August 9, 2012 at 10:30 am

thanks for all the comments everyone…keep them coming! not sure about the one regarding this being “beliefnet” … Sharon may come off as a nice person, and in some ways she is, but Ozzy has done some terrible anti-faith music over the years … and “Suicide Solution”, another one of his songs, just plain awful and dangerous!

Janet

posted August 9, 2012 at 10:02 am

Harsh words for a site that is supposed to be beliefnet. I love Sharon and could do without Howard. Better check your priorities in life.

Me

posted August 9, 2012 at 9:07 am

I couldnt agree with the writer more. And, Stern deserves more $$. He will breath new life into this show and I may even watch it now.

cyndi

posted August 9, 2012 at 8:40 am

I do not watch the show for any of them. I watch it for the talent. The laughs, the ridiculous, the ludicrous- personalities can come and go. There decisions sometimes suck.

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Changing Channels. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter

posted 9:45:41am Dec. 20, 2012 | read full post »

This TV Critic Hopes Twitter Is Here To Stay!
A recent newspaper article that indicated Twitter is some kind of fad that could come and go in the next few years seems kind of sad to me. The great equalizer in our society isn't economic or legal or anythin

posted 5:04:10pm Dec. 12, 2012 | read full post »

Missing Sammy Davis Jr., Twinkies
I just noticed that the late, great Sammy Davis Jr's birthday, Dec. 8, came and went over the weekend. I miss the talented man, who broke down racial barriers through high great singing, dancing and even acting skills. Yes, even the latter, as judged by his appearance on the TV classic "All in

posted 8:22:23am Dec. 12, 2012 | read full post »

Daymond John Is One Cool 'Shark'
Inspiring people who are role-models are often difficult to come by when it comes to today’s television shows. Programs are often so full of rude, crude and offensive behavior from people with the same qualit

posted 1:39:27pm Dec. 10, 2012 | read full post »

On Thin Ice: Are NHL Owners Bargaining In Good Faith With Players?
I'm a strange 'cat', I'll admit it. Just ab0ut completely broke all the time, yet I am as conservative as the day is long. And I always will be. In a similar way, I have always been among the working middle class, or poor, lol, but tend to see things in the owner's point of view in many res

posted 6:23:34pm Dec. 07, 2012 | read full post »