The Bliss Blog
Community Archives

Like it or not, most women you know, including the one in the mirror, has an ‘Innner Mean Girl’. She’s the one who yammers at you; editorializing about everything from the way you look, to the friends who […]

Part two of the Equinox celebration at Happy Tree Farm (part one was described in yesterday’s Bliss Blog) saw a group of us gathered under a tent next to the magical lake that has healing properties, not only […]

Although I like to think that 24 period can be a day of peace, the official website  for The International Day of Peace offers:   “The International  Day of Peace (“Peace Day”) provides an opportunity for individuals, organizations  and […]

What would it be like to be in a room filled with elevated energy, abuzz with conversation about world healing, life enhancing concepts?  Imagine connecting with kindred spirits from all corners and curves of the globe; a multi-cultural feast for […]

I initially heard about Playing For Change a few years ago, when, with delight, I listened to the Bob Marley song “One Love” and Ben E. King’s classic, “Stand By Me”,  that were performed, patchwork quilt style by gifted musicians […]

What would your day, your life, the world be like if you had no complaints?  As we can only be responsible for our own thoughts, beliefs, attitudes and actions, it really does start with each of us. I […]

September 11th, 2001 began like any other day for me, as a Social Worker in a nursing home in Philadelphia. I had walked into the dining room on my floor where some of the Residents were finishing their […]

A wise Facebook friend posted this on Sunday and it struck such a resonant chord in me that I needed to expand and expound on it here. Warning…it may get messy (:   “The most enlightened, awakened, present, […]

Ever think you know someone fairly well, only to discover a wealth of information about them that blows you out of the water?  Such was the case of my friend Cass Forkin, who spoke last weekend at Circle […]

An old Rabbi once asked his pupils how they could tell when the night had ended and the day had begun.”Could it be,” asked one of the students, “when you can see an animal in the distance and […]