Changing Channels

Changing Channels

Wishing You Well, Robin Roberts!

The morning “news” programs may be more fluff than anything else, but it’s still difficult not to like GMA‘s Robin Roberts.

The former ESPN star is smart, well-spoken and not rude or crude as a host and has discussed being a Christian woman on CBN.

Robin Roberts

She unfortunately has also had to battle health issues, such as the blood and bone marrow disorder called M.D.S. she is currently dealing with as Roberts announced Monday.

Roberts, already a breast cancer survivor, will receive a bone marrow transplant from her older sister Sally-Ann later in the year and likely miss GMA for a few months.

I am more of a ‘Today‘ viewer out of habit, but ABC‘s GMA has made inroads into the NBC show’s ratings.

With her steady and solid approach, Roberts HAS to take her share of the credit for that.

We wish her all the best!

Barbara Hardy

posted October 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Robin, you are one outstanding, phenomenal WOMAN! You are in my prayers. I know that your faith in God will bring you safely through. It is in our weakness that the Lord’s strength is made known. Let us remain prayerful. Hope to see you back on GMA REAL SOON>

Carol Mitchell

posted August 13, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Robin Roberts is the best thing on morning television. I admire her charm and wit and wish her everything good.

posted June 22, 2012 at 11:25 pm

just saying Get Well Soon..

Laura H

posted June 22, 2012 at 2:38 am

Hi Robin.

I am a Thyroid survivor myself I had it completely removed. I could not have gone through it without people like you. You gave me the hope to move forward in whatever stand in my way, today I stand, as a strong woman believing in dreams of tomorrow will hold a better future for me. You are strong and I know we will get through this together you are not alone.
Love you God bless you

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Dear Robin–I know in my heart from watching you each morning, just how strong in faith that you are and also strong willed. You will be in our Prayers from now on, and we wish you a quick recovery. Love ya

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Just remember God promised never to leave us or forsake us be blessed

Debbie Thomas- Strong

posted June 21, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Robin,I’m sending up prayers for you. May God bless you.

Virginia Rickard

posted June 21, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Robin, I wish you well. I really love GMA. I start my day with you and really feel that all of you are part of my family. I am sorry you have suffered so much this last year. I hope you will not be off the show too long because I will miss you. Thanks for your smile every day.

Robin Hudson

posted June 21, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Robin, I know what it feels like to wake up every morning wondering about the unknown of the next second , minute, hour, day, month and year. See, I too I’m a breast cancer survivor. Believe me I know and feel in my heart that God did not bring you (us) this far to turn his head. I once woke up each morning and thought, as I looked at myself in the mirror one breast now will I get through the day, I’m still here. Isaiah 41:10 said’s FEAR NOT. You made it one time this is just one more hurdle cross over or basketball to throw up. You are my sister now and forever. If I could be there I would hold your hand and give you my strength, take your tears and thoughts away. I know it is still hard not to be fearful but it is ok to cry and feel what you feel after each cry you will become stronger and stronger just remember back when, my sister, just remember back when. God does not give us more than he feels we can handle. God would not give you more than he felt you could handle. I love you and kneel to my knees for you. In the name of the father, the son and the holy ghost

Robin Hudson Fayetteville N.C 28304

posted June 21, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I know that all things are possible thru God.
I will be praying that you are healed from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. God is a healer.
Much love in Christ.
Barbara Jones Dallas, tx

Marian Burrell

posted June 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm

The beautiful shining star that you are in so many of our lives knows and believes Jesus will be there for her. What you think about comes about,right! My prayers and my faith knows in my heart you my darlin will be lifted up by God himself. While all of us pray for you and your loving sister Sally Ann, to be healed.

Sandy Deardorff

posted June 21, 2012 at 4:29 pm

May God be with you during this time and may He heal your body as only He can.
My husband has cancer and we are treating thru alternative, which has worked for 7 years now.
I pray your treatment goes well and you have a a long and healthty life!

I enjoy watching you every day, you are inspiration with your positive attitude.
Sandy Deardorff, Auburndale, Florida

Your Name

posted June 21, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Wishing the best for Robin! Please let her know that was praises go up, blessings come down and we are sending up prayers for her and her family! Ann Davis

Lisa Haskins

posted June 21, 2012 at 2:17 pm

My prayers are with you Robin and I know with your faith in GOD that he will see you through this other obstacle that has come upon you, just as HE brought you through before I know HE will again. I love you on GMA and you are a great example to women who maybe going through or not going through Cancer or any kind of illness. I have Crohn’s Disease and have been in remission since 2003 when I had my last operation and that was with my faith and trust in GOD because through HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. MAY GOD KEEP BLESSING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS, LISA HASKINS.

Betty M. Daniel-Lanie

posted June 21, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Dear Robin,
You have been a shining example of strength
and courage in the face of challenging issues in your life. You are a calm in the storm of panic and dispair that faces all
cancer patients. God bless you for your
willingness to share all of this with your

posted June 21, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Praying for Robin Roberts to have added strength to receive the bone marrow from her Dear Sister and have a full recovery. She is such a Blessing to so many women who have endured cancer and she keeps life real. Her belief in God is open, honest and clear..God will sustain her.

posted June 21, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Dear Robin
You are a super personality and a caring woman I’m a cancer survivor for 14 years. Just keep you hand in the hand of the man who part the waters.
Keeping you in prayer for ever.

Your Name

posted June 21, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Dear Robin, while waiting for a nurse to call me Bach
For knee surgery I came across a blog of your
Condition and just had to wish you well.
You are iny prayers also.may God bless and
Keep you in perfect peace.

sonya a upchurch

posted June 21, 2012 at 11:31 am

Good Luck To You Robin May God Bless You and keep you my prayers go up to the Good Lord for you.

posted June 21, 2012 at 10:57 am

My thoughts and prayers to out to Robin. She is a pillar of strength and hope for every woman.

Karen Hartman Watson

posted June 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

Just someone who greatly admires you, especially how you handle a crisis. It has truly taught me so much.
Know that along with many others, our prayers are going to help you through this one also.

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:24 am

Trust and believe that if GOD brings you to it… He will bring you through it. God’s purpose for you is simply perfect. He wants to show you things that only you can understand by living what you are living, and by being in the place you are now. GOD will take care of You! My prayers are with you and your family.

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:21 am

My God is greater than anything. God has you in the palm of his hand. You will be healed in Jesus name.

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:07 am

Praying without ceasing for Robin’s healing and yet another miracle in her life. Thanking God for continued blessings abundantly and exceedingly above all Robin could dream possible.
Dallas, TX

Beverly Green

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:04 am

Robin, My prayers are with you and your sister. We wish you both a successful recovery.

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:02 am

I too wish her all the best. I hope the rumors I have read about her being gay is ot true. If she is gay, my prayer for her is to repent and turn from this sin. As she is claiming to being a christian, her lifestyle will show it, if not a christian, her lifestyle will show that also.

posted June 21, 2012 at 9:00 am

posted June 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

Dianne Griffin

posted June 21, 2012 at 7:52 am

You are so brave, Robin! Wishing you well and a quick recovery. Hang in there! The Angels are with you.

Frederica Lloyd

posted June 21, 2012 at 7:28 am

Ms. Robin Roberts, I don’t know you personally, but as a Black Women and a viewer of the Today Show you are my sister. May God continue to Bless you and protect you. By God’s Grace and Mercy I am wishing you a speedy recovery. P.S. If you need additional bone marrow, I am willing to be tested. God Bless You!

posted June 21, 2012 at 7:20 am

By God strips you are heal, keep trusting and believing God, my heart pray you get through this in Jesus name Amen God is good all the time, thru the good, and not so good. Be strong. Love, Peace, and Soul

Anita Crescenzi

posted June 21, 2012 at 6:58 am

I am also a breast cancer survivor and my heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you. You are a lovely woman who deserves the best in life.

posted June 21, 2012 at 3:42 am

Ms. Robin,
I’ve heard of your struggle; I’ve already (asked our Divine Maker)to intercede !!

And, if HE chooses (which I know he will) to bring (the healer) ARCHANGEL RAPHAEL, on your behalf! (to heal you!) by God’s grace, and infinite! wisdom!

posted June 21, 2012 at 2:06 am

Robin, You are a very strong women,I’m sure not all the time, but I admire your courage and strength through all of your medical problems. You must have great faith and believe that you are in good hands and what you believe in yourself, the out come will be good!! Good thoughts and prayers, stay strong and be postive!! Everything will work!

Your Name

posted June 21, 2012 at 1:59 am

Good luck Robin, I hope everything goes well for you. Keep the positive attitude…..

Patricia Pacheco

posted June 21, 2012 at 1:34 am

I love you Robin! I start my day with you each morning. My prayers are with you daily. I know that your faith will keep you strong. And…there is nothing like a sister!

Kenna Rothwell

posted June 21, 2012 at 1:30 am

I watch every weekday morning. Robin just seeing your smile is uplifting. I wish you a speedy recovery and will pray for you as God is watching over you.

Helene Stovall

posted June 21, 2012 at 1:30 am

Our family is sending all our good wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery.

posted June 12, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Robin you are definitely a role model; your graciousness and laughter is like music from the angels. I wish you Godspeed and a fast recovery.

posted June 12, 2012 at 10:14 am

Praying for your Robin!! You are a strong woman and a woman of faith. Take care.

Your Name

posted June 12, 2012 at 9:55 am

Ms. Roberts,

My prayers will be with you. And that prayer is that God once again bless you good health and strength. As long as you maintain the faith you will be in good hands.

I look forward to day you fully recover by Gods grace and mercy.

Elma of Houston, Texas

Fello Small

posted June 12, 2012 at 7:59 am

Isaiah Chapter-53 V5

But he was wounded for our transgression , he was bruised for our iniquities;the chastisement of our peace was upon him ; and with his stripes we are healed.Amen

posted June 12, 2012 at 7:34 am

I’m inclined to agree with the author – I actually started watching GMA as a result of seeing a promo for a story Roberts was doing. I appreciated her sincere and respectful approach. I felt compelled to tune in to see if it was just the story or was she always so sincere. I quickly came to appreciate just how sincere she was. I will make sure to include her and the family in my prayers.

posted June 12, 2012 at 4:21 am

Robin, I am praying for you and the staff at GMA. I wish you the best…keep smiling.

beth nelson

posted June 12, 2012 at 1:17 am

I don’t have a tv so I’ve never watched you, I have read about you. You are in my prayers. God has healed you once he will do it again. keep reading your bible. you are an inspiration to a lot of people Love your sister in christ. Beth

posted June 12, 2012 at 12:27 am

I’m praying for you Robin and I know that God has you in his loving arms and will see you through get well soon

posted June 11, 2012 at 11:49 pm

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family Robin Roberts. You are such a joy and delight to watch on GMA. I came to admire you and you have been my inspiration. God will send you healing mercies. hang in there It is well RR.

Patricia Lemos

posted June 11, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I wish the best for you, you are a beautiful lady and God bless you and your sister. And God will no send something that you could not handle, he love you.

Carol McNamara

posted June 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Robin Roberts,I have watched GMA for a very long time,and of all the Great people as co-workers and folks on the show you always stand out like a Bright Shiny STAR, you have been given a path to cross, the GOOD LORD is by your side, and my Prayer’s are with you always,God’s Blessings to you.

Georgiana caneron

posted June 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I send you blessings and will keep you in my prayers as you all work on your return to good health.

Mary Wojtovitz

posted June 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Robin, you are an inspiration to all are strong, beautiful and I look to you each morning with anticipation, and love..May God bless you with healing..I will keep you in my prayers daily..

posted June 11, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Robin Roberts is one of the few anchors who are not rude, who is a beautiful woman with a fantastic figure and a pleasure to watch. We wish her well and our prayers are with her.

Karen Philips

posted June 11, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Robin, I wish you the very best. I will be sending up prayers for your health and well-being. I pray all goes well with your transplant. You are a strong woman and you have God with you. Get well very soon!

Joyce Hamer-Betts

posted June 11, 2012 at 7:40 pm

nd through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. . .’ God protected Israel in times of trouble and He will do the same for you – He cares about you! You are His child!!! Lean completely on Him and He will carry you through this, too!

My prayers will continue for you.

Angie Brown

posted June 11, 2012 at 7:38 pm

You give an example of substance to newspeople everywhere (while another news channel was into ridiculous beauty buys– many hundred dollars for pocketbooks and telling women to shave the hair off their arms so the toxic dipilitary can go into the water supply)
you model more important virtues.
You give us substance now through your realness, but wish you didn’t have to have this challenge. Sorry to have read in Guideposts that even you had trouble with your insurance company. I’d really have liked to think you didn’t have those sort of stressors.

Love your style, Robin, you are wonderful and will be in my prayers.

Mamie Sims

posted June 11, 2012 at 7:36 pm

You have a wonderfull outlook ! My prayers join with others for you ! God bless. M.S.

Your Name

posted June 11, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Such a beautiful meek and umble person–adore her……

Norma Jones

posted June 11, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Robin, I know you are a fighter, so keep on doing what you know to do. God has your name written in the palm of His hand. I am sending up prayers for your divine healing. My prayers work!!! In the name of Jesus.

Carol Janczak

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:56 pm

you are a beautiful, inspirational, intelligent, kind, loving and caring person. All of your viewers will be praying through this difficult time. We are blessed to listen to you and feel like you are one of our dear friends, just brightening every morning. You will be back in no time, miss you already!!

Sherry Turner

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Dear Robin,
My prayers and thoughts are with you. You are a survivor and a fighter. I know you can beat this. God will be with every step of the way.
All my love and respect,
Sherry Turner

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:37 pm

She is such a strong woman and has done her job with such focus.

I wish her the very best and with her attitude and the well wishes from all her know her and her belief in God; I am sure she will beat it.

Your Name

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Our Prayers are with Robin and the Lord will watch over such a special person. Now our turn to send some powerful prayers her way!!!blue nun ,calif.

Your Name

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:32 pm

My prayers are with you Robin I know that GOD is a GOOD GOD who will see you through another storm in your life! He never gives us more then we can handle for every level here is another devil and he is a LIAR!!!!!

GOD has already turned this situation around in your favor for EXCELLENT HEALTH!

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:29 pm

You are the morning light in my world and I tune in to see your smiling face and to hear all the things you have to share with me first thing in the morning. You can and will survive. You are the daughter of a Tuskgee airmen and a mother who knew struggle and how to handle it with dignity and grace. As they say, “The apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree.”
You are always in my prayers and the prayers of millions who admire and love you from afar.

Stay Strong my sister.
Gos IS working

Corrie Jennings

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Robin I feel as if you are my sister friend, I too am a breast cancer survivor. I watch you every day on GMA.When I heard you speak this morning I just wanted to give you a big old hug. But since I can’t I will keep you in my prayers and hug you there. From my lips to Gods ears Robin Roberts is a SURVIVOR.

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:15 pm

sarah b stovall

posted June 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Gail Gross-Thompson

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Robin, you are definitely in my prayers. You are an incredible soldier for Christ, and an awesome example of what a Christian should be.

I admire you in every aspect. You have such courage, strength, favor and you are such a beautiful woman.

Continue to keep God first and all your trials will not be in vain. In reading about your life story and in seeing you handle life struggles with such dignity, we are encouraged.

Thanks for all you do daily to give hope to so many people of color.

Your Name

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Robin…I wish you all the very best! I think of you as a wonderful strong willed woman. God will see you thru, as well as all your good wishers!

Nellie Lewis

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Robin, I was sorry to hear of your illness, but with God speed and blessing you will be back. I will missed you and ill wait for your return. We Love You! get well soon.

Bruce & Maria Lash

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Ditto to All the Comments before. You Can Do It Robin, You have done it all Your Life, and You will Do It Again, with the help of The Lord! All the prayers are with You and Your Family. God Bless! All Our Love.

Maria Matson

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I have been watching you for years, I am in awe of your strength and courage. You truly are an inspiration to so many. I will be praying for you and your loving sister.

Hank Butler

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:24 pm

The world is praying for you Robin, and I know that God is listening. God is also surrounding you with light, enfolding you in love, and healing you with his presence.You are a beautiful woman, blessed with every virtue God has bestowed upon you. Do not fear, the love being sent your way is your healing grace.

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:20 pm

I am a huge GMA fan…. and Robin is the BEST! I was really sorry to hear about her illness this morning. I will lift her up in my prayers. Keep the faith, Robin!

Your Name

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Peace, blessings and prayers for Robin!!! May her courage carry her through the struggle and may her faith be the cornerstone of healing… may the stumbling blocks become the stepping stones to good health. For all the good she gives the world may it bring to her every blessing!

Peggy Brown

posted June 11, 2012 at 5:09 pm

May God bless you and be strong my prayers go out to you.

posted June 11, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Robin, I will be praying for you. Be strong.