Changing Channels

Changing Channels

‘Big Brother’ Death Threats Ridiculous

posted by mattaug

It’s a shame that some people can’t watch a show without becoming a part of the story.

Or trying to.

YouTube Preview Image

The reported death threats against a family of a contestant responsible for the “eviction” of a popular house guest on CBS’ Big Brother is shameful and disgusting.

I’m not going to engage in the specifics here, I’ll leave that for celeb blogs.

I will say if people can’t watch a show without getting THAT torn up by it they need to change the channel.

“No matter how much you dislike an HG, this is wrong! True BB fans do not try to ruin lives. Please stop!”, tweeted “Big Brother” Executive Producer Allison Grodner.

When the safety of the contestants or the health, mental or otherwise, of its viewers becomes an issue a TV show is just not worth the trouble.

Shut the darn thing off and get a life!

………………………………………………………………………………….

for a look at the sports of the day check out: http://www.heapsgoodstuff.com/

mattaug

posted October 5, 2011 at 1:26 pm

from what I saw rachel grew up pretty quickly the last several weeks and showed toughness and maturity that will serve her well in her life moving ahead….$500K or not. Danielle should have stuck with the vets longer, that was to her detriment as I am sure Dick has reminded her…

robink

posted October 2, 2011 at 7:35 am

I’m a big fan of ‘reality’ shows and their various competitions, although I frequently notice games that are skewed to the strengths of particular players. I find it very informative to watch the microcosm of these player groups. The behaviors, tactics, and coalitions formed by participants are revealing human traits, good AND bad.
That being said, I did find Danielle’s betrayals, self-importance, and viciousness “over the top” and Kalia’s willingness to be her ‘tool’, unfortunate. In the end they were both “losers” and the REAL player that weathered all of the setbacks and was STILL triumphant, was RACHEL and she CLEARLY deserved it more than anyone else ! Way to go, Rachel ! You PREVAILED !

angela

posted September 2, 2011 at 10:17 am

You know what people, I’m with the Executive Producer,It’s a game full of fun and stategic moves,and yes, some liars and backstabbers, I’ve got some favorites and dislikes on there as well, but it’s not that darn serious!What happened to the old fashioned way of watching people on t.v. that we didn’t like…..we took out our frustrations by yelling at the t.v. set!It works for me! (sany)Smiling and nodding “Yes”

Your Name

posted September 1, 2011 at 8:09 am

really peoples lives are that boring. Get a life stop getting so involved in reality show and just enjoy it.

Curtis

posted September 1, 2011 at 2:20 am

For those that get that serious over a show.I’ve got one thing to say.IT’S ONLY A GAME,SO GET OVER IT!!! Besides you think the issues of who gets knocked off the show is twisting ya’ll’s panties.Then maybe you’d like to deal with all the”relatives” that com out of the woods wanting part of that money you might win????

Your Name

posted September 1, 2011 at 1:47 am

REALLY REALLY OMG its just a game dont take it so personal
thay know when thay join the game that thay could be sent out RIGHT AWAY big deal thats what makes the game so good
GET A LIFE ALREADY

Anonymous

posted August 31, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Why make it a race thing,People can’t get pass THAT.

Viv Slvia

posted August 31, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Something like this was bound to happen .Sooner or later ,But – what can we do ?????

R Fleming

posted August 31, 2011 at 12:12 pm

We all have to be concious of this world. We are living in the last days as the Bible says. People are just evil and willing to hurt people for no reason. I think we put too much in what we watch on tv we need to REALIZE that it is JUST TV. If it comes to threatening peoples life IT NEEDS TO BE CANCELLED. Dont put them in jeaoperdy.

Tina Whitney

posted August 31, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Take it off the air along with all the other so called reality shows. We need to see more wholsome television programing. These shows portray a very warped sense of reality!!! No amount of money is worth going on national TV and making a FOOL of yourself. Just saying…..

BBird

posted August 31, 2011 at 11:53 am

If we pulled the plug on everything sick people responded to in a sick way, then we’d have to pull the plug on life as we know it!!!

Michael

posted August 31, 2011 at 11:47 am

I couldn’t agree more.

Your Name

posted August 31, 2011 at 11:33 am

Surely you all are kidding. Death threats.
What.
What kind of society are we living in.
GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU BIG DUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueyes

posted August 29, 2011 at 12:42 pm

AMERICA – GROW UP! THIS IS A GAME…NOT LIFE OR DEATH!

Pull the Plug

posted August 29, 2011 at 10:04 am

It is time to PULL THE PLUG on reality TV – period. It is decaying our society and affecting our children-the future of our country for generations to come.

Another blog to enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting Changing Channels. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Idol Chatter

posted 9:45:41am Dec. 20, 2012 | read full post »

This TV Critic Hopes Twitter Is Here To Stay!
A recent newspaper article that indicated Twitter is some kind of fad that could come and go in the next few years seems kind of sad to me. The great equalizer in our society isn't economic or legal or anythin

posted 5:04:10pm Dec. 12, 2012 | read full post »

Missing Sammy Davis Jr., Twinkies
I just noticed that the late, great Sammy Davis Jr's birthday, Dec. 8, came and went over the weekend. I miss the talented man, who broke down racial barriers through high great singing, dancing and even acting skills. Yes, even the latter, as judged by his appearance on the TV classic "All in

posted 8:22:23am Dec. 12, 2012 | read full post »

Daymond John Is One Cool 'Shark'
Inspiring people who are role-models are often difficult to come by when it comes to today’s television shows. Programs are often so full of rude, crude and offensive behavior from people with the same qualit

posted 1:39:27pm Dec. 10, 2012 | read full post »

On Thin Ice: Are NHL Owners Bargaining In Good Faith With Players?
I'm a strange 'cat', I'll admit it. Just ab0ut completely broke all the time, yet I am as conservative as the day is long. And I always will be. In a similar way, I have always been among the working middle class, or poor, lol, but tend to see things in the owner's point of view in many res

posted 6:23:34pm Dec. 07, 2012 | read full post »