Beyond Gorgeous

Beyond Gorgeous

My Favorite Weight Loss Scripture for Bad Days

posted by sbrown

Yesterday I didn’t do so well sticking to my plan.  In fact, it was the kind of day when I washed out in lots of areas.  Here is one of my favorite verses.  I use it a lot — and you can, too, when (not if) bad days come along:

“Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy.  When I fall, I shall arise. When I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.”  Micah 7:8

We all fall, but the over-comers are the ones who get back up.  Yesterday is over.  The fails are finished.   The Lord promises to be my light  when the days seem dark with discouragement, so I’m ready to get up and go again.  Are you coming with me?

Eating to live, and living for Christ
Susan  Jordan Brown

sbrown

posted July 4, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Thanks so much, Maria! I’m glad the posts were a blessing to you.

Maria

posted June 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Came across your posts this morning & just what I needed. Thank you for helping me & I have posted it to Facebook & G+1 so that others may find the help they need too !

valenciaShelton

posted March 15, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Wonderful will keep it n my food diary. Many thanks

sbrown

posted October 13, 2011 at 9:35 am

Thanks for the encouraging comment!

sbrown

posted October 13, 2011 at 9:35 am

It’s one of my favorites, too. Thanks for the comment!

Di

posted October 2, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Love this verse! Thank you Lord for our dear sister in Christ

Mochelle

posted October 1, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Great verse!!! I bookmark it in my digital Bible i carry everywhere. Thanks 4 the lift..

sbrown

posted August 31, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Glad it helped. God is good!

lk douglas

posted August 31, 2011 at 8:23 am

i prayed for guidance for my wt loss journey last night & today i read that verse!
thanks x

sbrown

posted August 19, 2011 at 8:50 am

And I really needed the encouragement that someone is reading and being blessed by my blog! Thanks for posting.

Gloria

posted August 17, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I really needed this today. When I fall, I shall arise – Glory to God!

sbrown

posted June 3, 2011 at 10:29 am

I’m glad it was a blessing to you!

sbrown

posted June 3, 2011 at 10:27 am

It’s one of my favorites — which will tell you something about my life! ;^) Truly, the Lord is good and has picked me up and set me on my feet time and time again.

sbrown

posted June 3, 2011 at 10:26 am

Thanks for passing it on! I want to be a blessing to as many people as possible — and there are plenty of folks who need encouragement.

Kathy

posted June 3, 2011 at 9:59 am

I had a bad day yesterday, too. I woke up this morning ready to try again, though. I love that verse, it reinforces my feeling.

Neal

posted June 3, 2011 at 8:59 am

This passage is being sent to my Herbalife customers. We all fall off the wagon, but rejoice when we get back on.

Debbie

posted June 3, 2011 at 6:25 am

Thank you, I need this.

Recipe Day -- Good-For-You Chocolate Cake
I looked at the recipe in disbelief.  NINE eggs? Surely that was a misprint.  Only 3/4 cup flour in a cake?  Not likely.  As I studied about coconut flour, though, I saw that, yes, it does take that many eggs to make a successful cake with this healthy type of flour, and it takes a much smaller

posted 3:06:20am Mar. 29, 2013 | read full post »

Climbing Into Jesus' Wheelbarrow
Once there was a famous tight-rope walker.  He stood before a huge crowd by Niagara Falls, preparing to do his most daring feat. “How many of you believe that I can walk across Niagara Falls on this tightrope?” he asked the people gathered there. “We believe you can do it!” they shout

posted 3:23:14am Mar. 28, 2013 | read full post »

How Do You Know When to Stop Eating?
“We asked 150 Parisians how they knew they were through with dinner,” food psychologist Brian Wansink, PhD, said.  “They said, ‘When we’re full.’  When we asked 150 Chicagoans that they said, ‘When the plate is empty.’” * No wonder 2/3 of American adults are overweight and hal

posted 3:54:25am Mar. 27, 2013 | read full post »

Making Plans to Succeed
H.A.L.T. -- Don’t get too hungry, too angry, too lonely, or too tired.  But how do you do that?  How do you avoid getting in a dangerously tempting position? It takes planning.  Start planning before you even head to the grocery store.  Look over the Green-for-Go low glycemic lists. Click h

posted 3:41:47am Mar. 26, 2013 | read full post »

No More "If Onlys"
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.- Carl Bard If only -- If only.  How the “if onlies” plague us! “If I had only kept up that healthy eating and exercise plan I started five years ago I would look terrific now.”

posted 2:36:33am Mar. 25, 2013 | read full post »