The Bliss Blog

The Bliss Blog

Community Archives

Godspell

When Godspell debuted in  the 1970′s, the theme was ancient, but the production was of its time….with a colorful cast of hippie-esque singers and dancers in celebration around Jesus. Quite ‘Woodstock era’  in costume and make-up with the central character […]

Who Has Your Night/Day?

Tonight I saw a message from a friend who spoke about a mini-disappointment and commented “This is so not my night.”  I jokingly responded “So, I want to know whose night it is and who has YOUR night?” As […]

Sharon Katz and The Peace Train

I have known Sharon Katz, for likely the last decade and am re-energized whenever I am in her presence. She of the fire-y red hair and the passionate persona, for music that speaks from the heart and to the […]

Half The Sky

I remember when I was in college reading the words “Women hold up half the sky.” What that meant to this budding feminist who marched for the ERA (which got defeated in part, because of a silly notion that it […]

Previous Posts

What's My Motivation?
In the car today, which is where I sometimes do some of my best thinking, I was considering why one of my intentions/goals is to interview Oprah and Ellen (not just be interviewed BY them). I attempted to justify my desire by saying that they are self made (with support) women, that they built thei

posted 11:01:05pm Oct. 01, 2014 | read full post »

Betwixt and Between
I had an interesting series of events over the past few days after writing a blog entry for The Huffington Post. It was called Why I Am Proud To Be A Total B*TCH!  As I was typing the words, I had a bit of trepidation come up and a sense of uh oh, should I be writing these words and validating wha

posted 10:57:39pm Sep. 30, 2014 | read full post »

Child's Play
I've been thinking a lot lately about my childhood experiences, almost in a life review format. Chalk it up to turning 56 in a few weeks. I grew up in a two parent household, with a younger sister born 2 1/2 years afterward,  so I had some time with them and with my grandmother as an 'only child'

posted 8:59:02am Sep. 28, 2014 | read full post »

Sleepiphany
This being a writer brings with it a penchant for word mash-ups and unique configurations. Many in my life share that talent. Yesterday while perusing Facebook, I noticed a term coined by a fellow wordsmith Shawn Allen. He was commenting on having taken a nap and then awakened with what he referred

posted 8:00:10am Sep. 26, 2014 | read full post »

Love Poems to God
Words come from a Divine Source, as far as I am concerned. since my writing (as if does for other wordsmiths) 'writes me'.  It flows through me and not from me. There are times when I have looked back at journal entries or articles I have penned over the years and think "Who wrote this?  I don't r

posted 11:18:21pm Sep. 25, 2014 | read full post »

Report as Inappropriate

You are reporting this content because it violates the Terms of Service.

All reported content is logged for investigation.