Beliefnet
The Bliss Blog
Community Archives

Today’s Bliss Blog entry was inspired by a piece written by Cynthia Greenfield of Asheville, North Carolina. It jumped out at me from the pages of her husband Blaine’s newsletter called Blaine’s World. Full of all kinds of newsy […]

I find inspiration at all times of day or night and in all circumstances. Lately, it has arrived, special delivery while I am striding on the elliptical at Planet Fitness (a.k.a. The Judgment Free Zone) . Would that I […]

Part two Solstice weekend…. I returned to Happy Tree Farm to participate in a service officiated by a sister Rev. named Mirabai Galashan; a chaplain who serves hospice patients and their families, as well as offers spiritual services and presentations. Her soft and elegant style […]

Last weekend, after attending a workshop at Yogaphoria, which is one of my favorite yoga studios in one of my favorite towns on the planet..riverside, artsy, colorful New Hope, PA, I decided to meander through the streets, basking in the […]

When you wish upon a star….. dreams come true. What happens when you bring together a svelte, youthful looking octogenarian whose desire was to take a long distance truck trip and a singer-songwriter, interfaith minister, handy-woman, retired truck driver?  The […]

May 30 is recognized as Memorial Day in the U.S.; a day that honors those who have served in the military, as well as their families whose support has allowed them to do so. While I certainly hold them in my heart, I […]

Last Sunday, I attended an event called Raise The Vibration which was held at Independence Mall in Philadelphia. A month or so earlier, I had picked up a pastel colored postcard with an image of Kwan Yin who is […]

Sunday May 1st was World Laughter Day and I found myself in the presence of jolly souls engaged in what is one of my favorite activities.  Laughter is portable, spontaneous, calorie free (actually burns calories:), fat free, cholesterol […]

What amazes me is how my perception of myself can be so dramatically different from those of others throughout my life. I was a quirky kid. I joke now that I was ‘an alien baby left […]

A few years ago, I had an experience that I had anticipated for weeks and a few that I had not expected as a result. After receiving several emails and fliers, I ventured into Philadelphia to […]