Changing Channels

Changing Channels

TLC Pulls Plug: Viewers Could No Longer Relate To Kate Gosselin

posted by mattaug

I don’t get any joy from Monday night’s news that TLC has pulled the plug on its reality show Kate Plus Eight.

I feel sadness for a woman, Kate Gosselin, whose life has changed so much due to fame and infamy.

YouTube Preview Image

Much of it is her own doing, however, which explains the vitriol I am reading on facebook from people who clearly won’t miss Kate.

Kate Gosselin is not likeable and not watchable.

In short, viewers can no longer relate to Kate.

“WHOO HOOO, she was giving motherhood a bad name,” wrote one person.

“woo hoo hate her!!” wrote another.

“glad to see the show go. Not a fan of hers now or ever…..bye bye Kate!” another person opined.

“I don’t relate to this new and improved Kate (sarcasm),” another person chimed in.

In other words, Kate no longer rates and can start looking for dates?

OK…I couldn’t resist, based on her own recent words, but I still hope for the best for Kate Gosselin and her kids.

The latter never asked for all this nonsense, after all.

………………………………………………

For a look at the sports of the day, please check out: http://www.orble.com/a-sports-life/

Delrea Kelderman

posted November 15, 2011 at 1:08 pm

ok I did sound a little mean .But it was the show where they took a wonderful trip and she took TWO nannies along and im sure the trip was all expences paid.She treated the poor women AND THERE CHILDREN terribleyThe two older girls were allowed to treat them like servants also She complained about being in “a camper” A 3000k motor home.How many of us would whould have been thankful to have the opertunity to to take our children on a trip like that.Even in a crowded car.She even demanded that her “bodyguard” Frocefully take a mans camera from him because he DARED to take a picture of her.She cringed at the thought of eating pizza on a paper plate .How many familys would have praised God for that pizza because there children may have had no supper that night.She had those poor nannies in tears.She does not appreciate.The blessings she has been given.She just stands there with her hand out wanting more .Everyone is feeling sorry for her because the show was her income.Have you seen the house she has come on people.Im sure she has more in the bank than any mother working as a waitress or nurse (that she does have a degree).Have you ever even thought about the women who work in a nursing home taking care of our elderly making minimum wage who get there hands very dirty.how will they care for there babies that should be the real question.I wont even get started on the Sarah Palin episode.Where she auctully cried because her fingers were cold.She pouted away from the fire.I guess she thought they should bring the fire to her.Her children were getting a great education from that trip.and all she could do was stomp her feet and cry.She could have let an entire class or group of under privilaged children go in her place .Someone who would have appreciated that opportunity.ok im sorry if i sound like an a mean person .I not I just think all that money that she didnot care about should have gone to better use.I know how about a battered womens shelter or maybe even an orphanage.ok I’ll stop now.

Delrea Kelderman

posted November 15, 2011 at 11:36 am

I am so glad to see her go.Now I know why Jon celebrated .He got out alive.I have never disliked someone so much and those poor children.I think it is to late for the two older girls .They act just like her.but Jon needs to take the others and run.Grow up Kate it is time to get your hands dirty.And not have a childish fit about it.I will miss watching the younger ones grow.There should be a new show Jon plus six.

Principe

posted September 2, 2011 at 7:56 am

That’s Kate?
Really?
Dude, WTHell???

Me, Yo.

posted August 21, 2011 at 11:18 pm

It was a stupid show anyway. And 8 kids? Really? Put an aspirin between your knees. And make a real living, aside from your vagina making kids to publicize. That thing isn’t meant for money-making..

Your Name

posted August 21, 2011 at 7:16 pm

It is my hope that Kate & her darling children can get on with their lives…It hasn’t been easy for them. REGARDLESS of some of her antics she is a woman who has to deal with-“HOW will she support this family ?”It won’t be easy because until this time she knew she was making a living for her family. ENOUGH WITH THE POOR JOHN..will he be able to contribute to the kids living expenses ? I bet not. Good luck Kate..I hope we can see the kids from time to time. I’d like to watch them grow up.

Carolyn A Weldon

posted August 19, 2011 at 10:47 pm

As a grandmother age 68, I have to speak up for Kate and those wonderful children. I feel that jealousy has been Kate,s biggest problem. Jon had to be told every move to make. Her sisterinlaw said on national T.V. That Kate was exploiting her children. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I feel that Kate,s children will have a great life under her guidance. I would be proud to have been Kate,s mother. I will miss them.

Elizabeth

posted August 18, 2011 at 9:56 am

I believe she blow it when she cheated on her husband. If we want to say other celebrities influence the American children, then the same goes for her. She is using her children to make money and thinks she is better then everybody else.

matt

posted August 18, 2011 at 7:37 am

good points brenda, joseph and kathy and thanks for checking out changing channels!

brenda

posted August 17, 2011 at 9:51 pm

some people say that can’t relate to her.but what about the ones who can.she did a great job with those kids by herself.i believe in her as a single mom.

kathy c

posted August 17, 2011 at 8:58 pm

On the one hand it’s a good thing since the kids can go through the rest of school years now without their friend’s folks &their teachers seeing what is happening at the home now,but on the other hand now Kate has no type of income coming in other then child support if she gets any from jon and any talk show she might appear on in the future, since the show has been canceled since doing the show was her income after having the 6 since she hasn’t gone back to being a nurse since having the sextuplets.Hopefully with the tv show gone now the poperatize/media can leave her alone now cause other then any talk show interviews she wants to do that would most likely be done in the interviewer’s studio, the media&poperatize should stop hanging outside of her house now and leave her&the kids alone.

Joseph G. Villanuewva

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I have to agree with some of the postings. If you don’t like the show change the channel. Stop bullying Kate. Go whinn somewhere else. As for all does mean people on facebook you know where they should go! Yes I do agree that the fame and the money went to Kates head maybe now she and the kids can have a real life…

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:52 pm

church….or prayer to God…is not a bad place for any of us to be in or to turn to. you are SO right about supposed $ and fame too….pretty empty things all in all.

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:50 pm

it seems irresponsible to have so many kids, for sure and then to get rewarded for it….hmmmm….interesting thoughts gloria…thx!

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm

those and nice and thoughtful words! thx for writing in.

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm

it probably just ran its course….and there will be updates on them….just not as frequently as on a regular show like this…

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm

well put…short and sweet too!

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:48 pm

agreed…I tried to be gentle as possible, and I don’t like what FB’ers said about her either. How about getting your own life? … is what I feel like telling some people…thanks for writing in.

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:45 pm

many people feel the same way…and thanks everyone for writing in! Kate has changed TOO much to the detriment of herself and her family.

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:44 pm

she did lose her “realness” over the years, didn’t she?

mattaug

posted August 17, 2011 at 6:43 pm

good points tracy…it’s been a tough situation for her…though she may have made things worse with her actions.

Patricia Menville

posted August 17, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I watch this show from the beginning. I felt sorry for her X-husband, she treated him like dirt. Never a good word to say about him, ordering him to always get this, get that when she needed something. I know it is difficult to care for 8 children, but no husband deserved what she gave him. After he left, then it was the kids, being ordered around like they were a bunch of robots. If it didn’t happen the way she wanted it was hell to pay on him. A man can only take so much. I hope she finds what she is looking for, because money and fame won’t bring happiness. Maybe she needs to start over in that church she used to take the kids to. This time on her knees.

gloria taber

posted August 17, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I am SOO glad to see one of these LARGE family shows go!! I never watch them as they promote large families which this planet cannot afford now. This is nothing personal against Kate, but I think TLC needs to get rid of all this type of family show. My next target is “19 Kids and Counting”.

treila

posted August 17, 2011 at 2:09 pm

it sad of what hase happend, and I sure hope that there is amend amongst the gosslings. Excpecaly with john and kate, so then the 8 children wont have to be caught in the middle, of this mess. Id thnik that the epsodes didnt bring them togeather in to the relationship. ID think that the both should of pulled the plug when there was building. I am sorry that this had to happen the way it did. But I hope in the end it all ends well. I hope that john is still seeing his children. And I hope Kate is allowing them to see their father. MY prayers are with them all. And my heart is with them also. Relationships are not all what they expct them to be. But in the end relationships should be able to make amends some how some way. So then there wouldent be the finger poiniting of whos fault it was. And the children wouldnt feel as though its was their fault. Children at young age now days can pick up whats happing with in the household. By picking it up from their older sibblings.Or even by seeing and listing of what the pairents are saying or doing. Body language, and also both types of communication, can be picked up by the child/children themselves. Because of their surroundings.So It is sad of what this ended up beeing. I hope and pray that the mends will come.

Melissa

posted August 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I know I will certaintly miss Kate and her eight kids! I love watching the show and how she struggles to handle all eight.

Kneesea

posted August 17, 2011 at 12:20 pm

God Bless, Kate plus her eight children.

Sara

posted August 17, 2011 at 12:16 pm

If people don’t like Kate than change the channel. No need to bully her and say hateful things. People should be shamed of themshelfves – we teach our children not to bully, but they turn around bully people via Facebook and/or blogging. I just don’t get it! Im not a fan of Kate plus 8, so I don’t watch it – bottom-line. That does not mean I wish bad things for her and her family. That’s a job for her and jobs are hard to find these days… People really need to think about others feelings – I don’t care who they are!!!!

Theresa P

posted August 17, 2011 at 12:06 pm

When Kate and her family first appeared on TLC, they were a true American Family with multiples. After the years, Kate took a 360 turn. I think the fame and fortune took over her. That would break up and family. She really needs to go back and work a 9 to 5 job to see how other family’s struggle day to day to support their families and not dependant on a TV contract. I felt in my heart that this day would come eventually and it has happened. Is Kate up to a one on one interview now?

T richards

posted August 17, 2011 at 11:47 am

Who cares it not about the kids anymore it’s all about Kate I don’t like the show at all anymore it’s not about a family setting they are divorce and not a family this is not what we want for our familys we want shows that are about REAL FAMILYS I am glad they are taken it off.

tracy copas

posted August 17, 2011 at 8:15 am

I think people need to leave her alone and stop judging her. How do you think you would look in her situation. No one critizes the cheating jerk she was married to. Its funny everybody loved them when it was all good, but the second the marriage went south then kate became a horrible person.