A new game is being played on Facebook; one of the few I have jumped right into with enthusiasm, since it helps me get to know friends better and shows the world more about who I am. It goes like this; someone writes some ‘random facts’ about themselves and then when others comment, they then give that person an assignment, to write a certain number….1 through however many they choose, of tidbits about their lives on their own Facebook page.
I loved it so much, that I did it twice:
This is the first batch:
1. When I was 2 years old or so, I sat on Sally Starr’s horse and met ‘Our Gal Sal’ (those in the Philly area will know her). It was captured in a family home movie.
2. I communed with faeries and other spiritual energies as a child and haven’t stopped since.
3. In 6th, 8th and 10th grades I broke one ankle once and the other twice.
4. I went to Sears charm school in my pre-teen years and learned to walk with books balanced on my head.
5. I was an artist’s model in my 20′s. It’s hard work sitting in one position for an hour at a time and it got a little cold.
6. Chocolate is my drug of choice.
7. When I was 13, I was in a hula hoop contest and kept it going for more than 3 hours non-stop.
8. I worked as a greeting card text writer for Kathy Davis Designs for several years and wrote mushy love cards.
9. I interviewed and was hugged by His Holiness the Dalai Lama on July 17th, 2008.
This is the second batch:
1. I did a firewalk …for my 30th birthday at Appel Farm in Elmer, NJ led by Charles Balter and now all these years later, I am friends with his former wife Lisa Nicolosi Balter.
3. I survived a week at Camp Kettle Run in Medford, NJ when I was 6 and in Brownies. I was so homesick and sent notes home that if they didn’t come get me, I would die): My mother sent back notes (in total denial of my angst:) that she was glad I was having a good time. Unbeknownst to me, she did come and meet with the director who told her “Don’t you dare take her home, we’ll take care of her.” Apparently they did, since by the last day, I was actually having fun.
4. I was given a huge white plume feather by someone from a Mummers’ Parade String Band when I was clowning around at an event for Gilda’s Club Delaware Valley. It is on my bedroom wall. I really AM a clown…seriously. Her name is Feather and she is a faerie. For those who don’t know, the Mummers’ Parade is an annual event in Philly on New Years Day.
5. Chocolate is my drug of choice. (yes, I know I wrote this twice….I REALLY mean it)
6. I can pick things up with my toes and cross my pinkie toes over the next ones without touching them with my fingers.
7. I can eat just about anything with chopsticks.
8. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my favorite flavor.
9. I am one of the cuddliest people you will ever meet. My parents raised me to be a Cuddle Party facilitator www.cuddleparty.com
10. I was a born communicator. My mother told me that I began speaking at 6 months and haven’t stopped since. Makes for a good therapist/speaker/radio host/writer.
11. I have more books than any other type of item in my home.
Care to play along? Feel free to write yours in the comments section.