Beliefnet
The Bliss Blog
Community Archives

There comes a time in our lives when we are called to face certain truths — that life unfolds at its own pace and not only as we would wish it to. For 56 years, I have danced the line […]

Advertisement

I saw a poster several years ago that had a list of movers and shakers who have helped to transform the world. The caption read something to the effect that they had the same 24 hours that all of us […]

Advertisement

This morning, I woke up, grateful to have woken up. Nothing new, since I do that each day. Today has a different feel to it for many reasons. The first is that it is my one year cardio-versary, […]

Advertisement

Tonight as I write this, snug in my bed, listening to the hum of the dishwasher and tunes on my favorite radio station, WXPN, there are others in various corners of the word who are crying, laughing, frowning, smiling, raging, celebrating, grimacing […]

Yesterday I spent a few hours in the presence of a group of folks who attended an event at Soul, Body and Home Gifts , in New Hope, PA that opened a door to connecting with loved ones who had […]

This morning, I heard this Jackson Browne classic called The Fuse that was the perfect prelude to an interview I had with Beth Long who is the editor of Doylestown Hospital’s news letter. She and I had last had a sit […]

Today is Memorial Day in the U.S. which commemorates those whose lives have been taken on the battlefield. It has become a harbinger of summer, although the season doesn’t officially begin until the solstice on June 21st at 12:38pm. Cookouts, […]

Rolling the clock back to the spring of 2005 and I find myself in the 5th floor walk up apartment in Manhattan of Reid Mihalko and Marcia Baczynski. Surrounded by blankets, pillows and pj clad strangers, save my brave friend […]

Yesterday, I was sitting in a black plastic chair at Meineke in Doylestown,  waiting for my car to be given the thumbs up to be road worthy after a rough winter. Here in Eastern, PA, like many places that endured […]

With Christine Lavin and Julie Gold Had a full circle experience on Sunday, when I walked through the doors of the Unitarian Church at 21st and Chestnut in Philly to celebrate the 80th birthday and illustrious career of music […]

Previous Posts