Beliefnet
The Bliss Blog
Community Archives

What would your day, your life, the world be like if you had no complaints?  As we can only be responsible for our own thoughts, beliefs, attitudes and actions, it really does start with each of us. I […]

September 11th, 2001 began like any other day for me, as a Social Worker in a nursing home in Philadelphia. I had walked into the dining room on my floor where some of the Residents were finishing their […]

A wise Facebook friend posted this on Sunday and it struck such a resonant chord in me that I needed to expand and expound on it here. Warning…it may get messy (:   “The most enlightened, awakened, present, […]

Ever think you know someone fairly well, only to discover a wealth of information about them that blows you out of the water?  Such was the case of my friend Cass Forkin, who spoke last weekend at Circle […]

An old Rabbi once asked his pupils how they could tell when the night had ended and the day had begun.”Could it be,” asked one of the students, “when you can see an animal in the distance and […]

This is a subject that some find challenging to speak of and still others avoid totally, and yet taking our last breath is as natural as taking our first; the cycle of life in completion. I have never witnessed […]

The way I see it, everyday is Friendship Day, but in 1935, the U.S. Congress saw fit to declare it a national holiday on the first Sunday in August. In 1997, the United Nations named Winnie – […]

Baked by the sun, immersed in rhythm, rhyme and harmony, surrounded by the sounds, sights and smells of summer; I spent the weekend in musical heaven at an annual event hosted by NPR member supported University of Pennsylvania based […]

In the midst of a weekend that reverberates with the energy of the life I choose to experience. In the moment, I am sitting on a comfy wicker sofa in a beautiful bay side home in Mantoloking, NJ. […]

I received an invitation to connect with someone on facebook the other day that tickled me. This was a man who had a poetic way of expressing himself as he requested ‘friending’ me. At the end of it, […]