Beliefnet
The Bliss Blog
Community Archives

Like many around the globe, I have been following the journey of Pope Francis with interest. I was raised Jewish and am an interfaith minister, so the idea of a spiritual leader also being a diplomat, traveling to the United […]

Advertisement

Last night I joined with a group of friends to open arms and hearts and embrace life full on. Periodically, I throw a party that takes the love that knows no language barrier, to the streets of the nearby town […]

Advertisement

“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”-Albert Einstein “While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.”-Francis of Assisi “Better than a thousand hollow […]

Advertisement

Take a moment and think back 20 years. The calendar read 1995. The world was in turmoil with news about wars and famine capturing headlines. On the flip side, there was also an epic blending of culture when the Russian […]

What would it be like to feel like an outsider in the midst of a crowd; an ‘other’ while surrounded by those whose appearance differs from your own? Being Biracial: Where Our Secret Worlds Collide was penned by Sarah […]

This past weekend, I took a time travel trip back 36 years to 1979. It was a period of my life that will be embedded in my cells forever. Not only was it when I began cutting my teeth on […]

I woke up this morning in eager anticipation of two big gatherings this week. Tomorrow I will be trekking to NYC to participate in The Good Men Project (GMP Live) story telling  event. The theme is Arrivals and Departures. I […]

For much of my life, I have resisted struggling. I know that sounds weird, since on some level, resistance IS struggle. Efforting. Pushing against what is, rather than accepting it. I have often denied that some things are just plain […]

Awake, truly awake and well rested after a weekend that was filled with laughter and joy, music, friends, dancing, singing, healthy eating and a power nap at the end of a long, sun streaming down day. On Friday night, so began one […]

There comes a time in our lives when we are called to face certain truths — that life unfolds at its own pace and not only as we would wish it to. For 56 years, I have danced the line […]

Previous Posts