All Americans should take great pride and satisfaction in the election of an African-American as president of the United States. Given our nation’s tragic racial history, it says something noble and fine about America that Barack Obama, both a product of a biracial marriage and the son of a Kenyan father, could be elected to the highest political office in the land. I do not believe that there is another country on the face of the planet where such a thing could happen.
Every one of us should pause to give thanks that we have the privilege and great good fortune to call ourselves Americans and that we get to live out our lives in this great “opportunity democracy” where we truly do believe that “all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
The great American story has been our struggle to extend the promises of our founding documents (Declaration of Independence) to an ever greater circle of our society.
Whether someone voted for President-elect Obama or not, we can all agree that with his election, our nation has taken a giant step forward in delivering on the promise of a nation “with liberty and justice for all.”
God bless America!
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Same-Sex Marriage: Are the People Sovereign, or is it to be the Courts?
- Traditional Marriage Wins Big
- America: Fulfilling her promises
- The Party Platforms: Instructive Guides to Informed Voting – Part 3
- McCain, Obama, and the Military
- The Party Platforms: Instructive Guides to Informed Voting – Part 2
- The Party Platforms: Instructive Guides to Informed Voting
- Andrew Greeley’s Reprehensible Name-Calling
- Sen. Obama, FOX News, and the media
- Liberals need to put their money where their mouth is... on Conservatives Give More to Charity than Liberals?
- BARBARA6 on Barack Obama’s Hindu Lucky Charm
- Why don't conservatives ever volunteer? - Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Conservatives, Liberals, Third Parties, Left-Wing, Right-Wing, Congress, President - Page 13 - City-Data Forum on Conservatives Give More to Charity than Liberals?
- Is T.V Bad for Children? | Media Fort on Television—Dangerous for Children?
- Ashley on Conservatives Give More to Charity than Liberals?