Beliefnet
The Bliss Blog
Community Archives

The holidays had me in the company of loved ones from all of the overlapping soul circles in my life. Some were family of birth and others family of choice, that entered my world unexpectedly and intentionally. Gratitude flows for […]

We are all relational beings, coming into the world hard-wired for connection to each other. Bonding takes place in family of birth, if we are fortunate. There are those, sadly, who miss out on the heart and soul safety in […]

I am an empath. Rather like the Star Trek: The Next Generation character Deanna Troi, I can pick up on the emotions and sometimes physical sensations of others, whether or not I know them personally. It is both a joy and […]

Today is World Kindness Day. As it is celebrated, it allows people around the globe to connect heart to heart. There are times when people feel disconnected from each other and themselves. I am convinced that it is at the […]

On Sunday, I sat in services at Circle of Miracles which is an interfaith community of which I have been part since 2001. Each week, inspired speakers share their wisdom and experience with us. I had felt called to go […]

We share the planet with more than 7.3 billion people. Most we will never meet and yet each one of our choices impacts on the lives of the others. How we treat each other determines the quality of our lives. […]

Like many around the globe, I have been following the journey of Pope Francis with interest. I was raised Jewish and am an interfaith minister, so the idea of a spiritual leader also being a diplomat, traveling to the United […]

Last night I joined with a group of friends to open arms and hearts and embrace life full on. Periodically, I throw a party that takes the love that knows no language barrier, to the streets of the nearby town […]

“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”-Albert Einstein “While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.”-Francis of Assisi “Better than a thousand hollow […]

Take a moment and think back 20 years. The calendar read 1995. The world was in turmoil with news about wars and famine capturing headlines. On the flip side, there was also an epic blending of culture when the Russian […]